[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/his/ related games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 45

File: 16507.jpg (351KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
16507.jpg
351KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>3200538
No Reza...
>>
How /his/ is rome 2 total war? I know some aspects are not historically accurate, but which game is 100% historically accurate? I think it was done to balance the game a bit (for example, phalanx formations)
>>
File: ultimate_general_civil_war.jpg (739KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ultimate_general_civil_war.jpg
739KB, 1920x1080px
UG:CV is surprisingly good.
>>
>>3200695
>renaming your brigades.
>>
File: ugcv.jpg (756KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ugcv.jpg
756KB, 1920x1080px
>>3200705
>having your brigades named after officers, who die and get wounded all the time, so you have no easy way to identify the unit
Actually, I should have included some mnemonic for the weapons they're armed with.
>>
>>3200538
EU4 with M&T2 is such a good time all around. I actually had to send my pc away, because my lack of self control made me waste WAY too much on it.
>>
>>3200538
Victoria 2 HPM
>>
File: attila_cover.jpg (164KB, 1600x929px) Image search: [Google]
attila_cover.jpg
164KB, 1600x929px
The best
>>
>>3200538
Best /his/ game coming through
>>
>>3200776
it gets boring when you kill off atilla
other than that
it's bretty gud
>>
>>3200756
>eu4
back to >>>/r/paradoxplaza
>>
>>3200826
>guy mentions a massive overhaul mod
>>
>>3200817
Vozhd Savinkov did nothing wrong
>>
File: War in the East.jpg (430KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
War in the East.jpg
430KB, 1024x576px
>>3200538
>Any game by John Tiller
>Gary Grigsby's War in the East
>Gary Grigsby's War in the West (now on steam)
>Rule The Waves
>Scourge of War
>Decisive Campaigns
>Civil War II
>Alea Jacta Est
>Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game
>Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad
>Red Orchestra 2: Rising Storm
>Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

Did I miss anything?
>>
File: ss_b_51.jpg (163KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ss_b_51.jpg
163KB, 800x600px
>>
>>3200983
>NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED
>NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED
>NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED
>NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED
>NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED
>>
>>3200983
This one of the all time favourites. Nothing beats old Microsoft RTS games. One time i saw some supposed leaked screenshots for Rise of Nations 2 on /v/. Too bad we will never see such great games again.
Also to recommend Knights of Honor, kind of like Medieval 2, only isometric and with some cool different features. Try Ultimate mod or Dusk of Glory with it.
>>
>>3200612
Check out Europa Barbarorum II mod for Medieval Total war 2. It is historically accurate and PACKED with history.
>>
>>3200538
>Louisiana is not Andalouisiana
See me after class
>>
>>3200994
>Microsoft RTS games
Such as? Don't you dare say AoE which wasn't made by Micrococks.
>>
>>3200776
I don't like how each new TW game gets progressively easier, simplified and dumbed down. Warhammer was a huge disappointment, and makes me worry for the next historical release.
>>
File: 1448693_600.jpg (53KB, 553x369px) Image search: [Google]
1448693_600.jpg
53KB, 553x369px
>>3200538

>dat Louisiana
>>
>>3201543
it was published by them.
>>
>>3200776
Sure, Rome Total War wasn't very historically accurate whatsoever, but Attila is dogshit compared to it
>>
>>3201681
no it isn't.
>actual migration mechanics, working AI and diplomacy.
>weather actually changes how your empires run and a religious system that isn't binary.
>naval combat and the ability to sack and vassalize enemies.
>>
Shogun 2: Total War has a great little appendix for finding out all sorts of autistic shit the Japanese did.

