[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The reason why Vikings never established permanent settlements

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: Hector.(Fire.Emblem).full.494482.jpg (431KB, 1345x927px) Image search: [Google]
Hector.(Fire.Emblem).full.494482.jpg
431KB, 1345x927px
The reason why Vikings never established permanent settlements in America.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgGRsBOj-y8
>>
punk > metal
deal with it
>>
snowniggers should have taken horses
>>
no matter how good you're equipement or training is, if you get a surprise attack and find yourself outnumbered you'll probably gonna lose
>>
File: image.png (69KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
69KB, 499x499px
>>3208210
rap > all other music, deal with it mr.hateslyrics
>>
>>3208194
Half a hear in the high sea in a small boat to get there, half a year to get back.
>>
>>3208210
>>3208362
Punk, metal and rap is all nigger music. European folk or fuck off.
>>
File: Gulf-Stream.gif (144KB, 600x348px) Image search: [Google]
Gulf-Stream.gif
144KB, 600x348px
>>3208194
The Gulf Stream is a freeway straight from Spain & Portugal to the Caribbean and back.

Compare to the currents up north.
>>
>>3208194
They were dumb.
Not only they didn't establish anything they also kept it like a secret/forgot about it to the point people centuries later still didn't know about it.
>>
>>3208194
Actually the had a permanent settlement for several decades.
>>
>>3208691
>Compare to the currents up north.
Vikings went to america via the Iceland/Greenland/Newfoundland route, and then back with the gulf stream, apparently that worked well enough for them.
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 1280x720px
>>3208387
t. brain too simple to appreciate complex rhymeschemes and needs to listen to wordless/simple music
>>
>>3208387
>not folk metal
>>
>>3209918
>metal of any sort
>>
>>3209918
>not Mongolian folk metal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icPhDK3PTqc
>>
They feared the Skraeling warrior
>>
The Pilgrims in Massachusetts made it pretty fucking clear that trying to colonize anything north of Virginia was a bad idea.
>>
>>3210605
Eurofag here. Is it true the Indians tries to cannibalize the Pilgrims?
>>
>>3209062
Like rap is "complicated"

>I just wanna Rolly Rolly Rolly with a dab of ranch I already got some designer to hold up my pants I just want some ice on my wrist so I look better when I dance Have you lookin' at it, put you in a trance
I just wanna Rolly Rolly Rolly with a dab of ranch I already got some designer to hold up my pants I just want some ice on my wrist so I look better when I dance
Have you lookin' at it, put you in a trance

Rhyming dance with trance twice. gg
>>
>>3208194
They were weak.
>>
>>3208896
Permanent as in long enough to make a historical impact.
>>
>>3211984
Scientific consensus is that a climate change to colder temperatures changed living conditions on Greenland and ended the Viking colony there.
>>
File: 1488056784044.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1488056784044.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
>>3209062
>he need subtitles for music
>>
Vikings were literally bandits who were looking for gold and women to rape

Would such a group of criminally minded individuals even have the bare IQ to establish a colony with long term, not short term goals?

Only reason they settled Iceland was because it was a nice place to rape Irish women behind their wives backs
>>
>>3212155
Why do people bash nords?
>>
>>3208194
The fuck could they do in Vinland anyway, raping some indians and pillaging their tiny ass villages without anything even modestly resembling an advanced civilization in the nearby area, yeah of course that doesn't look as a feasible prospect to me either
>>
Am I the only one who thought "wow, Jason Unruhe switched his LARPing" at first?
>>
>>3212253
Sounds comfy senpai
>>
>>3211866
No, but they didn't like them right on their coast.
>>
>>3208210
>Strapped shield
>Horned helmet
disgusting
>>
>>3212253
Export timber. Literally what they did in vinland.
>>
>>3212155
hearty laugh
>>
>>3212253
Viking is not a raider exclusively. It is a broad term which includes all people who traveled. Most of them were not raiders, they were farmers looking for better land and climate.
>>
>>3208695
But they didn't, Adam of Bremen knew about it, but people thought it was just some cold islands with a few heathens
>>
>>3212599
Yeah, no. You not gonna cross the North Atlantic in an open sailing boat just to get some timber.
>>
>>3212176
Autists usually, just go to Dublin or any other place that had a lot of Viking activity, it's all »we wuz vikangz»
>>
>>3215106
woah that's even worse
>>
>>3212599
They never even got there in the first place, it's well known you couldn't even sail from Sicily to Sardinia so trans-Atlantic is fanciful
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.