[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You wake up in your current location on Earth 1000 years ago.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 34

File: East-Hem_1000ad.jpg (779KB, 3240x1903px) Image search: [Google]
East-Hem_1000ad.jpg
779KB, 3240x1903px
You wake up in your current location on Earth 1000 years ago.
Where are you and what do you do?
>>
>>3196063
I'm in a field a few miles from a tavern, church and some hovels.

I get some ale.
>>
>>3196068
and then you realise you can't get any ale because nobody understands what you're saying
>>
I'm right next to a small city in the HRE.
I'll provide medical advice as they basically didn't know anything back then.
I'll make some money that way, go to a benevolent nobleman / ruler and start with basic inventions like the steam engine or the printing press.
>>
>>3196084
I can point and grunt.
>>
I'm in Bohuslän in sweden. I'll go raid England
>>
>>3196063
>naples
kill myself
>>
>>3196063
>Blue Names = Germanic Nations
>France
>Britanny
>Kingdom of Leon
>Burgundy
>County of Toulouse

WE
>>
>middle of nowhere in America
wander around and hope to find some Indians I guess.
>>
This would suck if you were sky diving
>>
Be a farmer.
>>
>>3196063
Get killed by a bunch of injuns near Chicago
>>
Join the kings housecarls!
>>
>>3196063
I'm in a big city in the kingdom of Burgundy.
I show them medicine, that kinda of stuff, then dies cause I don't have modern medicine.
>>
>Middle of nowhere Canada

Die
>>
>>3196063
fishing on the rappohannock river, possibly raping and pillaging my neighbors but probably living a peaceful life.

t. fredericksburg va
>>
>>3196063
If the abos don't kill me hopefully I'll bleach them out and start the white race.
>>
>>3196063
>what will eventually be Adelaide
I'd definitely try to get to civilisation, but I'm not sure I'd try to get to Europe.
Europeans would barely understand me and better than Asians would. I'd probably spend my whole life trying to get to Europe. I'd be more of a curiosity in Asia, so maybe I'd actually survive.
>>
File: 20170801_095319.jpg (8KB, 104x105px) Image search: [Google]
20170801_095319.jpg
8KB, 104x105px
>>3196063
>im 3 miles from venice
>>
>>3196063
I fall to my death because I live in a commie tower
>>
File: scottish feel.jpg (178KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
scottish feel.jpg
178KB, 1280x768px
>>3196063
>injure myself by falling from 3 stories up
>can't speak to anyone as Glasgow was (I think) Gaelic speaking 1000 years ago
I'd probably last only a few minutes
>>
>>3196063
>1000 years ago
Well, putting aside banalities like "I fall to my death" or "I'm in a wall", I'd be a stranger waking up in what a the time is a castle. So yeah, I still get killed.
>>
>most likely a forrest
>use current facing position to figure out what way leads to center of town
>pretty sure there was a viking settlement nearby
>cant speak the language so just grunt shit and hope they let me join
>if not get robbed and killed

What would vikings do with outsiders aproaching camp clearly from neither side? Kill? Enslave? Recruit? Assfuck?
>>
>>3196063
>walk to the sea
>make a boat, sail up Western Australia
>eventually make it to Indonesia, proceed to Baghdad
>copy all of the priceless works of literature in existence at that point so they can't be destroyed by Mongols
>>
Killing tribes and punching rocks
>>
>>3196131
>>France
Franks are Germanic
>>Britanny
Brittany paid vassalage to the Franks
>>Kingdom of Leon
Visigoths and Vandals in Northern Spain are Germanic
>>Burgundy
Fell directly under either France or the Holy Roman Empire.
>>County of Toulouse
Look up names of the Counts. They are Franks buddy.
>>
some shithole jungle valley with some aboriginals scattered around
>>
I'd be very wet.

I live in the polder.
>>
Middle of Georgia woods. Probably find ssome Cherokee indians to join. Im big af for the time period so I might be given a chance with them as a nicer tribe.

>marry a humble yet large breasted indian woman
>father many children
>invade lands taking scalps
>rape other indian woman take more wives
Feelsgoodman
>>
Living in a continent in which the only technological progress is throwing bent sticks.
>>
>>3196411
Height? How large were Indians at the time?
>>
Probably in the middleof some swamp jungle. If i did meet anyone theyd probably be speakig some weird sanskritized version of my language.
>>
>>3196112
In Norway*
>>
Coastal Virginia, make my way to the bountiful shenandoah valley. Hopefully not be killed by the red men.
>>
>>3196426
Im not huge. Im 5'8 200 but I am very muscler and average height for them would be sub 5'3.
>>
I'm right next to the most important city in the HRE at that time. Construction of the first stone bridge across the danube is about to start. Obviously no one would understand me nor let me into the city. I would starve most likely or be thrown into a prison.

Alternative:
I make up some stories about meeting god and shieet and a thousand years later /lit/ and /his/ will sperg about what an important writer I was and how everyone who doesn't worship me is a fedora.
>>
Coastal Virginia, make my way to the bountiful shenandoah valley. Hopefully not be killed by the red men.