I like the Fall of the Samurai and the Boshin War pack, just so I can gun down weebs in their thousands in my quest for SHOGUNATE DOMINANCE

Also the Boshin War is probably not a period of Japan that's well-known at all outside of Japan; nor the role that the West played in supporting both the Shogunate and the Imperial forces.
>>
>>3201710
>Fall of the Samurai pack, set at the end of the Boshin War
>>
>>3201648
>[wealth sharing intensifies]
>>
>>3201662
Published =/= made. The best AoE games were 1 and 2, then Microsoft purchased Ensemble in 2001 and every game they released since then was shit.
>>
File: RS2 Macedon.png (1MB, 1000x576px) Image search: [Google]
RS2 Macedon.png
1MB, 1000x576px
Anyone remember Roma Surrectum II? It was a really autistic mod for the original Rome Total War. Really well done, lots of research in the game's encyclopedia articles, which I would often get lost reading, better graphics, long battles, etc. It really is probably my favorite TW gaming experience. It doesn't quite measure up to the new games just because of all the new mechanics and graphics, but I really prefer the gameplay itself because it felt more like you were really (in my campaign) carving out a big Macedonian Kingdom over the course of decades, because of how long it took to do, and how hard it was to maintain armies. It took me like 100 turns to conquer all of Greece and make my way over to start taking on Pergamum.

Haven't played it since I got my new computer, because I had a lot of trouble getting the most recent patch to work.
>>
File: late_roman_empire_threads.png (63KB, 687x716px) Image search: [Google]
late_roman_empire_threads.png
63KB, 687x716px
>>3200776
Best setting.

Any big Kaiserreich fans in the house?
>>
>>3200983
>Late game
>Play as China
>Pump out hordes of citizens
>Convert to militia
>Into the breach
>Make more citizens to replace your massive losses
>>
Are there any worthwhile historical games that aren't strategy and/or military?
>>
>>3201710
>buy Fall of the Samurai just to gun down weebs
>go back to base game
>play as the Shimazu clan because swords
>bored
>play as the ninja clan
>have four ninjas spamming shit on armies for years, keeping them halted through the winter, assassinating everyone and chipping away the soldiers
That was fun for a bit, also the ninja clan didn't exist and it was just one guy who was a ninja.
>>
>>3202593
There're several economic strategies set in historical contexts, like Port Royal, Patrician, Anno.
Expeditions: Conquistador is a tactical RPG set during the Spanish conquest of Mexico in the 16th century. The same company has recently released Expeditions: Vikings.
The Guild is combination of economic strategy, RPG and political simulator set in a medieval town.

I personally really hope Josh Sawey, the lead designer of Fallout: New Vegas and Pillars Of Eternity, gets a chance to make a historical RPG set in the medieval Germany, something he's been talking about for years.
>>
>>3202627

I hadn't heard about that from Sawyer. That sounds like it would be my absolute favorite game. Medieval Germany is my favorite historical period, F:NV and Sawyer in general is one of my favorite developers. Okay I need this now.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
10KB, 300x168px
>>
File: 1000percentlegitninjitsu.jpg (63KB, 333x499px) Image search: [Google]
1000percentlegitninjitsu.jpg
63KB, 333x499px
>>3202617
>That was fun for a bit, also the ninja clan didn't exist and it was just one guy who was a ninja.

Thats what I'd expect a ninja to say. I'm on to your ruse cruise, anon....or should I say, HATTORI HANZO??
>>
>>3202636
He talks about it occasionally in his blog (https://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/162447485416/how-would-your-potential-15-16th-century-europe ) and in interviews, but it doesn't look like the idea was greenlighted yet. Maybe in 2-3 years, if PoE 2 is successful.
>>
>>3202593
Buzz Aldrin's Space Agency, haven't played it myself but reviews are positive
Kingdom Come Deliverance is suppose to come one day. RPG set in a medieval period, I'm pretty sure it just emulates the period and not an actual historical event.

Impression Games city building series (Zeus, Pharaoh, Caesar, Emperor) is pretty good too.

While you're not looking for military, there's stuff like Silent Service, B-52, F117A Nighthawk for simulation.

There's (very loosely in the sense of historical) Tropico which simulates some minor banana republic you control and grow.

Still would like to see a simulator/management game based around controlling a volatile minor power like N. Korea and have you juggle world politics while growing yourself to a respectable position in the world economically.
>>
Stormfags and /pol/fags (and now /gsg/faggots always spouting white and based, blobbing germany and wanting to kill Israel at autistic simulators. fuck you) are the best example of subhumans in human society today. You have stunningly low intelligence. You are all psychopaths and sociopaths. You are so susceptible to confirmation bias and delusion that when someone insults you as an individual for being mind-blowingly stupid, all you can think of is your epic jew memes and spout MUH GOY.

