[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can you trust any sources?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1501903236357.jpg (40KB, 712x480px) Image search: [Google]
1501903236357.jpg
40KB, 712x480px
How can you trust any sources?
>>
>>3199821
trust
>>
>>3199829
nobody
>>
File: veniceball.png (772KB, 683x4399px) Image search: [Google]
veniceball.png
772KB, 683x4399px
>>3199821
you don't
>>
>>3199821
Use your discernment and provisional knowledge for context dude, trust is not an issue to a critical mind.
>>
>>3199821

am >>3199829

There truly is no trusting anything. If there was scholars wouldn't have to debate.

In a nutshell a form of old Christianity called Gnosticism basically we live in a plain of complete falsivity created by a being lesser than the true god. Think Matrix in the Antiquity.

In the end, people trust the sources they or their subconscious feels the most comfortable source they can trust.

Most people are christian because whether they know it or not, regardless of the fallability of the Bible, being nice and going to heaven is simply a reassuring thought.
>>
File: 1460855343969.png (1MB, 1000x776px) Image search: [Google]
1460855343969.png
1MB, 1000x776px
use occam's razor to slit your wrists
>>
>>3199843
>people trust the sources they or their subconscious feels the most comfortable
Bullshit dude do you even use logic and reason? Unless you are underage, and in that case you shouldn't be posting here.
>>
>>3199843
>a form of old Christianity called Gnosticism basically we live in a plain of complete falsivity
Solipsistic nonsense you have a lazy brain bro.
>>
I find western academia reliable but that´s me
>>
>>3199838
fucking epic
>>
>>3199875
>western academia
Its not monolithic lol
>>
>>3199882
I have no use for monolithic either
>>
>>3199821
>How can you even trust your own senses?
>>
>>3199821
You don't. You compare them to other sources, favoring the more credible first, find out which independent sources corroborate each other and why, compare them with any archaeological, geological, astronomical, or other data you have, and continually test them as new research comes out.
>>
>>3199821
If a source tells you something back it up by 2 or more sources

if sources disagree find out where and why

after comparing the different sources you can start to narrow down the untrustworthy ones
>>
>>3199821
Compare archaeological data with contemporary writer`s information. Make sure check other works of author. Good historian generally adds his opinion about his sources in his book check them.
>>
I wrote a diary 4 years ago for 2 months and recorded factual events that happened in my day.
Therefore sources can be true and can be trusted.
>>
>>3199821
You don't.

You work comparatively and take a look at various sources.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.