>>3196492
>5'8"
Bahahahahahahahahaha
>>
wake up in a forest, don't know where the nearest human settlement is, die of cold or starvation
>>
File: 1494790305731.gif (44KB, 400x204px) Image search: [Google]
1494790305731.gif
44KB, 400x204px
>>3196240
>a mestrino in my thead
>>
>>3196494
help build the bridge
>>
>>3196063
>South New Zealand

l'll probably just freeze to death in a swamp desu senpai
>>
Probably invent a load of shit in exchange for a nice castle and money
>>
File: 1488640803732.jpg (28KB, 948x1051px) Image search: [Google]
1488640803732.jpg
28KB, 948x1051px
>>3196063
Wander around and try not to get killed by vicious Irish tribes
Hopefully they'll see my modern clothes and think I'm some kind of God
>>
File: 1480494796949.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1480494796949.gif
2MB, 350x197px
Lucky me, i just randomly checked earlier on Wikipedia that the town literally next to me is one of the oldest towns in Germany!
It had walls, it had a Königspfalz, it's far away from any border wars and the people there probaby spoke just enough german that i could communicate with them!

I will probably starve within a week because i'm a weak, socially awkward nerd without any practical applicable skills.
They shall find me hanging on a rope from a tree with my dick in my hand somewhere out in the fields.
>>
>>3196063
Go raid the Germans who pretend to be the descendants of Rome, for reasons.
>>
SPURDO SPRÖLÖ I'M GREEK I SWEAR :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
t. Turk
>>
>>3196063
>Stuck in south texas with no AC
I
>>
>northern sweden
ooga booga braise ukko :DD *castrates deer with teeth*
>>
>>3196063
>Salerno
I guess as fine as you can be 1000 years in the past
>>
File: pepe explosion.png (126KB, 750x709px) Image search: [Google]
pepe explosion.png
126KB, 750x709px
>>3196063
>goreyo
Prepare my ass for the Mongol invasion
>>
This is no fun because that's too far, let's change it to 150 because 100 has been overdone especially for 1917
>>
> Wake up in Paris
> Learned Latin in highschool so it's okayish
> invent gunnery (i love black powder guns)
> reform and field the French Kingdom army as a modern entity
> Help the French conquer Europe
> Usher in European renaissance
> Deus vult
>>
>>3196190
kek
>>
>>3196063
Starve to death because I'd be on an uninhabited island thousands of miles away from civilization.
>>
>>3196929
NZ?
>>
>>3196063
Poland, probably work as a serf.
>>
>>3196131
WUZ
>>
>>3197010
OUIABOOS N SHIEET
>>
Rolling hills that may or may not of just been settled by some vikings
>>
Skåne, back then in Denmark. I guess I start walking towards Uppåkra, it's only 37 km through dense forest.
>>
File: hohokam.jpg (211KB, 800x476px) Image search: [Google]
hohokam.jpg
211KB, 800x476px
>>3196063
Phoenix
Get killed for being a white devil
>>
>>3197042
>it's only 37 km through dense forest.
You're dead anon.
>>
>>3196063

>wake up a few miles from Ohlone Indian village

Start wiping out an entire race of people with the common cold a few centuries early I guess.
>>
File: 1460983607816.gif (2MB, 350x300px) Image search: [Google]
1460983607816.gif
2MB, 350x300px
>>3197046
I don't think it's impossible unless I get eaten by wolves. I've walked that amount before and been really exhausted, but betwene life and death it's probably not so hard. I'm also less than ten kilometres from the coast, and 22 kilometres from a city I know existed at that time, so I don't have the worst odds.
>>
>>3197046
t. retard urbanite
>>
File: Serb_ball.png (560KB, 1256x1316px) Image search: [Google]
Serb_ball.png
560KB, 1256x1316px
>Serbia
Join a lords retinue and kill me some latins (and other Serbs probably).
>>
>>3197058
>unless I get eaten by wolves
That's the main problem, yes.
>>
File: 1466696526101-his.jpg (45KB, 718x540px) Image search: [Google]
1466696526101-his.jpg
45KB, 718x540px
>>3196063
>German "Holy Roman" Empire
>>
>>3196063
Voronezh - small fortress at the border with pecheneg.
I will go to Kiev and gonna be a translator for knyaz, because i know persian.
>>
I'm in a village in a fertile valley in Derbyshire, well supplied with iron and lead. Amber is also available.

There hasn't been any conflict here for more than 80 years.

I think I shall invent European printing 400 years too soon, and be burned for sorcery.
>>
>>3196084
Not all languages got the retarded involution of english. Unless you have the bad luck that the specific word has been replaced by a synonym you should be able to interact with the people like a tourist with half-assed knowledge of the language.
>>
>>3196063

'Madrid'.

