[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who are the most famous and influential diplomats throughout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: diplomats.jpg (92KB, 1895x389px) Image search: [Google]
diplomats.jpg
92KB, 1895x389px
Who are the most famous and influential diplomats throughout history?

I nominate Klemens von Metternich and Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-PĂ©rigord, the two unrivaled masters of getting bribed to do what you would've done anyways.
>>
>>3205908
Cavour is also good.
>>
molotov
>>
Bismarck
Stresemann
>>
>>3206136
>Stresemann

A pacifist that led three failed liberal governments, and then had the fascists take over and go to total war?
What was he successful in exactly?
>>
>>3206148
Forming a decent government for Germany
Trade agreement with the US
Normalizing relations with other countries
>>
>>3206166
He was just very vocal about Germany no longer having her own ambitions and foreign politics for 10 years, then had his all life's work undone in months by Hitler.
>>
I notice a lot of the people suggested are from a small period of time.
Are there no great contemporary or more medieval/ancient diplomats?
>>
Ribbentrop is definitely one of the most famous.
>>
Hillary Clinton
>>
>>3207942
Other than negotiating with Italy and USSR, and arguably in both case the other party getting the better deal, what did he achieve?
>>
>>3205908
rip Hapsburgs.
/r/ing the scene from Third Man when Anna's landlady is ranting in German at the international police as they ransack Anna's apartment and says something about how von Metternich used to live in that building.
Austrian sovereignty sure fell hard.
>>
>>3208058
Not much. What I meant was that he was famous because of how terrible he was.
>>
>>3205908
>Shirley Temple

Huh?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.