[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How multicultural was medieval Britain?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 1501968656247.jpg (436KB, 800x3857px) Image search: [Google]
1501968656247.jpg
436KB, 800x3857px
How multicultural was medieval Britain?
>>
File: eef.png (298KB, 489x426px) Image search: [Google]
eef.png
298KB, 489x426px
lol not very my friend haha thank you for making this thread again though hehe :P
>>
>>3199065
?
>>
>>3199057
MODS
HE'S GOING AGAINST THE LEFT WING LIBERAL NARRATIVE
>>
>>3199057
Medieval Britain wasn't multicultural at all it was settled by Celts and Anglos and later Norsemen who assimilated into Anglo culture. Although I remember reading about a missionary saint who was a Berber catholic from North Africa who came to evangelize the Anglo Saxons.
>>
>>3199057
Very. You had lower britons and upper britons and saxons and welsh and probably several more groups besides.
>>
>>3199070
>copypasting the same thread >>>3198348
>pretend innocent
>>
>>3199057
guy in the last one isn't black though
>>
>>3199106
This thread is about medieval Britain, not Roman Britain
>>
>>3199057
They were literally all black, that's history baby
>>
File: 1498798121920.jpg (74KB, 800x792px) Image search: [Google]
1498798121920.jpg
74KB, 800x792px
>>3199057
there have been like fifty quadrillion threads about this

roman britain was definitely multicultural, just there weren't black people

you aren't framing the argument like that, which betrays your agenda

leave our board in peace
>>
>>3199194
>roman britain was definitely multicultural, just there weren't black people
There's an anecdote from the Historia Augusta saying when the emperor Severus was on his campaign in Britain, he was approached by an Ethiopian soldier, who presented him with a cypress wreath and an omen of death.
Of course, one soldier, in an anecdote, doesn't mean there was any significant number of them around, but still,
>>
>>3199220
you're right, there were black people, but in insignificant numbers (Rome not actually ruling many majority-black places being the chief reason of that)

if the BBC wanted to meet a diversity checklist while being more historically accurate, they could've had tons of brown people and one non-celtic black person
>>
>>3199220
Yes but why the need to name the soldier as Ethiopian? If they were to seem like a "regular" soldier then that fact wouldn't need to be mentioned. If anything it delineates Ethiopian as resolutely "not Roman."
>>
>>3199228
progressive agenda in the roman broadcasting corporation desu
>>
>>3199057
How can the west be this retarded? The worst thing you can possibly do to encourage different races to live together is to force them together. Just look at Singapore, they don't force them to deal with each other. Fuck, this makes me laugh.
>>
>>3199057
Forcing niggers everywhere just hides the achievements said niggers had. There are many awesome black civilisations.

The BBC is racist in my eyes
>>
>>3199086
Cornish, Jutes, Angles, Saxons, Picts, Gaels, Britons, Normans
>>
>>3199228
He probably meant Aethiopian which is the term for people living under Egypt which meant Niggers

that being said Roman Britain was multiCULTURAL not multiRACIAL
back then before arabs invaded, the Mediterranean was filled with basically tanned white people. So imagine Britain as being filled with white people with differing tans not fucking blacks.

Hell Finding accounts of large minorities of blacks(niggers) anywhere that isn't Egypt or Arabia is hard in itself
>>
>>3199086
How distinct were they culturally?
Would they have their own musical traditions? Storytelling? Food? Languages?
Did they keep their culture when it wasn't the dominant culture where they lived?
>>
File: thesuperlativelaugh.jpg (113KB, 455x675px) Image search: [Google]
thesuperlativelaugh.jpg
113KB, 455x675px
>>3200369
>Forcing niggers everywhere just hides the achievements said niggers had.
Plus ignoring historical racism by blackwashing everything is also racist.

GOOD GAME BBC!
>>
>>3200519
>back then before arabs invaded, the Mediterranean was filled with basically tanned white people.

WE
>>
>They were black
Just because my ancestor was a thing it doesnt mean in that I was thing. That doesnt make sense
>>
>>3199057

>tfw you live in a timeline where Paul Joseph Watson is a better historical source than BBC teach and various other British professors

what the fuck is wrong with Anglos?
>>
>>3199057
A lot of languages were used, so very.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.