[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

defining virginity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

So this is a strange philosophical topic but bare with me. Can we agree that defining virginity as vaginal penetration is pretty retarded? In that way, it would mean, only the guy lost his virginity during anal sex. It's also cringe worthy to for a girl to say "I'm still la virgin" after that.
I know the breaking the hymen was to be the intended bench mark but anyone who is educated knows why that is retarded.

I would describe losing one's virginity as any sexual act that involves direct genital stimulation with another person and could result in orgasm.

That includes fingering or hand jobs. But then again...we're back to square one where the person doing it could be seen as a virgin which again makes no sense. The similar but opposite problem with oral sex occurs too.

Is virginity a social construct?
>>
>a girl rubbed against ops dick when he was 7 and now wants /his/ to tell him his not a virgin 20 years later
>>
>>3196820
The whole reason for virginity as a concept to develop had to do with ensuring the legitimacy of your firstborn child.The moral purity aspect came later.
>>
>>3196833
That's not what I'm saying at all. I actually want to have a serious discussion about this. And notice I said direct genital contact..
>>3196851
So, really, virginity is pretty arbitrarily defined as it only came about to ensure the woman only had sex with that man she married.
Still, it has failed remarkably. Women can break their hymens in many ways. One of them being a common form of transportation (horse riding) for millennia. In a few instances, they can be born without one as a mutation. I can imagine it made way for a lot of false accusations.

Regardless, it seems we either recognize the term as it was first conceptualized (vaginal penetration) or we just discard it overall in favor of a general term of being "sexually active" then?
The latter would make more sense in terms of everything I mentioned anyway.
>>
>>3196889
To add to that. I guess the "moral purity" aspect would also have more to do with any sexual act, regardless.
>>
bump for interest.
>>
>>3196820
>I would describe losing one's virginity as any sexual act that involves direct genital stimulation with another person and could result in orgasm.

Hmm, so would you consider a girl grinding her butt on a guy's dick through their pants a loss of virginity?
>>
I think virginity is lost whenever one commits a sexual act that can end in the transfer of disease.
Are handjobs okay? What if the giver had AIDS and a cut on their hand while stimulating the recipient?
This is probably how God views virginity as well.
>>
>>3196820
>Is virginity a social construct?

no SHIT, I'm getting so sick of this deconstructionist mindset. Yes, almost everything is a social construct, but that doesn't mean we have any reason to get rid of it. If it worked in the past for millennia can we just accept that there's probably merit to it? Why must every ounce of culture be decimated?
>>
>>3196820

Dick inside asshole or vagina = no longer a virgin.

It really isn't that hard and doesn't merit a thread. Especially not on /his/.
>>
>>3198355
I said DIRECT contact.
So they have to be naked/touching skin to skin obviously. Learn to read. Still, I didn't say I knew the exact answer. That's why I made this thread.
>>3198384
My point then is, how to define it? Any sexual activity between 2 or more people whether only one person is having their genitals stimulated( see oral or hand jobs) or not? Or is it just vaginal penetration?
Seems pretty silly to have it so narrowly defined.
>>
>>3198436
So, if a guy gets his dick sucked or a girl get's her pussy fingered or licked, he/she alone is still a virgin? or is the only person doing it the virgin? That's still pretty contradictory in a way, no?
>>
>>3198462
gets*
>>
>>3196820
Shut up.
>>
>>3199081
why?
>>
>>3196820
I suppose that virginity is about breaking the lady's hymen.

The experience of coitus doesn't necessarily change an individual, disregarding which kind of coitus it was. Of course it sometimes cause an impact on one's personality, but it happens only because "virginity" is a taboo in our society and we treat the first coitus experiences as a mysterious rite of passage.

Yes, we can call it a social construct.
>>
>>3198384
Why should we just assume it has merit to it because people did it in the past? Most retarded mindset ever.
>>
As a 26 year old 'virgin' I consider virginity to be anyone who hasn't acted on any sexual experiences.
I've masturbated so many times so I can hardly consider myself as being as pure as say jesus christ in this instance, so I don't identify as a virgin.
>>
>>3198462
Did you read him? He specifically talked about penetration. Most people doesn't believe oral sex to be a lost of virginity.
>>
>>3200339
yes, but I'm saying it leaves so many questions. How is the person receiving oral sex still a virgin but the person receiving anal sex isn't? Seems pretty arbitrary is my point.
>>3200314
I wouldn't consider any stimulation by one's self to be intercourse. I guess it makes one less pure in terms of Christianity though.
>>
File: 1485128785573.jpg (270KB, 1920x2158px) Image search: [Google]
1485128785573.jpg
270KB, 1920x2158px
>>3200390
>How is the person receiving oral sex still a virgin but the person receiving anal sex isn't? Seems pretty arbitrary is my point.
the whole point is to have sex while still being a virign. WOmen love this since the have their cake and eat it too. men are too stupid and full of spooks to understand this. hopefully nobody cares about men.
>>
>It's also cringe worthy to for a girl to say "I'm still la virgin" after that.
This is why being a virgin, a maiden, and being unmarried were all interconnected and considered mutually inclusive.
A bitch should only be having anal with her husband, at which case she is was no longer considered a virgin to begin with.
>>
>>3198363
> God views
God is watching me jack off?
>>
>>3200395
Yes, but I'm saying it's pretty arbitrary as definition for virginity.
And didn't I say girls can break their hymens in other ways( some are even born without one)?
>>3200249
Pretty much. It seems explicitly designed at first to determine(perhaps incorrectly) if a women was a virgin and thus having only her husband's babies.
>>
>>3200314
How do you know the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ didn't jack it?

