[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On Baptist Successionism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

File: The Trail of Bull.jpg (2MB, 4656x1500px) Image search: [Google]
The Trail of Bull.jpg
2MB, 4656x1500px
>>
>>3207124

What do you expect, OP? Protestantism is all about taking the Bible and making up your own
retarded religion around it. All the Protestants on this board accuse the Catholics of "fan-faction" yet
they do shit like this. Dumb hypocrites, they all are.
>>
>We wuz ancient and medieval heretics
>>
File: i am the antipope.jpg (12KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
i am the antipope.jpg
12KB, 300x400px
>>3207124
Why did the Protestant Reformation only effect the (Western) Catholic Church?
>>
>>3208816
I can't say for certain, but I'd guess it has to do with:

1) The Orthodox Church is less centralized; decision making is basically done by committees of "local" autocephalous (self-governing) churches, while major doctrinal issues are also decided through synods with representatives of the various autocephalous churches. The Russian Orthodox Church even has so many bishops that they built their own parliament-style chamber for their annual meetings (pic related).

2) The Orthodox Church, unlike the Roman Catholic Church, evolved much of its attitudes about governance while still part of the Eastern Roman Empire, and later in the Russian Empire; as a result, the Orthodox Church had a much greater respect for the temporal authority of the monarch (so there was no reason for a Church of England-type schism).
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.