[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the plague

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: download.png (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
57KB, 500x500px
If the plague came to europe from china, how come most europeans are largely immune to the plague, but china continues to have major outbreaks to this day? If the disease originated in china, wouldn't the chinese have more of a resistance to it?
Pic unrelated
>>
I'm blueskying here, but considering the more isolationist nature of china compared to europe, maybe china had less exposure to mutations of the plague so their resistance was only to specific strains.
>>
Does China still suffer from outbreaks from the plague even? Anyways in China and Europe the descrepencies in rates are due most likely to differences in vaccination not innate immunity.
>>
>>3211388
Vaccines.

Also, china doesn't have outbreaks of the plague constantly. If you mean general disease, again vaccines, but there hasn't been a major outbreak of Bubonic plague in Europe or Asia since at least the 17th century.
>>
Also keep in mind that China is fucking massive. It could actually afford to lose huge swathes of people because there were just so many more out there.
>>
>>3211406
I'm pretty sure that china has always been more populated than europe, though.
>>3211418
>>3211416
Wait, we get vaccinated for the plague?
>>
>>3211422
>I'm pretty sure that china has always been more populated than europe, though.
Yeah but less diverse and not as many people going in and out of the country, is what I was going for.
>>
Plague is transmitted by fleas.

Not too many flea-ridden humans in Europe. The mass immigration might change that, though.
>>
>>3211429
This is actually pretty inaccurate.
The port cities of the South-East were quite multicultural, in the modern sense of the term, with Arabs and I think Indians too, as well as the Sogdians who controlled overland trade during the Tang
>>
>>3211422
Not normally, but if someone was to catch the plague, they would be vaccinated, thus saving them, and herd immunity does the rest
>>
>>3211465
>if someone is infected with the plague, they would be vaccinated
Wouldn't the solution be to just give you antibiotics? How does being vaccinated help if you're already infected?
>>
>>3211471
Idk, im not a scientist, all ive ever heard is that the plague is solved by vaccines, and you get it some point after catching
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.