Rest assured that if 100% of you were not busy confined to a basement somewhere masturbating to cartoons, society would not tolerate your existence. Now get moving on dying in your 40s of heart disease you worthless sack of subhuman shit.
>>
File: Hitler looking dismissively.jpg (94KB, 481x593px) Image search: [Google]
Hitler looking dismissively.jpg
94KB, 481x593px
>>3203586
>>
>>3202662
This is my head canon for the Sengoku Period.
>>
>>3203586
t. kike
>>
>>3203586
w&b
>>
No Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars?

I hate this subreddit now.
>>
File: fuji torpedo.png (64KB, 1303x1003px) Image search: [Google]
fuji torpedo.png
64KB, 1303x1003px
RtW
>>
>>3200538
Posting this purely because I have the opportunity with this thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyVh00baK8E
>>
File: sweet-jesus.gif (1MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
sweet-jesus.gif
1MB, 400x224px
>>3204185
>Philippine Norway
>>
File: Pike and Shot.jpg (484KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Pike and Shot.jpg
484KB, 1920x1080px
The only game I've ever played that does my favorite historical period of warfare justice happily is also one of the better strategy games in recent times.
>>
>>3200910
Graviteam
>>
>>3201641
Attila is probably one of the hardest total war games though
>>
>>3201641
>>3205045
Total Warhammer is oddly challenging playing as the Empire while ridiculously easy to play as the vampires.
The Empire is like if you were the HRE but only controlled Bavaria and had to annex all German states before you get invaded from literally every direction.
Chaos is only hard to play as because the tribes are fucking broken.
>>
>>3200612
No ancient Total War games are really accurate. The way troops do not cause damage when retreating through other units is what makes it unable to simulate the dynamics of an ancient battle.

It's still fun with Divide et Impera though
>>
File: munstermap.jpg (450KB, 724x550px) Image search: [Google]
munstermap.jpg
450KB, 724x550px
Are there any good colonialism centered games? Really interested on this part of history. Been playing Civilization 4: Colonization. Any recommendations?
>>
>>3207014
Europa Universalis 4, man.
Don't be scared off by >muh autism

If you can handle Civ then you can absolutely handle EU4. The start of the game isn't really colony based and you can play it without doing colonies at all, but for a majority of the game the new world is there to be explored and colonised.
Trade goods, slaves, native policies, colonial nations, colonial wars, the lot.

You can also randomise the new world while keeping Europe the same to mix it up a little.
>>
>>3207172
>Play Random New World
>Always get 2000 shitty little islands
I wish there was a proper option to always get 2 large continents
>>
>>3207187
There's probably a mod or something to do that
>>
>>3207014
empire total war
>>
>>3207172
I mean more like being an commune instead of the mother nation. Building, exploring and trading with natives.
I somehow like EU3 with Meiou more than 4. Any good mods for Civ 4 or EU3?
>>
>>3207228
There's a mod about the Byzantines fleeing Constantinople and building a new empire in North America and pseudo-Sparta in Mexico in EU4
>>
>>3202495
hello
>>
>>3202495
Long live the Pacific States of America.
>>
>>3200776
Is it optimized properly yet?
>>
>>3200538
> Fucking Oregon Trail
> Dynasty Warriors series actually taught me a lot about the warring states in China which was only mentioned in high school level world history.
> Total War series
> Age of Empires
> Fucking Call of Duty
>>
File: Broken_Crescent.jpg (41KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Broken_Crescent.jpg
41KB, 480x360px
Name a better Total War mod; pro tip, you can't.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (357KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
357KB, 1920x1080px
>No Wargame Red Dragon
Come on lads the cold war is some comfy /his/
>>
File: Westbank_pepe.png (463KB, 716x647px) Image search: [Google]
Westbank_pepe.png
463KB, 716x647px
>>3209108
Oy vey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ija6httO7KY
>>
>>3203586
If this isn't pasta, it is now >:).
>>
>>3203586
based
>>
>>3209103
Third Age or Fall of the Eagles.
>>
>>3209201
*Historical
And FOTE was never finished and unbalanced from what I hear.
>>
>>3209103

Stainless steel
Call of Warhammer
Battle for the middle Earth
>>
>>3202495

Me.

