[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the future of food? Will all thats available to eat be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Whats the future of food?

Will all thats available to eat be some sort of synthetic paste full of nutrients? Agroindustry has fucked all vegetables, they arent even near what they were once in the wild.

Will we continue to eat meat?
>>
>>3199792
Vegetarianism is getting more popular in America, but I don't believe it will ever come to the outlawing of meat. It will probably peak, fairly soon.
>>
>>3199792

THE FUTURE WORLD IS VEGAN; WITHOUT VEGANISM THERE IS NO FUTURE.

A WORLDWIDE VEGAN FOOD INDUSTRY IS CAPABLE OF SUSTAINING THE PRESENT WORLDPOPULATION INDEFINITELY, AND IT WOULD NOT ONLY REQUIRE MINIMAL LANDSPACE, BUT IT WOULD ACTUALLY REDUCE THE LANDSPACE ALLOTTED TO FOODPRODUCTION, RELATIVE TO CURRENT NONVEGAN FOODPRODUCTION METHODS.

VEGANISM IS THE OPTIMAL WAY, ETHICOMORALLY, AESTHETICALLY, AND EXPEDIENTLY.

WHAT IS PREVENTING VEGANISM FROM BECOMING A WORLDWIDE CULTURAL STANDARD IS SUBHUMAN TENDENCIES, AND TRADITIONAL ATTACHMENTS.
>>
>>3199905
Everyone knows, it's just a matter of awakening.
>>
>>3199931

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?
>>
> Will we continue to eat meat?
as a luxury once a week maybe, and then there will probably be some protein pudding or something
>>
>>3199937
If they had just thought to call pink slime "Protein Pudding" folks would...

eat it up.
>>
>>3199952
"cultured meat" sounds better
better than bioengineered tissue developed from regenerative medicine
>>
>>3199792

>Whats the future of food?

Pretty fucking bright. Continued advances in GMO's, the application of mechatronics to agricultural industries and hydroponics will make a huge difference on both the quality and quantity of food available. Soon, many of the poorest people on earth will find their food costs reduced as well as a wider variety of foods. I don't particularly see anything that is going to stop these advances.

The growth of Veganism is also likely to continue, at least through the Western world. Vegan food is beginning to lose its stereotype as a bland staple as more people try vegan food that is actually decent (Coffee and soy milk will never take off tho, that shit is disgusting). I wouldn't be surprised if supermarkets began to sell vegan meals with all the staples and sauces included like they have done with some meat-based products. Whether you support Veganism or not, the increase in choice for consumers is certainly a good thing.

I don't understand the pessimism when it comes to the future of agriculture. While there may be increases in obesity worldwide as the developed world begins to consume more junk food, I would consider this better than them starving. In short, pretty good breh.
>>
>>3199905
>>3199933
>ETHICOMORALLY
What does that even mean?
>>
>>3199952
>>3199999
>not calling it "smeat"

You bring shame upon your quints.
>>3200000
>>
>>3200038
>>3199931

You realize that by replying to it, /you/ are the dope, right? /He/ has severe mental retardation, what's /your/ excuse?
>>
>>3199905
Recheck your math and turn your caps lock key off. We simply cannot grow enough soy to feed the world from bean curd.

The future of food? Not enough. You will see decreased food crops in the developing world, increased political instability, and more civil war. Think Syria x50. This is especially troubling in the Indian region. We have never seen a civil war in a nuclear state. Coups and revolutions, yes, but never a prolonged war.
>>
>>3200091

1. NO.

2. WHEN DID I STATE THAT WE SHOULD "FEED THE WORLD WITH ONLY SOY"?

3. YOU HAVE NO COUNTERARGUMENT.
>>
>>3200108
When did you make MUNDUS MILLENIALIAS?
>>
>>3199792
I hope we could solve food waste problems soon.

Half of the world is starving and half of the food produced is being thrown into the trash.
>>
>>3200012
> GMOs
Won't mean shit when the Ogahalla aquifier runs dry. Read Marc Reisner's Cadillac Desert. An eye opening read.

> Hydroponics
This may provide a niche supply for the top 1% wage earners, but for whole populations? Don't be ridiculous.

The future is coming closer to Soylent Green every day. I've already placed an order for human furniture.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.