[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Mexico right to get rid of him?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Porfirio_diaz.jpg (610KB, 1260x1661px) Image search: [Google]
Porfirio_diaz.jpg
610KB, 1260x1661px
Was Mexico right to get rid of him?
>>
With a stache like that? Of course not
>>
File: SWSTK III.png (68KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
SWSTK III.png
68KB, 1500x1500px
>>3210344

YES, BUT WHAT CAME AFTER WAS NO BETTER.

MEXICO WAS BORN IN THE YEAR EIGHTEEN HUNDRED TWENTYONE, WHEN AGUSTÍN DE ITURBIDE CONSUMMATED INDEPENDENCE, ESTABLISHING THE MEXICAN EMPIRE; MEXICO DIED IN THE YEAR NINETEEN HUNDRED TWENTYTHREE, WHEN ÁLVARO OBREGÓN RATIFIED THE "TREATIES OF BUCARELI", RELINQUISHING THE NATION TO A CONDITION OF VIRTUAL SLAVERY.

IN THE YEAR TWOTHOUSAND EIGHTEEN, MEXICO WILL BE REBORN, WHEN ANDRÉS MANUEL LÓPEZ OBRADOR RISES TO NATIONAL LEADERSHIP, INITIATING THE REGENERATION OF THE NATION.

A V E · O B R A D O R
>>
He was excessively brutal no doubt, but he was what Mexico needed. He ended the incessant warfare, stabilized, and then improved the economy, and brought prestige to Mexico.

In the end, all countries at some point either inherited the benefits of, or went through, an especially brutal and repressive beginning on the road to development. Countries that have passed such points no longer need, and can afford, to have leaders that put the well being of the people, rather than Nation, first, but Mexico was not there yet then, and I believe even now. Had the Diaz dictatorship lasted longer, Mexico might have become stable and prosperous enough to transition into a real democracy, but the violent revolution against the dictatorship destroyed most of the progress it made, and the successive governments have provided as many liberties to the people as they can at the expense of peace and prosperity.

Perhaps I'm wrong. I would love to hear an opposing argument, but this is how I see it.
>>
>>3210771
pretty much how I see it
>>
>>3210344
I don't know but several thousand volunteers from my city went and fought for him in exchange for pay and land for those who chose to remain. A building called "Meksiko" is named after them, it's a couple of minutes ride down the road.
>>
>>3210771
>Had the Diaz dictatorship lasted longer
it lasted almost 40 years sperg
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.