Now, im recreating the Spanish Empire with Carlists.
>>
>>3209027
Nope
>>
>>3209224
Look I love SS as much as the next guy but its laughably easy. The hyper fast Religious Conversion and Recruitment system makes for easy conquest and immeditately moving up, whereas BC is much slower paced. BC also has special mod made Cutscenes, historical music from the time period and a much more sophisticated recruitment system.
>>
>>3203586

How can someone have low intelligence and be a psychopath at the same time?
>>
>>3201008

EUII its undone and broken at this time.
>>
>>3209248
Why would you need high intelligence to be emotionally impaired?
>>
>>3209289

Psychos tend to be smart. Or at least above average.
>>
>>3209311
http://www.biorxiv.org/content/early/2017/01/17/100693.1

Doesn't seem that way, actually.
>>
wish I had time to play the fuck out of these games, medieval tw2, ck2 and eu3 were so comfy
>>
>>3209311

Not true at all, the smart psychos do very well for themselves but most psychos lack the intelligence to stay out of jail and generally lead pitiful lives.
>>
>>3209332

>meta-analysis

Next time you are going to tell me the Holohoax was real
>>
>>3203586
Tell you what, I don't say this often, I truly don't, but this is THE single most WHITE and most BASED post I've ever seen, ever. You talk about whiteness, just fucking take a look. You talk about basedness, check it, re-check it, then check it a third time. You will not find a more white, nor based post in this entire thread, I guarantee. Look how many posts we have left, it doesn't fucking matter, no post could be as white and based as this. And I don't just mean this thread, I mean ever, not in "muh 4chin" or "le reddit", not on the internet, I mean in the entite history of civilised and uncivilised humanity. No one has ever uttered a sentiment that perfectly epitomises whiteness and basedness quite like this post right here. I realise how modest and humble the poster of such a white and based post must be, but please, try not to be too restrained, you should let the entire world know just what a white and based poster they have been blessed with, don't hide your white and basedness, let all the world know that you are here, you are white, and you are based. Let no man challenge the hegemony of your statement as no true God with any moral fortitude about him would destine this to be anything but the pinnacle of creation, the zenith of humanity, quite simply, the whitest and basedest event ever in the legacy of our species. I'm having this engraved on my tombstone as it couldn't be possible to achieve a more unequivocally accurate declaration than this. I thank you greatly for enlightening my day, nay, my life, with this revelation of sanctity. Never let it be said by anyone or anything that you are not the single whitest and basedest event horizen in civilisation, a figure our people and our history will surely look back on in our darkest moments and proclaim "This is it. This is when we got it right."
>>
>>3200910
Seriously this series of games is incredibly unfriendly to newcomers. I've pirated both WITE and WITP:AE and I can't get into them at all.
Atleast the AARs people write are top notch.
>>
>Get Steel Division: Normandy
>Steam forums is just a bunch of Wehraboos whining about getting BTFO by 17 pounders when they use Tiger IIs in retarded attacks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16gWRxv_aZY
>>
>>3200910
>>3209519
How can you even enjoy these excel spreadsheet games? it just shows you numbers.
>>
>>3209551
It's just me wanting something a bit more, Hearts of Iron 3/4 hasn't got the depth I want. Like I said though very difficult to get into.
>>
>>3201648
EVERY ONE A KING!
>>
File: 20161101215401_1.jpg (583KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161101215401_1.jpg
583KB, 1920x1080px
>>3200538
Red Orchestra 2
>>
File: close-combat-a-bridge-too-far_3.jpg (154KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
close-combat-a-bridge-too-far_3.jpg
154KB, 800x600px
>Operation Market Garden
>Fight on three sectors (Arnhem, Nijmegen, Son) either as allies or axis.
>psychological model. Soldiers can refuse orders if too much stress(near dead comrades, absence of leaders, no ammo etc)/suppressed. Likewise they can become berserk or heroic but that doesn't give them special powers they just yell and go out their way to assault a position until killed or success.
>Units don't have a health bar, weapons are modeled taking into consideration penetration values, weight, rate of fire etc
>Supply phase. You choose where and how (air- gets you more supplies but can only do it on one sector at the time, road- less supplies but can have multiple areas supplied) to send your supplies
>Lots of units to choose from. American, Polish and British paras, British armor and army inf., American army glider troops, SS, FJ, Heer troops.
>lots of weapons modeled. Most of the expected small arms, armored vehicles, tanks pz3 & 4, panther, jagdpanther, tiger 1 & 2, Jagdtiger, hetzer-flamethrower, firefly, sherman, crocodile and many more
>Amazing manual. Has a general story on WW2 from the beginning and of course market garden, sound library of voice cues and weapons and some videos of vehicles and weapons.
>>
>>3203915
good taste
>>
>>3200695
What's the full name? I'm not getting anything from the acronym.
>>
>>3210489
Nevermind, read the file name, will kms later.
>>
>>3209103
never played that one but my favorite is europa barbarorum
>>
>>
Random question, was anyone here a part of Iron Crescendo on Red Orchestra?
>>
>>3210511
Mine too but with Alex exe.

