[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it about love that drives us to it? Even the wisest,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: lovepinky.jpg (22KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
lovepinky.jpg
22KB, 500x333px
What is it about love that drives us to it?

Even the wisest, strongest, and most intelligent men can be brought to their knees in the pursuit of love. It has the ability to make our lives seemingly perfect, if only for a short while, but also the potential to tear us apart and leave us as empty, soulless husks.

Love is sublime suffering. When your lover is present, you are happy -- fuck everything else, she is the only thing that matters. When she is gone, you feel extreme pain and want. If only she could be there to satisfy your longing; even to just see her is enough to erase your pain. But it is also the source of that pain.

Why? Why do the wise among us feel the drive to love and be loved? Even when adhering to the strictest asceticism, the need for love persists. Even when the games and pretty lights no longer entertain us and we are close to being detached from the world, love draws us back in.

What is its nature? What is its value? And why do I want it, even knowing the pain it brings?
>>
Is this another Anne Frank thread?
>>
File: Love_is_a_spook_comrade.png (32KB, 1300x417px) Image search: [Google]
Love_is_a_spook_comrade.png
32KB, 1300x417px
>>3216898
But love is a spook :^)
>>
File: 1414288153000.png (164KB, 409x325px) Image search: [Google]
1414288153000.png
164KB, 409x325px
>>3216937
>QueerVanguard
>Poly
>>
Humans are hedonistic and romantic love is very pleasurable. I would say it cuts to the core of who a human being is and magnifies that presence.
>>
>>3216898
holy cringe. child, grow up.

love is a basic chemical reaction with the sole evolutionary purpose of getting you to spread your genetic information across the land. no strong or wise man allows love to corrupt their ability to think logically, because they understand that love's very purpose as a system of emotional triggers is to cloud your judgement and prioritize plowing pussy with your meathammer. not to get all "strong wimmenz" on you but if you think "love" is so powerful for subverting men stupid enough to let it control them, you must think women are geniuses for how much more often they're able to divide the feeling of love from sex and manipulate the way others cannot. the most real and beneficial love is between family. it acts as the framework upon which your understanding of relationship dynamics is built, and no human being will ever understand you in the most fundamental, animal sense that your family does; specifically the person that rears you (typically the mother). and I disagree with your hypothesis. Many people dispose of any pursuit of love with relative ease. We're surrounded by those people, especially in the midst of the western world's sexual revolution aided by ubiquitous prophylactic use and extremely efficient means with which to arrange dispassionate casual sex to feed human sexual need

tl;dr >>>/r9k/
>>
natures way to make us bond in order to reaise healthy and successfull offsprings

but i have a feeling you are just a little shit with a crush, which is glorified lust, also part of our reproduction mechanism
>>
File: Good Shepherd.jpg (93KB, 575x618px) Image search: [Google]
Good Shepherd.jpg
93KB, 575x618px
>>3216956
>>3216961
>they don't know about ἀγάπη
>>
>>3216956
>underage poltard

your parents clearly failed at the "healthy" part, you are an edgy retard, stop existing please
>>
>>3216956
New pasta?
>>
File: 33m4.jpg (61KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
33m4.jpg
61KB, 680x510px
“Where there was nature and earth, life and water, I saw a desert landscape that was unending, resembling some sort of crater, so devoid of reason and light and spirit that the mind could not grasp it on any sort of conscious level and if you came close the mind would reel backward, unable to take it in. It was a vision so clear and real and vital to me that in its purity it was almost abstract. This was what I could understand, this was how I lived my life, what I constructed my movement around, how I dealt with the tangible. This was the geography around which my reality revolved: it did not occur to me, ever, that people were good or that a man was capable of change or that the world could be a better place through one’s own taking pleasure in a feeling or a look or a gesture, of receiving another person’s love or kindness. Nothing was affirmative, the term “generosity of spirit” applied to nothing, was a cliche, was some kind of bad joke. Sex is mathematics. Individuality no longer an issue. What does intelligence signify? Define reason. Desire- meaningless. Intellect is not a cure. Justice is dead. Fear, recrimination, innocence, sympathy, guilt, waste, failure, grief, were things, emotions, that no one really felt anymore. Reflection is useless, the world is senseless. Evil is its only permanence. God is not alive. Love cannot be trusted. Surface, surface, surface, was all that anyone found meaning in…this was civilization as I saw it, colossal and jagged…”
-Brett Eston Ellis, "American Psycho"
>>
File: 1487460989745.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1487460989745.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>3216969
lol I despise /pol/ and I love my parents. foh with your pseud ass
>>
>>3216898
>>>/r9k/
>>
You sound like a highschooler. Please fuck off.
>>
>>3216956

Good genes are easy to come by in a mate. But love is something completely different, my friend. Are you familiar with Pablo Neruda?

"In the distance someone is singing. In the distance.

My soul is not satisfied that it has lost her.

My sight searches for her as if to go to her.
My heart looks for her, and she is not with me."

The call to mate, the feeling of attraction, is not true love. Love dominates the soul and leaves nothing behind. I feel bad for people like >>3216956 who have obviously never been in love with a woman and have it fall apart. There is greater sorrow in knowing the feeling you got from her, and knowing that you had her but could not keep her, than in any kind of physical suffering.
>>
>>3216972
I'm pretty sure I've seen it before on /tv/.
>>
>>3216974
This makes me sad every time.

Love you, bro.
>>
>>3216982
they dont love you though, and its clearly showing
>>
>>3216937
>those quotes
wew lad
>>
File: tumblr_mzk180HfOc1rcqnnxo1_250.gif (532KB, 250x192px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mzk180HfOc1rcqnnxo1_250.gif
532KB, 250x192px
>>3217004
dude you are super, super gay. I've definitely been in love and had my heart destroyed. I loved this person so much I let them beat the shit out of me and drunkenly molest me on numerous occassions because I convinced myself that it was nothing in the eye of my love for that person. spare me your poetic trash and seriously, grow up. I blamed myself for it ending for a long time before I realized it wasn't healthy and I pieced myself back together.

look, I hate making assumptions but you honestly sound pretty young and like you've possibly just been through your first serious relationship. I'd normally just let my troll speak for itself, but I'm returning to school to be a teacher so I'm gonna try and use this opportunity to teach you something. love is a permanent gift that we give to people. we don't get to choose what they do with it, we can't count on the gift ever being returned with another, and there's no way of knowing what the love we give to people is worth to the people we give it to. but we give it. and when it's gone, it's gone. it can feel like a hole inside your heart, it can make you feel hollow and like you've, perhaps, lost a bit of innocence. but the worst thing you can ever do is try and fill that hole. it'll be there forever. the best solution I've found is just keep giving your love away. not just to "the one" or even just to people you like, but to everyone. to the impatient asshole customer at your job, to your jealous spiteful coworker, to the careless driver impatiently trying to pass you on the road, to your estranged father, to the moth that got stuck in your house. just keep giving all the damn love you've got away, and eventually your heart will grow so large, the giant hole you used to have will be pin-sized. it just takes time, so be patient.

now gtfo and go pick some flowers and put em in your hair you faggot
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.