Die, desu, because there's nothing here, except clay overrun every now and then by leonese and umayyad raiding expeditions going north and south.
>>
File: 1458427148267.jpg (43KB, 332x396px) Image search: [Google]
1458427148267.jpg
43KB, 332x396px
>>3197080
If I were to move south during my first day, I'd end up at the coast the same day. It's very plausible that there'd be a coastal settlement there. And there also wouldn't be wolves on the beaches, because deer and stags are generally further inland. My biggest problem would be shelter, because I might look pretty fucked up after two summer days of looking. Then, what I'd do, is entirely up to circumstance. I guess I'd try to find my way to Copenhagen for an audience with the highest ranked official I can find.
>>
>>3197153
I dunno desu, Low German compared to Nu High German (what is used today) is miles aside. We're talking different way of building sentences here.
>>
>>3197179
Well, I didn't say that EVERYONE except the english will be able to perfectly talk. Or that anyone would be able to perfectly talk. But that's not what you need, really, you're a stranger and people will be expecting you to not talk the language. Knowing some key words, even if you pronounce them "wrong" should be enough. Hospitality was big back then, say you're a pilgrim and you will get help.
>>
>>3196063
Central African Coast near a river
>Hide innawoods and tech up
>Kill niggers
>Take the women as slaves and make rapebabies
>Teach the kids civilization and white pride
>Create "holy" book about killing niggers and genetics etc (stuff i think important)
>Heavy incest, try to create whitest, non disabled person possible
>Establish Klan-system to avoid incest in the future
>Tell them to expand and wait for the whites to find 'em.
>Tell them they are germans
>>
>>3196063
Probably in a farm or a field.

Teach people of modern science and capitalism. Tell them of what is history is to me.
>>
>>3196063
>5th floor of a building that won't exist for about 950 years, above a swamp
shi-
>>
>>3197277
why
>>
>>3197314
To remove niggers and make colonizing seem more okay, to gain Africa as a settling place for whites and make the problems of today unlikely.
>>
>>3196411
>Cherokee
You'd be captured and ritualistically tortured to death. But at least you'd have the last laugh from beyond the grave as you expose them to countless horrific diseases and wipe them all out.

European explorers are in for a much harder time as they find a repopulated continent centuries later who don't die off magically. The natives maintain control of North America for the vast majority of cases.
>>
>>3196063
I'm on the Delaware river with very fertile soil, so that isn't bad. Plus the Lenape, or their ancestors or whoever was here a thousand years ago weren't considered that violent. But there's still wolves around here then

If there's substantial islands at that point, they change, when I was a kid there was huge islands with big trees, now there is only small ones from flooding, then it may make sense to go live on one. Eat fish and parsimmons, and try to figure out what roots have the highest calories and aren't poisonous. Make bricks with available clay
>>
>>3196063
I would try to unite baltic tribes and convert asap.
>>
>>3196112
>>3196460
So am I, can I join?
>>
>>3196063
>Oklahoma
Hope to god I can find some natives and try to get sum fuk and live a good life.
>>
It's fully desert instead of desert with some green/cooling
I'd have to head into the nearby mountains
>>
>>3196063
I'm in nomad hunt-gatherer aboriginals territory in South America.

Better find a place to hide. There's a huge river nearby.
>>
i'd be in england try to make my way to london get hanged for being black
>>
>>3197422
I'm on the Delaware too, but I have fuck all survival skills. If you come across my corpse you're welcome to anything I had on me.
>>
>>3198548
Are you retarded or just trolling?
>>
>>3196063
Drowning in a swamp
>>
>>3198567
I mean we have surprisingly huge fish in the river. Ever been tubing on it?

Thinking about it I think we may be in one of the best spots to survive this scenario. Assuming the Indians aren't hostile and I can somehow survive the winter I can probably do decently. There used to be a lot of beavers in the water, I can club the fuckers and eat them and their dams will also be a good source of firewood and there's groundhogs and deer. The biggest issue is that I will have to secure crops from the natives somehow, and offer them something they'll actually want in exchange and eventually I'll need to secure a woman

I hate squash too and corn isn't really that nutritious unless it has been treated with lye like hominy
>>
>>3196068
Mind of a marshy forest with no large cities near by. Gotta love canada
>>
>>3198649
if you headed to the coast maybe you could either get a shitty native kayak and try to get to Newfoundland or try and get noticed by Norse explorers. Isn't 1017 around the time of the L'Anse aux Meadows site or is it later?
>>
>>3196063
Hang out with the Cherokee and war with the Catawba. Would be pretty cool.
>>
>>3196068
Mind of a marshy forest with no large cities near by. Gotta love canada

>>3198663
Going from south ontario to newfoundland before winter hits seems kinda unlikely
>>
>>3196063

My city of Liverpool didn't exist back then, just a bunch of fishing villages inhabited by subhuman Norsemen. Assuming I manage to escape, I'd try to find a nice castle and seek employment within, ideally as a tutor or something but I'll take menial labor if it's all I can find. I certainly would NOT head for a city, those places were death-pits before modern medicine.
>>
>>3198694
it still wouldn't be too bad of an idea ultimately if you knew a bit about fishing and boat building. The water would be teeming with cod, which are pretty easy to dry. The islands and Maritimes would have a less harsh winters than the mainland

even if the Norse were no longer in the L'Anse aux Meadows site (dated 990-1050) you could still potentially get noticed by the occasional fishermen or explorer and there maybe some useful supplies or old tools left there
>>
>>3198583

Are you Dutch?