The guy who pioneered the conversion originally had two setups: one light with only the essential files to be able to play with the Alexander expansion executable and one extensive with his own unrecorded modifications.

Well turns out the light one disappeared from the internet and only remains his bastard mod. Luckly, I found the light version on a polish hosting site, this after days of looking for it.

I hate when modders bastardise the works of other more serious modders. I get he does us a favor but fuck it.

And EB1 has been taken over by some cuck that is changing lots of shit too! And he is not documenting either, meanwhile his later version has lots of errors and all these bastard versions are confusing as fuck.
>>
>>3210615
haven't played in a long time, had no idea about these issues
>>
>>3210556
This but also all of the AOE Games Work too
>>
>>3210645
But aoe 3 is shit
>>
>>3210094
its too hardcore for people
>>
>>3210615
can you upload the light version somewhere?
>>
>>3205064
This, the empire is a very fun run, the norsca are annoying as fuck but fighting off the greenskins, chaos hordes and vampires at the same time is hugely satisfying, also wiping out the norscan towns men, women and children was also very cathartic
>>
>>3202495
>constant baths
kek
>>
>>3212163
but the AI is absolute dogshit
>>
>>3207476
>not creating a liberal, free-market Chinese empire
>>
>>3210570
Reminder that Pavlovs House is the best map
>>
File: IMG_7662.jpg (159KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7662.jpg
159KB, 400x400px
Psssssh no one has mentioned Cod 3. The defense of mont ormel is the best fps mission in history.
>>
>>3207014
Imperialism 2
>>
Verdun is pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnou6szKDEc
>>
>>3209519
I have had WITPAE for 2 years and only played the Guadalcanal scenario. The thought of trying the full campaign hurts my head.
>>
>>3202924
>Still would like to see a simulator/management game based around controlling a volatile minor power like N. Korea and have you juggle world politics while growing yourself to a respectable position in the world economically
There's a hoi 4 mod that sets it in 2000 where you can play as dprk, but it's nowhere near a fleshed out management sim yet.
>>
>>3203915
Absolutely patrician
>>
>>3212377
I disagree. Close Combat 2's AI is one of the best AI I have encountered in an tactical wargame.

The others AI from CC3 all the way to Gateway to Caen though are total shit, but GtC saving grace is that it is well balanced and if you try the campaign Hemorrhage as Germans you're for a treat because you have a handful and then shit Battlegroups (like that lone squad of Panthers at the beginning or the FlaK company) and the brits have all the units, even the BG that represents XXX corps which has practically unlimited armor and men.
>>
>>3207014
Imperialism
>>
>>3200776

Cavalry impact and the way units form a big blob is consistently ahistorical in total war games. But other than that it is a pretty good simulator.

