[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Pentarchy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: ntx-territory-5-patriarchs-381AD.gif (161KB, 3150x2255px) Image search: [Google]
ntx-territory-5-patriarchs-381AD.gif
161KB, 3150x2255px
Did any of the Pentarchy have iconic headquarters in the same way that Constantinople had the Hagia Sofia?
>>
>>3200502
Why didn't he bother drawing Corsica and Sardinia but he drew the Balearic islands or the islands of Denmark?
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 500x313px
>>3200502
Constantinople wasn't made a patriarchal see until the council of Chalcedon in 451. Before Constantine Christianity was illegal so Christians held mass in private houses or underground catacombs and could not build or maintain church buildings(see pic related). After Constantine legalized the church, they began building parish churches and large basillica cathedrals which is where the head bishops would have had their headquarters.
>>
>>3200610
My point is that did they have any large/important church building at Alexandria, Jerusalem or Antiochia?
>>
>>3200623
Yeah, I said the basilicas. Domus aurea in Antioch, st marks cathedral in Alexandria,
The holy sepulcher in Jerusalem, St. Peter's in Rome.
>>
>>3200610
Constantine died in 337 AD, why did it take so long and why did the bishop set up residence in Constantinople, and not a nearby city, to engage in the politics of pope and emperor like in the investiture controversy
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 572x432px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 572x432px
>>3200675
During the time of Constantine the small town of Byzantium was turned into a major city and was elevated to a metropolitan archdiocese with an archbishop under the antiochite church. I think it was made into a patriarchate to consolidate Anatolia and the Balkans into one ecclesiastical jurisdiction centered in the capital of the eastern Roman Empire taking from the area Antioch once covered.
>>
>>3200502
Rome have its Four Great Basilicas.
Antioch have its own St Peter.
Alexandria have St Mark.
Jerusalem have Tomb of Christ.
And Pentarchy is post-schism meme
>>
>>3200709
All North Africa, Egypt and Asia Minor and Middle East gone.
>>
>>3200552
As retarded as it is, it's because they got in the way of "Rome"
>>
>>3200552
Rome would be harder to read
>>
>>3200552

Rome is to much of a chad for corsicans to smudge their picture
>>
File: virginislands.png (47KB, 1314x572px) Image search: [Google]
virginislands.png
47KB, 1314x572px
>>3203492
>>3201458
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.