>>3196063

Early 11th century Constantinople, hmm... It was one of the largest cities of the time, and considering my current economic status, I guess I'd be a merchant or something.
>>
>>3198710
Yea but there would also be a fair amount of wolves and bears in the area as well as native who I doubt would want to stop and chat with a white devil. It is possible but I'd probably die or become enslaved
>>
>>3198730

Eh, they might just torture you to death.
>>
>>3198727
You'd also be a turk, though.
>>
>>3199083
A rich Turk
>>3198727
Are you Turk?
How would a Chepni survive in 11th century Giresun?
>>
>>3196063
Assassinate Michael cerularius and alp arslan.
>>
I'm an Indian running around shooting shit with arrows and scalpin niggas
>>
>>3196063
In a northern Forest land with frozen Winters and scorching summers, aka Canada. I use my knowledge of modern technology to build my own empire.
>>
>>3196992
Bermuda, actually.
>>
Lithuania. I'm 6'3 so either farm or join a band of raiders, perhaps get taught and become a pagan priest. Anywho, the time of cutting the fields is right on the doorstep, a busy time.
>>
File: image.jpg (334KB, 960x664px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
334KB, 960x664px
>>3196063
>>3196063
Wake up in Los Angeles forested area, go find Native American tongva tribe villages. Live with them for a while to learn their language. Instruct them about baptism. Start a legend that in 600 years white skinned people would come and bring priests who would offer mass and sacraments and tell them to openly accept the missionaries instructions. Live secluded away from the village, start farming and hunting deer for survival. Keep the animal hide for clothes, salt the meat for preservation. Cook and dry squash for later consumption. Gather acorns for food. Start fires using magnifying glass and possibly flint if I can find some rocks. Boil freshwater to create clean drinking water. Live like this until I die.
>>
File: 1484443642433.jpg (73KB, 665x747px) Image search: [Google]
1484443642433.jpg
73KB, 665x747px
Die in the swamp forest of Florida.
>>
File: image.jpg (261KB, 850x679px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
261KB, 850x679px
>>3199154
Or i could somehow journey on foot to the east coast go to present day Newfoundland. Live with native tribes until Leif Ericsson comes and go back with him to Europe. Join monastery and live out my days.
>>
>>3196063
I'd drown immediately in a bog
>>
Wake up in central florida. Die of dehydration or exposure or something. The point is I will be dead soon.
>>
>>3196158
>>3196198
>>3196224
I feel like dropped in America would be the best possible situation
>no one has ever seen a white man before, but all cultures attribute white (white buffalo, white fox, white deer) with gods
>just act stoic, respectful, and rarely violent and you will not be killed
>if not made chief or marrying in to chief's family, worst case you are some kind of shaman and still get to bang top pussy in village
>>
>>3196063
Nowhere in central Sweden. My county has a metric fuckton of lakes (365+) so I guess I'd try to find some people and hopefully get them to teach me how to fish and give me shelter before I get things going on my own.
>>
>>3196063
In this hypothetical scenario is every anon who reads these thread transported 1000 years in the past? If so I would band together with every fellow time traveler in my area, creating a secret society whose entire purpose is to suitley change pivotal historical events
>>
>>3199203
This. Hopefully the caddo Indians are friendly enough to accept me into my tribe. If I'm lucky, I'll find another anon who is autistic enough to invent gunpowder and change the course of history.

The only problem is that eventually they'll smell something fishy as they're being exposed to my diseases
>>
>>3199283
**their tribe
>>
File: image.jpg (824KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
824KB, 2048x1536px
>>3199283
Don't worry man, we made it to Newfoundland and got rescued by Leif Ericsson, it says right here that 2 "shipwrecked" people were saved.
>>
>>3199235
or work to create a colonization effort in N. America to establish a self-sufficient Western agrarian society on the other side of the Atlantic. Great fisheries, abundance of wood, water resources, relatively unexploited mineral wealth including precious metals, and even a organized Medieval society could btfo most Northeastern native tribes. The Norse didn't care because it was too much effort and they didn't really have any reason to directly colonize so far from European markets. The earliest explorers were look for a quick buck or a passage to India. We happen to know that N. America under Western control becomes one of the wealthiest societies to ever exist and working had to establish a foothold in the continent will likely pay off
>>
>>3199332
I don't think the navigation and shipbuilding of the year 1017 were sufficient to traverse the Atlantic, especially since knowledge of its streams were nonexistant at that point, not to mention you'd need a pretty hefty investment in terms of supplies.
>>
File: 1456968885424.jpg (69KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1456968885424.jpg
69KB, 300x300px
>>3199327
>MFW 2 Anons actually made it
>>
>>3199327
Well sheeit man, come down to Texas and we'll have ourselves a good ole redskin-lynching! It'll be like Pocahontas except with Vikings and raping/pillaging
>>
I wake up in southeastern Wisconsin somewhere west of the Milwaukee river. I'm not actually sure what I'd see, but I think I'd see a generic deciduous forest, but I might be wrong. I would probably try to find food and make a weapon, but I would almost certainly largely fail at this. I would most likely end up wondering for a while, and then end up getting killed by either disease, starvation, or natives, though falling and hitting my head or getting killed by an animal would be a likely cause of death as well. Oh, and I would obviously start trying to find fresh water pretty quickly. How'd I do?
>>
Fuck alot of pusy
>>
File: Vikingskipet-Ottar.jpg (102KB, 1000x682px) Image search: [Google]
Vikingskipet-Ottar.jpg
102KB, 1000x682px
>>3199342
Knarr could cross the Atlantic. I bet an early cog from the same period could manage the same. But capital and journeys like this barely exist at this point in time; it would be borderline impossible to fund it. The best bet would be to be a wealthy Norse trader already and spend your personal wealth on the voyage, which is necessarily very limited in scope

