[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>An Ethiopian's head and female head, with a kalos inscription.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1287.jpg (3MB, 1850x2300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1287.jpg
3MB, 1850x2300px
>An Ethiopian's head and female head, with a kalos inscription. an Attic Greek janiform red-figure aryballos, ca. 520–510 BC.
>>
File: morixeddu.jpg (83KB, 283x847px) Image search: [Google]
morixeddu.jpg
83KB, 283x847px
>>3209367
black man's head from Sardinia, 500 bc
>>
>>3209367
While there are Ethiopians who look like that, I doubt that woman was an actual Ethiopian, unless Ethiopians were significantly "blacker" back then. Thanks to being FARMER'D, most but not all Ethiopians look like a combination of both women. Didn't the Greeks call all black people Ethiopian?
>>
>>3209367
>the notion of race was invented by 18th century europea-
>>
>>3209367
Ironically, Caucasoid gene flow into the Ethiopian gene pool occurred predominantly through males. Conversely, the Niger–Congo contribution to the Ethiopian population occurred mainly through females.[25]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_of_Ethiopia#Maternal_lineages
>>
>>3210380
Shouldn't surprise anyone, neolithic farmers BLEACHED the hell out of the negroids. Too bad they didn't pursue their BLEACHING further down in Africa.
>>
>>3209367
Right is clearly a Nordic woman. Apologize to Nordicists right now, /his/
>>
File: Ancient Regions of Africa.png (45KB, 973x1154px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient Regions of Africa.png
45KB, 973x1154px
>>3210353
To the Greeks, Africa might have very roughly looked like this.
>>
>>3210380
This has been proven wrong
>>
>>3210408
Macrobia is further north and east.
>>
>>3210404
They sure as hell BLEACHED Europeans though.
>>
>>3210534
Well you gonna post a source.
>>
>>3210378
This is impressively pathetic. No one has the said the notion of people from different places looking different was a european invention and the fact that you imply that proves your retarded.
>>
>>3209367
Ethiopia and Abyssinia basically referred to Africa South of the southern most cataract in Egypt. By the time that bust was made the Semitic kingdom of D'mt had been established. Before that the area was probably inhabited exclusively by Nilotes and Cushitic speakers.
>>
It's a shame how such a beautiful island is now being bidden on between scummy proxies and mercantilists.
https://youtu.be/93EAl-NAiF8
>>
>>3210408
I'd say nobody really knew what was in between Gabon and Cape Corrientes. Agisymba was also a big region north of lake Chad, and imo Macrobia was probably closer to the Ubangi River area. Azania should probably start around Mogadishu, if not Pate.
>>
W E
U
Z
>>
File: 1501775743903.jpg (25KB, 524x347px) Image search: [Google]
1501775743903.jpg
25KB, 524x347px
>>3209367
That's a really ugly "Ethiopian". I know there are a few people who look like that in real life, but sometime tells me that the features were exaggerated. Even the Egyptians, who hated Nubians, wouldn't do that.
>>
>>3211063
http://journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1004393
>>
>>3211507
>but sometime tells me that the features were exaggerated
Yeah, kind of like how anti-Asian propaganda exaggerates the the slantiness of their eyes and whatnot.
>>
>>3211507
Well, Ethiopian was just what Greeks called Black people. It literally just means burnt face, i.e. Black skinned. Ethiopians would have been more readily available from southern Egypt, where there are black Nubians so that's why we call modern Ethiopia Ethiopia.
This vase actually looks like a Black Person from the west, with very prominent lips and a protruding muzzle.
It could be caricatured, though. Also, that Ethiopian's head is most likely a Woman and not a man.
This piece was probably a curio that showed the variety of people in the world
>>
File: 641.jpg (17KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
641.jpg
17KB, 413x395px
>>3209367
It is basically blackface of that time
>>
I just realized that 2000 years ago there was a bigger difference between the blackest and the light brownest Ethiopians because of regression towards the mean.
>>
File: 1494896866555.png (312KB, 389x386px) Image search: [Google]
1494896866555.png
312KB, 389x386px
>>3214054
Bigger, but those genetic lineages were already 10s of thousands years old by then. The woman on the right is a Greek. The jug's purpose was to show the difference between a Greek woman and a Black one.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.