I wish though the size of armies is going to be bigger in future total war games.
>>
File: 1500427177918.png (76KB, 982x1274px) Image search: [Google]
1500427177918.png
76KB, 982x1274px
Are there any good historical RPGs?
>>
>>3214041
>Mount and blade
>Kingdom come (WIP)
Can't think of any more, it's always fantashit
>>
>>3214068
>Kingdom Come: Deliverance is an upcoming action role-playing video game in development by Warhorse Studios and to be co-published by Deep Silver. It is set in the medieval Kingdom of Bohemia, an Imperial State of the Holy Roman Empire, with a focus on historically accurate and realistic content.

>Kingdom Come: Deliverance will be a single-player experience with branching quest lines and a highly interactive world encouraging emergent gameplay. Kingdom Come will feature period-accurate armor and clothing, combat techniques, and real-world castles recreated with the assistance of architects and historians. The game will also contain period music recorded by Czech masters, taken note for note from medieval song books.

neat, I had no idea this game was in development, haven't heard a single peep about it. Will check it out when it launches.
>>
Is Hegemony III: Clash of the Ancients a good substitute for Rome II? I'd buy the latter, but I think that CA's DLC policy is AIDS
>>
>>3214188
looks pretty /his/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx0Rj7kUvnE
>>
File: Fallout New Vegas.jpg (105KB, 700x387px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout New Vegas.jpg
105KB, 700x387px
>>3214041
In a manner of speaking.
>>
File: header.jpg (36KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
36KB, 460x215px
>>3200538
No one posted Hearts of Iron 4, the fuck ?
>>
>>3214414
did they use riveted or butted mail
>>
>>3214498
Riveted most likely, but it was just a cheap replica to destroy.
>>
>>3214444
shit game
>>
>>3214444
See >>3204185
>>
File: 1499397562653.png (246KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499397562653.png
246KB, 480x480px
>>3214784
what makes you say that anon?
>>
File: play here.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
play here.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
>>3203915
There was a brief period where I joined a Napoleonic Wars regiment and it was without a doubt the most autistic thing I've ever experienced. Kind of put me off the game.
>>
File: 229003142.jpg (447KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
229003142.jpg
447KB, 1920x1080px
>when the Schlieffen plan just right
>>
File: imp2.png (188KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
imp2.png
188KB, 800x600px
>>3207014
>>3213122
>>3213231
It has a lot of depth. Higher difficulties on imperialism 2 and some countries in the imperialism scenarios really make you think, you have to plan ahead and be efficient and also make a few big decisions that can't be predicted. However I found an exploit in imperialism 2 whereby you stack lots of builders on say a lvl 2 iron ore mine then discover iron lvl 3 and set them all to work building another 14 at once so the province town produces 4 iron bars for 1 iron ore mine, still a good game tho.
>>
File: 23023104.jpg (548KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
23023104.jpg
548KB, 1920x1080px
>>3215046
>>
>>3214414
>hurr armor isn't realistic enough in games
>implement 35 year old D&d mechanic
wow
>>
>>3203586

What really does this have to do with anything in this thread really?
>>
>>3215046
>>3215061
Is hoi4 not shit yet? I really like the production system and keeping track of casualties. But coming from hoi3 the combat sucks as a lack of a oob.
>>
File: 906743-mindmazelevel7.jpg (407KB, 636x437px) Image search: [Google]
906743-mindmazelevel7.jpg
407KB, 636x437px
>dat music
>dat History category
>dat cozy
>>
>>3209077
>call of duty

leave.
>>
>>3216133
no, and it probably will never be not shit. The 2 DLCs they've released so far are just retarded focus tree packs, no real gameplay changes besides the blitzkreig button. They've supposedly hired new AI programmer to make the AI not shit, but the company is still not back from their 2 month vacation.
>>
File: BANZAI.png (53KB, 325x326px) Image search: [Google]
BANZAI.png
53KB, 325x326px
>>3212378
>not creating a free-market sphere of co-prosperity
>>
File: how2invadeFranc.png (2MB, 1082x657px) Image search: [Google]
how2invadeFranc.png
2MB, 1082x657px
>>3214444
It's fun to fug around in but it's definitely not an accurate game
>>
File: thx4watchinplzsub.png (3MB, 1587x915px) Image search: [Google]
thx4watchinplzsub.png
3MB, 1587x915px
>>3214444
>>3216501
pics related
>>
File: caesar 3.jpg (320KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
caesar 3.jpg
320KB, 1024x768px
best game coming through
>>
File: 1482949273879.jpg (6KB, 250x213px) Image search: [Google]
1482949273879.jpg
6KB, 250x213px
>>3215054

I never played 2, but the original Imperialism game was alot of fun, and had an interesting balance between focusing your time between ecomony devolopment and military conquest. The panzer general series by the same company was pretty fun too.