It maybe possible to sail from Iberia to the Azores and across too; but it is unlikely you would be able to get back
>>
>>3197419

Vaccination actually solved a lot of those problems, modern Americans aren't the walking bioweapons our ancestors were. Smallpox is extinct, no one has measles except retarded antivaxxers, etc.

Personally I'm in Massachusetts, so I'll try to communicate with whoever the ancestors of the Massachusett and Wampanoag were centuries ago. Hope they treat me well and I can learn the language; I won't have the luxury of locals already knowing English from sailors and slavers like the Pilgrims did.
>>
>>3196063
in a forest surrounded by maoris.

ill probably be eaten
>>
>>3199094

I'm a Turk by virtue of being born here and raised with the culture but if we're talking ancestral lineage then I'm an ethnic Albanian.
>>
>>3199559
>Maoris
But Maoris weren't in NZ until the 13th century
>>
>>3199424
ho gawd not the vikings again! Run for your lives!
>>
>>3196063
I'm in the south of England, I don't know old English and right now I'm only wearing pants, I think I'm fucked.
>>
Everyone saying they'd get a lot of pussy is forgetting two things
You're all spergs, just being from the future isn't going to cure you of that and people will think you're odd
Penicillin doesn't exist yet so you better fuck as many things as fast as you can before the heaps of STDs catch up to you
>>
>>3196063
I'm watching the abos burn down our country just to catch kangaroos
>>
>>3196063
In the bush in southern Australia. I beat my meat to all the naked abo chicks around
>>
>>3196063
I drown in my sleep. The part of the Netherlands I currently live hasn't been drained yet.
>>
>wake up in Bohemia
Meet the archduke, and introduce him into:
Steam engine
Coke (metalurgy)
Microbiology
Astronomy
Electricity
Train
Fucking AIRSHIP
Bohemia superpower in 1117
(1000 after Roman empire, concidence? I THINK NOT)
>inb4 gunpowder
too far away
>inb4 language
Old czech wasn't that different from today's version
>inb4 you don't know how that stuff works
I know
>>
>>3196063
I'm underwater.
>>
>>3201002
>I know
Do you though?
>>
>>3197010

WESTERN EUROS UND SCHEISSE
>>
>>3196063
Probably killed by the Iroquois.
>>
File: file.png (778KB, 500x744px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
778KB, 500x744px
Get scalped by indians
>>
File: 1500383070242.jpg (236KB, 1109x1479px) Image search: [Google]
1500383070242.jpg
236KB, 1109x1479px
I'm in North America. It's a nice temperate area, living off the land isn't super difficult here. But I'd be honestly scared of altering history too much. Indians with bronze working, potato batteries and simple machinery in AD 1017 would make history fucking weird.
>>
>>3200451
>albanian
I'm so sorry! But hey, at least you are not a (F)ersian
>>
>>3196225
>bleach them out
You'd have to fuck your 50% european daughter and make her have a 75% european child, who I guess you'd have to force to breed with another of your grandkids you had with your daughter (or yourself). The Australian white man would be severely inbred by the time the Europeans arrive. Plus you'd have to convince them to only breed between themselves for hundreds of years. Not a simple task my friend. Not to mention that they'd also probably all die of skin cancer with only abo-tier tech in 'Straya.
>>
>>3197277
>kill niggers
>white pride
>lives in central Africa
what the fuck, why? How did you even get there? what do you do there? why don't you leave, if you hate africans so much? so many questions...
>>
Im a white south african so the only people around would be nomad khoisan manlets that wont be a threat.If im not killed within the first few days by predators I would probaly just go make random carvings on cave walls to fuck with future historians
>>
Small Farm just outside of a town that dates back anglo-saxon times.

