[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chaos and the primordial Hellenic Gods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: ChaosGreekMythology3.jpg (43KB, 523x523px) Image search: [Google]
ChaosGreekMythology3.jpg
43KB, 523x523px
Tell me about Chaos, the creator of everything in Greek mythology.

What was the idea the average Greek - Roman had of "It"? Did they pray to him? Also, how did they deal with the other primordial Gods and Goddesses like Night, Eros, Gaia and the others? Did they praise them too or were they "too big" to even think they would give a shit about mortals? What was the "interaction" between the Primordial Gods and the Olympian Gods?

t. Just read the theogony but would like to read your opinions.
>>
Interesting thread have a bump. Also you might get better answers on >>>/x/ I'm not sure.
>>
>>3199135
I doubt I would get an informed answer from /x/, besides, my question is a more "realistic" one, regarding the actual conception the average Hellenic had of them. I think the only Primordial God you ever read doing stuff is Eros/Cupid, the other ones, while of course being omnipresent and being the actual Sky, Time and Earth, rarely get any "screentime".

Chaos is the one I'm more interested about, he always existed or was the first thing to ever exist, he started everything in every version of the myth there is, he should be by any account the most important God.
>>
>>3199127
>Tell me about Chaos, the creator of everything in Greek mythology.

1. CHAOS IS THE VOID, OR THE ABYSS —THE ABSENCE OF EVERYTHING— ALL THAT WHICH IS BEYOND/OUTSIDE THE PLEROMA.

2. CHAOS IS NOT THE CREATOR IN GREEK MYTHOLOGY; CHAOS IS A CONDITION, NOT A BEING; THE CREATOR IN GREEK MYTHOLOGY IS EURYNOME, ALSO KNOWN AS "SOFIA" BY CHRISTIANS.
>>
>>3199184
>NOT A BEING; THE CREATOR IN GREEK MYTHOLOGY IS EURYNOME

How can Eurynome be the creator if she is the daughter of Oceanus and Tethys?

Also, while some myths place Chaos just as the first thing - being that existed and "just" that, Chaos some times also fathers other primordial deities.
>>
>>3199184
>>3199195
This guy is actually kind of right I think. I don't remember Chaos ever being worshipped as an entity. It wasn't a person. Supposedly the other primordial beings came into existence shortly after it, so we can presume they were born from it. He's also full of shit because Eurynome is a minor deity of little importance in Greek mythology.
>>
>>3199195
>How can Eurynome be the creator if she is the daughter of Oceanus and Tethys?

1. "THE CREATOR" IS THE BEING THAT CREATED THE KOSMOS IN WHICH WE LIVE, NOT THE PLEROMA; THE CREATOR IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THE FIRST BEING.

2. OCEANUS, AND TETHYS, ARE THE MALE, AND THE FEMALE, ASPECTED PERSONIFICATIONS, RESPECTIVELY, OF THE AETHER WHICH PERMEATES ALL, INCLUDING THE PLEROMA, CHAOS, AND THE KOSMOS.

3. THE PARENTAGE OF EURYNOME IS FIGURATIVE; THEY ARE PRESENTED AS HER PARENTS, BECAUSE FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF ONE BEING IN CHAOS, UNABLE TO SEE THE PLEROMA, AND THE BEINGS WITHIN IT, EURYNOME APPARENTLY "CAME FORTH" FROM THE AETHER INTO CHAOS.

THE LITERALIZATION OF OCEANUS, AND TETHYS, AS ACTUAL BEINGS, IS A LATTER CORRUPTION.

>Also, while some myths place Chaos just as the first thing - being that existed and "just" that, Chaos some times also fathers other primordial deities.

QVOD VIDE POINT NUMBER THREE, ABOVE.
>>
>>3199216
>He's also full of shit because Eurynome is a minor deity of little importance in Greek mythology.

THE TRIVIALIZATION OF EURYNOME, AND THE SUBSTITUTION OF HER CREATION MYTH FOR THE MORE WELL KNOWN "OLYMPIAN" ONE, ARE LATER CORRUPTIONS.
>>
File: magnum chaos.jpg (22KB, 220x212px) Image search: [Google]
magnum chaos.jpg
22KB, 220x212px
>>3199184
>>3199252

I was going to reply to your posts because most of it is plainly wrong, Hesiod gives outright descriptions which counter your idiocracy, the first 5 primordial beings being the first things in existence.

Chaos is the being which comes after nothingness, and is the polar opposite of nothing. From nothing comes chaos.

Now turn your fucking caps off and your trip holy shit.
>>
>>3199284
>Hesiod gives outright descriptions which...

AND?
>>
>>3199301
>implying I would reply again when you are still posting in all caps and with a trip

Seriously, kill yourself.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.