Had a pretty neat company logo too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2MH4mwRpp8
>>
>>3216507

Try the following mod:

Better Mechanics: Frontline AI

Its not perfect, but it keeps the AI from doing dumb things and generally treats the real threats better like keeping the right border garrisoned.

Also Soviets love sending Ethiopians volunteers so it will bog down Italian players for a while.

Also, Black Ice is pretty good too. If you go with full on partisans options, it makes Russia and Japan a pain like HOI3 was with goddamn partisans fucking up your supply lines all the goddamn time.

But in reality, you need to just play against real people because in the end you can only help the AI so much.
>>
>>3216639
thanks b I'll try it out
>>
>>3216133
Give it 2 years and it might be playable. Their complete removal of OoB is a sin. Can't organise anything well in the new system.
Seeing their current trend the next DLC will sell us back partisans in a different form with something soviet to go along with it.
>>
>>3213238
>40 unit armies
>double unit size.
its big enough to overtake large portions of the map and leave small room for movement and reserves.
>>
>>3214444
maybe because it's the worst game on this fucking planet and you are a fucking loser for playing it.
>>
>>3201701
exactly, I always found it to be the most advanced regardless of nostalgia; only problem is it doesn't have the past army system for splitting up armies
>>
>>3214279
nah, its pretty wank in all honesty
>>
>>3214041

darklands
Eisenwald
>>
>>3202495
Pic related got the best deal in that world.
>>
>>3217952
that's not any of the dozens of Russian generals and ministers who didn't get executed by the Cheka because the Bolsheviks won, or Corneliu Codreanu
>>
>>3216564
Muh barbar

Also storytime from times when me was a wee lad
>at a friends place after school going over and talking about the game and his city
>suddenly stops talking after clicking on a warehouse(or was it marketplace?)
>clicks on the warehouse again with a look of intense concentration
>wat.jpg
>shutup! Listen.
>keeps clicking, I can only hear babble
>claims he can hear '1555' being said in our nativespeak on the soundbit
>that's bullshit, tho now I could hear it too
>1555
>tuhat viissada viiskymmend viis
It was confirmed a few years later that it was real and not just something that sounded similar. Boggles my noggin to this very day, it does, guv.
>>
>>3200988
Just play Greeks and research missile shield while everyone else is still just reaching the Enlightenment my man.
>>
>>3216639
>Better Mechanics: Frontline AI

This mod is absolutely amazing.

I'm doing an Ireland run in Kaiserreich right now. Germany and France were fighting on the border for a year and a half before the Germans overextended themselves, got surrounded and then crushed. Now France is engaged in a brutal campaign against basically the entirety of eastern Europe.
>>
>>3212408
This
It's not an amazing game but it's one of the better COD games. Partly because it's pretty historically accurate and lets you play as Canucks, Brits, and Poles, not just Yanks.
>>
File: 1502197095138.jpg (33KB, 488x563px) Image search: [Google]
1502197095138.jpg
33KB, 488x563px
>>3214444
HOI4 is pretty shit

>AI is fucking atrocious
>Casualized to fuck
>Focus trees are shit
>Minor countries are shit
>Can never make peace unless you capitulate every single enemy country
>AI launches retarded naval invasions every fucking second
>Allies rarely do anything to help you
>Game lags like shit in the 1940s
>Once the AI has nukes they will just use them on random provinces of countries that are in the war but not even fighting
>>
>>3218193
I do like the focus trees personally, at least the ones in mods which are far more massive and fleshed out. It gives you something to aim towards and is far better than random events.
>>
>>3209108
Not even remotely historically accurate though, not much attention to detail paid to the models either.
Madmat is a fucking faggot and literally every balance update managed to piss me off.
t. 500 hours red dragon expert.
>>
>>3218193
>>3218201

I think the problem people take with HOI4 (despite it being disgustingly easy to veterans of the franchise) is that they treat it as an Empire building game or whatever instead of a game which is supposed to focus on your part in one big war.