Probably just try and survive and pass on my genes with an old times qt
>>
>>3196063
>Barbosaland
Get MOORED
>>
>western norvegr
try my luck at finding a house and understanding the locals.
>>
>>3201002
you dont know how that stuff works.
>>
File: Frisk.jpg (26KB, 608x556px) Image search: [Google]
Frisk.jpg
26KB, 608x556px
>be mexican
>semi-white
>in Acapulco
>literally nothing else to do but be praised as a God
>get killed to get released from my mortal coil
>La Malinche hasn't even been born yet
Yup, this is fine
>>
How well known was Nahuatl before the Mexica?
Am I fucked in 1017 Southern California?
Would any Chumash know it?
>>
>>3203352
nuthin but dust there anon
>>
I'm a white guy in California.

My actions depend on how I'm accepted by the local American Indians react to my presence. If I am forced to migrate I'll migrate to the distant Sierra Mountains and try my luck there- since I'm already familiar with the area.

Maybe I'll get a nice Indian qt and make the first Mestizos.
>>
>>3196063
Just walk around and let everyone be amazed at my height. Then I'd join some band to iceland and live there away from mosquito's.
>>
>>3196063
I'm in the Holy German Empire spreading Scientology.
>>
>>3196063
In the middle of a fucking swamp in Queens, New York.

Fuck mosquitoes.
>>
>>3196063
>foothills of the Appalachians in North Carolina
>native tribes were known to be warmonger and violent
I'm fucked.
>>
Northern England at night.

Get ate by wolf.
>>
Nothing, because if I touch anything I'll cause a butterfly effect and fuck up the future.
>>
An atheist living in muslim occuped Spain.

At those times muslims were pretty tolerante.
>>
>>3196063
Just outside of Oslo, Norway. Another 40 something years until the town is founded though. Basically, try to survive until 1066 and give Harald Hardrada all the advice I can give him
>>
>>3202007
This and they'd eat us buddy
>>
>med looking dude in Buenos Aires
Well since it's a swamp-like place in the middle of the winter i'd either get wet and die of pneumonia, be bitten by a snake or eaten by a predator (jaguar or maned wolf) but msot likely killed by the nomad querandis of the area unless best case scenario they find me funny looking and decide for some reason to take me in
I don't know very well how diseases work and i'm healthy at the moment but it sure would fuck with the spanish and other Europeans big time if i accidentally made the natives adapted to what's to come
>>
File: Screenshot_20170323-172505.jpg (400KB, 1282x963px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170323-172505.jpg
400KB, 1282x963px
>find Indians
>mfw
>>
>>3196063
Wolin/Jomsborg. I guess either the trade is doing well or we have to fight against those that want to conquer it.
>Finding this thread right after Festival of Slavs and Vikings in Wolin has ended
>>
>>3196063
Either worshipped as a moon god or speared and eaten by abos
>>
Russia, at a village of hunters and traders which will become a city. My city is literally 1000 old plus about 5 years, we celebrated 1000 y.o. of our city several years ago
>>
>Las Vegas, NV

I hope Hell is cooler than here.
>>
>>3196063
>North America
>1,000 years ago
>in 1017
>...
>fuck as many native american indian qts as possible and create moar whities from my DNA
>>
>>3204964
How will you conduct this? Would they not just slaughter you outright? How will you learn the language, or would you teach them English?
>>
File: cascadia.png (59KB, 710x435px) Image search: [Google]
cascadia.png
59KB, 710x435px
>>3196063
>Seattle circa 1000 AD

Well, I have basic survival skills, knowledge of agriculture, and know how to hunt with a bow. I suppose I would contact one of the Lushootseed speaking, perhaps the Duwamish due to their sea faring nature, and establish some form of communication for the time being. After that, I would try to convince them that I am a deity/higher being. I would back up my claim by showing them inventions, tools, procedures, etc. that make their lives easier. and warn them of a "great sickness" that may come in the near future. That would justify a number of them getting sick and dying from the germs that I might possibly spread to them.

Once we establish an understanding, I would immerse myself in the local culture and begin to train my body for the harsh life of a hunter-gatherer. I would also immerse myself in local politics and develop trust with the tribal leaders, and I will begin planting seeds of industry, farming, and higher knowledge. at some point, I would take a native wife (most likely wives, but I do not know about the state of polygamy among 11th century Indian tribes) and start a large family, so I can pass my knowledge down to my children. Because Pacific Northwest Native American cultures put a precedent on story telling. I would not try to rule with an iron fist, but instead be a suggestive actor. I would re-define parts of their mythology and try to get other tribes to join our cause via trade pacts.

Considering the life expectancy of that era, I will be lucky to live 30 years. The point is to teach the next generation, whether they are my children or not. I would teach them the basics of agriculture; establish farms and large marketplaces to foster trade. As the tribe’s technological prowess grows, I would introduce concepts like the nation-state, currency, and taxes. I doubt I will live to see my plan become successful, but I will indoctrinate the next generation and they will do the same, which will ultimate goal.....
>>
>>3205107
It’s important to develop an ironclad line of pattern of passing down knowledge and purpose. New religious practices may be necessary to justify my societal goals. Hopefully before I die, I manage to convince the tribal leaders to make one of my most trusted and healthy children a chief/leader. At this stage, if not earlier, it will be important to begin building a defense force in case of invasion. War between tribes is an all too common reality, so by preparing a fighting force with advanced weaponry and tactics, war will inevitably produce growth for both sides of the conflict. Depending on how thing unfold, I may even attempt to show them gunpowder, which will eventually lead to the creation of guns.

