[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ancient wisdom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1447925032496.gif (2MB, 370x319px) Image search: [Google]
1447925032496.gif
2MB, 370x319px
Don't let a woman, wiggling her behind,
and flaterring and coaxing, take you in;
she wants your barn: women is just a cheat.

- Hesiod, ~700 BC

What did Hesiod mean by this?
>>
He was a bitter virgin and would shitpost on /r9k/ if he was alive today.
>>
>>3208885
t. woman
>>
>>3208878
He's saying to beware of gold diggers.
>>
>>3208885
t. Homer

Still salty as fuck because you lost that singing competition against my boi Hesiod
>>
>>3208878
>mfw he claimed originally the world was a perfect society of all men, and then the punishment for Prometheus stealing fire was the creation of women.
>>
>>3208885
Spotted the roastie
>>
This thread has potential
>>
Hoes not Hoes
>>
Why oh why OH WHY WHY WHY did we let women think they are people?
>>
>>3208885
>>3209649
I mean... Hesiod is a lad but he is pretty unabashedly misogynistic. Read the Theogony, in particular the part about Pandora. You'll see.

Ovid was the true lad.
>>
I like Homer's approach more.

You have two kind of women the thot Helen, and Andromache the faithful waifu who will do anything for her husband and children.

The contrast is clear one is a whore that acts only out of selfishness and later even regrets her actions. The other is the woman who through no fault of her own finds herself despondent having lost her husband (and later her children). One is the target of hatred, the other is the target of pity.

There is also a third type introduced by Aeschylus and Euripides, which are Medea and Clytemnestra. These are the kind of women who you do not cross over as they will go psycho on you like a crazy ex girlfriend.
>>
>>
>>3212237
don't forget about the nymph mmm
>>
File: Cato the censor.jpg (338KB, 787x1088px) Image search: [Google]
Cato the censor.jpg
338KB, 787x1088px
>Call to mind all the regulations respecting women by which our ancestors curbed their licence and made them obedient to their husbands, and yet in spite of all those restrictions you can scarcely hold them in. If you allow them to pull away these restraints and wrench them out one after another, and finally put themselves on an equality with their husbands, do you imagine that you will be able to tolerate them? From the moment that they become your fellows they will become your masters
>>
the victorian view of woman was such a fuckup. the baseless assumption that women are innocent, sweet, loyal and chaste out of their own nature is pure delusion.
>>
>>3212272

the humanistic philosophical view made people in general less willing to rein their shit in.

honestly women were set to ruin when men started to doubt what a good man who deserves a good woman needs to be like.
>>
>>3212205
Well, tehcnically while he tells his brother that women are nothing but hoes and tricks, he also tells him the kind of wife he should get and how to identify a good woman. While he shits on women regarding the Pandora story, is more of the way that women as a whole (good or bad) fuck men, and how men can't really live without said pain in the balls.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.