He did hang with a prostitute.
>>
>>3200390
>How is the person receiving oral sex still a virgin but the person receiving anal sex isn't? Seems pretty arbitrary is my point.

There's no penetration. Putting it in the mouth is not really a penetration. How is it arbitrary?
>>
>>3200402
God sees everything.
God watches young girls be raped to death too.
>>
>>3200409
>putting in an opening that happens to be on the face instead of on the pelvis is not penetration
Idk anon, seems like it to me. Though I guess if we are limiting to penetration, a girl technically can't lose her virginity by a guy eating her out and neither he lose his.
>>
>>3196820
of the 3 vigins ive slept with i dont remember ever breaking any hymen,

was i duped?
>>
>>3200436
Well, they all either have an ample history of equestrian sports, mountain biking /cycling marathons, or one of the rare genetic freaks born without one, were stupid enough to break it with a tampon by mistake(I have heard tell of shit like this), or you were duped. Idk.
>>
>>3200406
Jesus was sinless and perfect.
I don't know why you would want to associate something as disgusting and vulgar as sex with Him.
>>
>>3196820
Actually, according to Upanishads which pre-date the Veda's and are a part of the Veda's (hinduism).
Say that virginity is no ejuaculation. Masturbation and ejaculating = losing your virginity.
Hinduism also mentions that its possible to regain your virginity trough spiritual cleansing etc.

What I get from it is that it's more about the mind and innocence. Losing virginity means to lose that inocence and regaining it is becoming innocent again. So that the mind is more pure and not weighed down by sexual thought and so on.
This is though my opinion.
>>
>>3196889
>One of them being a common form of transportation (horse riding) for millennia
Except girls rarely ever rode horses, those were did were nomadic cucks, explains why they didn't have the concept of virginity before marrage
>>
>Heterosexual guy
He put his penis in a vagina
>Heterosexual girl
He received such penis in the vagina
>Homosexual guys
The same but the anus is the thing to be penetrated
>>
There was a custom in rural parts of France where I grew up (but i don't think it was exclusive of these regions) where the newly married man would present the blood-stained sheets of the wedding night to his family to prove the bride was virgin.

If she didn't bleed he would make a small cut on his finger to stain the sheets and avoid drama
>>
From a traditional perspective, ONLY GIRLS can be virgins. This is crucial because everyone gets it wrong in the modern world, they think men can be virgins too. Obviously it's important because you want to make sure the woman you are marrying will carry your kids, and not some other guys kids. While, for a man, "virginity" doesn't matter what-so-ever. Just wanted to point this out.

Btw this is also why man-on-man love wasn't a big deal in greece for example, there's no virginity to be desecrated so it's all cool, no homo.
>>
take a mirror and you'll find out OP
>>
>>3198462

It's like getting a kiss in the cheek when you want to give her a tongue kiss, not that i would want a kiss after a blowjob
>>
>>3201127

>Checks natiinality
>Seems legit
>>
>>3201127
It was common in many places in europe and the middle east actually.
Check the sheets for a broken hymen. I heard they would get blood from animal to cover it up too.
>>
>>3201154
so it's a social construct? Because as far as I know cultures differed if they consider men to be virgins too. Cool that settles it.
>>
>>3201115
> Heterosexual girl
> He
It's a trap!
>>
>>3198384
>he doesn't question everything
>>
what if i get a blowjob and dont cum?

are we both losing our virginity?

what if a girl gets eaten out? does she lose her virginity?

what about a handjob, etc?

it depends on what you think sex is, really.
>>
>>3201106
U saw a documentary about kidnapping brides in Kazakhstan. They hung up bloodied sheets to prove she was a virgin, which seems to contradict that thought.
>>
>>3203442
*I saw
>>
>>3201106
but they did sometimes. It depends on the place like you said. If a horse makes the ride jumpy, it could easily bruise. More so if the distance was pretty long.
Interestingly, I did hear the concept of side-saddling sprung up in many places because of this. I can't confirm though.
>>
>>3203390
I said the potential of orgasm.
But yes, the rest are all valid points. Virginity is a construct based on what is considered proper sex OR based on complete sexual purity away from carnal act including masturbation.
>>
>>3196820
Unrelated but this seems like the right thread for it:
If I let a woman rim me is that gay or alpha?
>>
File: tbh.jpg (2MB, 1543x936px) Image search: [Google]
tbh.jpg
2MB, 1543x936px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc7dmu4G8oc
>>
This is a stupid thread.
>>
>>3205422
No it isn't. I'm just proposing that from a non religious stand point especially, virginity may be socially constructed. If not, there is no way you can tell me that only penis in vagina is losing your virginity yet penis in anus or in mouth isn't. that literally makes no sense. one person loses their virginity but another doesn't?
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.