People for some reason want it to go on forever so they can build up a little empire over time when this just isn't viable.

The point of HOI4 is to build up your war industry as much as possible so that you can either defeat fascist/communist countries or grab clay as fascist/communist countries.

It isn't an Empire builder, it's supposed to be focused on your part in one big fucking war (as well as a few minor conflicts in the early game).
>>
>>3216133
It's still shit and it's not looking to get any better
>>
>>3218207
>buy the game with 2 mates during a sale
>proceed to get raped by easyAI for two days straight
>promise to come back to it later
>never do ;_;
Teach me your ways, hochmeister.
>>
>>3218225
the AI in Wargame cheats like a motherfucker. There's no point in playing single player
>>
>>3218231
Good to know. 1v1v1 sounds more fun anyway.
>>
>>3218310
yeah. It's fun to play with friends and get your own meta going
just remember that non-Soviet Warsaw Pact is the master race
>>
>>3207187
I know just what you mean, but latest game I got 2 super continents, along with an 'ireland' size island, and a 'britain' too. Turn on fantasy elements, as that sets up some 'sunset invasion' nations, and that steers the landmasses a bit.
>>
File: 4760_2014-12-09_00008.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
4760_2014-12-09_00008.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>3209103
ROME SURRECTUM 2
>>
File: 4760_20160624172422_1.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
4760_20160624172422_1.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>3218879
>>
>>3212169
here you go my man

https://ufile.io/bo2q9

I think you just unzip it into the main EB folder and make a shortcut to the alex exe and add these parameters to the shortcut:

-mod:eb -show_err -nm -noalexander

Read this and click on the button "Read" on the section "EB-ALEX STEP-BY-STEP START!". What I uploaded are the EB files already modded to work with alex, this section details what to modify if you want to do it manually. The guy deleted it long time ago, that's why I use the archive wayback machine.
>>
>>3218986
sorry forgot link

https://web.archive.org/web/20100726111917/http://forums.totalwar.org:80/vb/showthread.php?94861-ALEXANDER-EB
>>
>>3200776
The AI cheats in all total war games but it's straight bullshit with Attila. A newly formed nation with one territory sailed three full stack armies across the Mediterranean to lay siege on me because they were allied to the WRE. Then in Charlemagne I was Mercia and the same fucking thing happened multiple times with random Irish nations who weren't even allied with the Welsh that I had just exterminated. They all had neutral opinions of me when it started too.
>>
>>3209133
love me some oxide
>>
File: la platast.jpg (457KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
la platast.jpg
457KB, 1280x960px
>>3203586
La plata
>>
>>3209683

Ostfront is superior. Darkest Hour has more features than RO2 and it's a free mod.

Tripwire is terrible.
>>
>>3216133
I play it for kaiserreich mod, honestly its worth it just for the mod.
>>
>>3200538
goddamn eu4 is the most casual one without proper mods like Meiou
>>
>>3200910
ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy for half of these games you need extreme level of autism
>>
>>3207228
meiou 2.0 is out for eu4 too
>>
>>3220106
but its literally 200 times more dead than red orchestra
>>
>>3220419
Hoi4 is the most casual one now. There's people who had never played a Hoi game before and tried Hoi4 and managed to conquer the world on their first try. Nothing like that would ever happen with Eu4.
>>
>>3214444
absolutely garbage
waaaaaay too casual, also where the fuck are the DLCs?
so far only 1.
>>
>>3216501
You know if you draw a line just over paris, you will also win in this game.
No need fancy tactics and shit
>>
File: 1501888407594.jpg (52KB, 750x642px) Image search: [Google]
1501888407594.jpg
52KB, 750x642px
>>3220493
I do not consider HoI 4 a grand strategy game at all
>>
File: >mfw steppes.jpg (36KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
>mfw steppes.jpg
36KB, 800x600px
>>3201641
>Attila
>easy
Thread posts: 188
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.