My hope is, by the time I pass on, new inventions and advances in agriculture will begin to take hold and spread. The gears begin turning, the nomadic societies begin to adapt with new knowledge and slowly start to anchor themselves. Scientific analysis begins to take root, and experimentation becomes common. They begin to domesticate animals, starting small with a bird, maybe the wood duck. Over time, they would begin to tame bigger animals, possibly the Wood Bison of British Columbia or the common Elk. Industry would begin to develop, an economy would begin to grow. Although it wouldn’t exactly be 100% western inspired, Native American cultural norms may very likely stay in place. The early societies will probably be very isolationist outside of basic trade, and might become incredibly defensive to new threats. But over time, these newer, more efficiently practices will begin to spread from the Plateau, to the great basin, to the plains. It may very well fail, there will probably be many wars between states, and it most likely won’t end up being one giant society. But if successful, I will have most likely created a highly advanced, Balkans-esque America that will surprise the ever living fuck out of the Europeans.
>>
File: chaco_canyon.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
chaco_canyon.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>Literally nobody around for hundreds of miles, natives pass through the area occasionally, only permanent settlements a few hundred miles to the southwest.
I'm not sure I'd survive the trek to join the Puebloan peoples if I just woke up at my current location without equipment. If I made it there, history might be very, very different because I could introduce them to the wheel.
>>
File: IMG_0293.png (19KB, 432x216px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0293.png
19KB, 432x216px
>>3196063
Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Either killed by Injuns or freeze to death in October.
>>
>wake up in a heavily wooded area most likely since DFW didn't exist yet
>one of 4 things will happen
>starve to death
>die from heat/cold
>get kidnapped and raped
>get kidnapped and murdered
>>
In the Willamette Valley, plentiful edible plants, fish, deer, etc and plenty of water. I've made nets before and can do a couple traps for smaller game. The native tribes are generally pretty cool and laid back, I'd likely be a slave for a bit and then do my own thing. Pretty comfy actually.
>>
Fuck I'm in a swamp
>>
>>3196063
>German "Holy Roman" Empire
Krauts completely and irreversibly btfo.
>>
>>3196394
Fanks aren't germanic
Leon isn't germanic
Burgundy is france
Touluse is france
>>
>wake up in southern Finland
>local language is basically unintelligible to me
>everyone is a poor swamp-peasant with autism
>only chance of survival is somehow making it to Germany or something
>>
Chill by myself in uninhabited New Zealand and wait about 250 years for the Maori to show upand eat me. Go hunt and eat some moa.
>>
>>3196492
Lol wtf?

You know Native American men stood at like 6' average? People back then in Europe were shorter but those Indian genes are fuckin wild. No facial hair either
>>
>>3196063
I'm the only white man in North America, I get killed by redskins
>>
>>3196063
dress up as the boogey man and spook local village girls who just SWEAR i SWEAR he was right over there, dad
>>
Wake up near the Black Forest, show people where the aproximate location of silver deposits are, and somehow become filthy rich. Then I retire and join forces with the local glass-blowing industry to produce high quality destilleries and spend the rest of my days producing the finest liquor in the world.
>>
>>3196063
YES,FINALLY
I'M IN THE ISLAMIC GOLDEN AGE
I DON'T HAVE TO FEAR THAT EGYPT WILL BE A PUNNY COUNTRY BY THE TIME I DIE- BECAUSE IT'S THE POWERHOUSE OF THE ISLAMIC WORLD
THIS FEELS GOOD
>>
>>3207576
>Fanks aren't germanic
You sure? Last time I checked they where a Germanic tribe federation from the lower Rhine, later all over today France, curbstomping Gauls.
>>
Duchy of Swabia, a mile outside of the city. I get me some apple wine and get pissed, everybody is fucking depressive religious.
>>
probably in a wheat field of some Florentine family that concessed it to some local landlord of lombard origin
>>
File: tense slav.png (151KB, 334x275px) Image search: [Google]
tense slav.png
151KB, 334x275px
>>3199203
>just act stoic, respectful, and rarely violent and you will not be killed

Speak for yourself

>mfw would be surrounded by Comanche

FUCK
>>
>>3207576

franks are germanic you fucking retard.
>>
>>3196063
Well regardless of where you are currently, its almost statistically improbable that you'd still be on earth if you are talking about the same position on the space time field. Chances are you'd be out in the space getting iced.
>>
I don't know,I guess i will invade europe with a horde of chinese warriors
>>
>>3196063
i'm a cherokee indian
>>
>>3202294
You act like that's any worse than being ethnically turkish.
I'd rather be an Albanian than an Asiatic manlet.
>>
>>3196302

Glasgow spoke Welsh, that's where Wallace comes from.
>>
>>3196063
>Middle of a farmhouse in Northern Iceland

Become a viking I guess
I'd probably be great at it being 6'3
>>
>>3205118
so like mexico?
>>
>>3196492
the north american indians were tall as shit you moron
>>
i'm an asian living in american indian territory. Hopefully they'll just think that I'm lightskinned and i get to join them and contribute to the gene pool
>>
>>3196370
you will die biten by a snake lmao boatbuilder
>>
>>3210955
>>3210955
Yeah because they had a lot of meat in their diets.

