[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you explain this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: El_suplicio_de_Cuauhtémoc.jpg (1MB, 1658x1080px) Image search: [Google]
El_suplicio_de_Cuauhtémoc.jpg
1MB, 1658x1080px
Cortes was plagued with nightmares after the execution of Cuatemoc. But why would this event have this effect on cortes, I mean after all the battles, blood, sacrifices everything he saw why would this grief him?
was it some kind of remorse?
>>
File: burgs.gif (858KB, 378x738px) Image search: [Google]
burgs.gif
858KB, 378x738px
Every post deserves a reply..
>>
>>3211246
Now I will have the nightmares
>>
Wow Cortes was a fucking faggot
>>
Bernal Diaz del Castillo described him in the following way: "very gentle disposition, both body and factions, and the face somewhat long and cheerful and the eyes more seemed that when I looked Which were serious and flattering, and there was no lack in them ... and the color was more white than the color and hue of these brown Indians. "

The last Mexica emperor was brought into the presence of Cortes, who embraced him and offered him a seat. There, putting his hand on the dagger that the conqueror wore on his belt, he said: "Take this dagger and kill me with it"
>>
File: CUAUHTEMOC-6.jpg (49KB, 400x283px) Image search: [Google]
CUAUHTEMOC-6.jpg
49KB, 400x283px
On the approval of Cortes, they tortured Cuauhtemoc and Tetlepanquetzal, lord of Tlacopan, burning their hands and feet to reveal the place where their treasures were. When complaining Tetlepanquetzal, Cuauhtemoc said to him: "I am in a delight or a bath?"
>>
File: cua.jpg (33KB, 517x725px)
cua.jpg
33KB, 517x725px
It seems he was killed for no reason and even the spanish felt that:
"Truly I had great pity for Guatemuz and his cousin, for having known them so great lords, and even they made me honor in the way in things that were offered to me, especially to give me some Indians to bring yerba for my horse. It was this death that they gave them very unjustly, and it seemed evil to all of us who were going. "

Bernal Díaz (Historia verdadera de la conquista de Nueva España)
>>
>>3211246
bugs.... enough with the carrots already.
>>
>>3211176
>someone gets a nightmare while sleeping in hot weather with no AC

Jeez, what could possibly have caused this?
>>
>>3211176
Well, perhaps even the butcher Cortes realized that torturing a man in order to steal his wealth, then killing him, is not a morally upstanding course of action.
>>
File: 1501250229148.jpg (191KB, 500x677px)
1501250229148.jpg
191KB, 500x677px
>>3211176 (OP)
>>3213640
>>3211285
>Quauhtemoctzin and all his officers, complained to Cortes that many of our officers and soldiers had carried off their wives and daughters, whom they begged might now be restored to them. Cortes then gave them permission to go in search of the females they spoke of, and to bring those they found into his presence, that he might see how many of them had become converts to Christianity, as he would restore all those to them who felt inclined to leave. Cortes then issued orders to all three divisions to deliver up all those females who felt any inclination to return to their families. The Mexicans did not fail to profit by this permission; they went from one quarter to another, and found most of the women again; but there were only three that showed any desire to return to their homes; the rest all remained with our soldiers. Many even concealed themselves on hearing that their relations were coming in search of them; others declared they would never again return to the worship of idols; and many of them were with child.
- The True History of the Conquest of New Spain by Bernal Diaz del Castillo, Chapter CLVII

Both Díaz and Cortés are trying to justify their actions, they can't hide the fact (Cortés was indicted for his actions and wasn't allowed to return to New Spain, although in reality the Spanish king was worried he would become too strong and independant being an ocean away from Spanish supervision) nor simply act indifferently since the action is condemned both in Christianity and Roman law. Cuauhtemoc was still king of the Aztecs and married to the daughter to the previous king, Moctezuma, who according to the Spanish swore allegiance to the Spanish king ("hence he didn't fight against them").
Guess who ended up having a child with the daughter of Moctezuma, and therefore having a direct and legitimate claim to the Aztec throne.

There is no moral nor honor in this, this is how politics and conquest work.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.