>vegans btfo
>>
>Ahupua'a Waikiki, Oahu
>most valuable natural resources are fish, stone, and taro
>continental mainlands out of reach for several centuries

Enjoy the island life and try not to get human sacrificed, I guess. Learn the language and attempt to ingratiate myself to the local Ali'i by introducing the keel and lateen sail. Live with constant sunburn and die of skin cancer in 20 years.
>>
>Southeastern Pennsylvania

I'd try my best to find some obscure Native tribe. I'd communicate with them and give them easy scientific advancements until I become their leader. Create a huge empire centered around science. Expand to Alaska ASAP and discover oil and it's applications. Invent steam engine around 750 years early. Discover electricity. Tell everyone to stay in the Americas until 1493 so Europeans could find a giant fucking supermodern society whole they've been living in the stone age. They've been to Mars. Smd yurop
>>
>>3209937
Nope. Most likely around 5 meters above or below ground.
>>
>>3199188
what game?
>>
Go get me some Persian ladies. build a glider and fly to the moon at sunset.
>>
>>3196063
killing Cohuiltecans with the Karankawa
>>
>>3196063
Im in andalusia so i would be surrounded by muzzies
>>
>>3196063
my country was better off back then than it is now so... oh wait...
>>
Dutch would be quite intelligible with old dutch so I'd be fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine
I can also read and write and into maths, so that has to count for something right? Sadly Bruges isn't really a big player yet
>>
>>3196859
....more than 200 years from now
>>
>>3196063
In the middle of a deciduous forest. For now I build weapons and a hut of some sort. Try to build a fire in the chance that the Niimíipu (Nez Perce people) might stumble upon me. If and when they find me (if I'm not already dead or they just don't come near me), I'll just integrate myself into their society and die alongside them.

Or on second thought I might be carrying bacteria that could kill them so I don't know. Does anyone know?
>>
>>3211130
>implying I don't know what tiger snake and/or dugite looks like and how to avoid pissing one off
Redditors need to fuck off.
>>
File: scientology.jpg (44KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
scientology.jpg
44KB, 600x400px
>>3199327
>>
>>3196063
I live in a small village whos actual ownership is disputed between two pretty weak earls in the western part of the HRE.
I guess I try to start working in a pottery since the region was somewhat known for their pottery in those times
>>
>>3196063
>middle of Australia

Try convince them I'm death incarnate and I'll kill them all if they don't build me a boat to Indonesia
>>
File: 1498908240504.jpg (64KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498908240504.jpg
64KB, 480x480px
>>3208946
>the fucking islanders finished off the moa before we had a chance to eat them
its not fucking fair bros
>>
>Seattle, 1000 A.D.
I get to chill out with some of the (resource) richest natives in the region. Also build nice canoes.
>>
>>3196063
I'm on the fourth floor of a building.
In Flevoland.
I'm about to fall some distance, and hope the impact knocks me out at least, because I'm about to drown.
>>
Oh shit I just realized I'm in a basement so I'd wake up underground.
>>
Chill with some Dakota or Ojibwe. Good thing I'm taking Ojibwe in school!
>>
>>3196063
>Damascus

Business as usual
>>
>>3217088
I've been wanting to learn Nez Perce.

But I dunno I've been watching too much Twin Peaks lately, plus I live pretty close to the Nez Perce reservation in Lapwai (I live in Lewiston, ID) and Twin Peaks takes place just north of Kettle Falls, WA.
>>
>>3196063
Id be observing the golden age of Islam and how they are occupying Jerusalem and not killing any jews I guess? Well I am mostly surrounded by Muslims and the crusades wont happen for another 80 years so no thanks
>>
>>3196063
I fall down from the third floor and die
>>
>>3196063
Holy roman empire, my city already exists and has existed for at least a few hundred years.
I'd probably go watch my local castle be built.
breddy cool.
>>
I'm in North-East Australia so I'd probably try to get up to Asia so I have a chance of living in civilization.
>>
>>3209525
>>3209930
Franks were Pannonian, not Germanic
>>
>>3196063
I fall down from the 8th floor. I die.
>>
File: Pannonia.jpg (3MB, 3544x5392px) Image search: [Google]
Pannonia.jpg
3MB, 3544x5392px
>>3209930
>>3209525
No they were from Pannonia (pic relaed) and were certainly Gayrmanic blondcuck
>>3217587
This
>>
File: Pannonia.gif (2MB, 3544x6176px) Image search: [Google]
Pannonia.gif
2MB, 3544x6176px
>>3217843
updated version
Thread posts: 234
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.