[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Armour and weaponry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

There's something I've always found disturbing about full plate armor, not all plate armor just one specific type, just the looks of it,Iron in the shape of men, the more unique and misshapen the amour the more fearful I am of it. This "fear" isn't like a fear of the dark or spiders, its more looking on as new species of life is created before your very eyes kind of "fear", amazed and intrigued yet fearful of this new species, but all in one. A certain armour in particular is the cause of this, I've once seen it used in a painting of a wedding during medieval times, I know not the name of such armor as of this moment, but the vibe I was getting off of the painting was "death" or "inevitable loss", I don't have the painting or any copies of the painting but I can describe it. A ginger haired woman wearing a white wedding dress ending at her feet in the arms of a man in Knight attire (the plate armour in question) with all but his head encased, plenty a golden brown leaf scattered the painting (the season was likely autumn) with around four men on either side, some had their sword drawn, resting their hands on the cross guard or pommel, others just standing, but all looking on at the newly wedded couple.

Part 1/2
>>
File: etywertyertyerfd.jpg (102KB, 633x640px) Image search: [Google]
etywertyertyerfd.jpg
102KB, 633x640px
A second painting depicts the departure of the husband but completely encased in the iron shell that is his armour, from head to toe. Whilst his fellow brethren in belief and sword were leaving the castle in what looked to be a march stood and looked at his wife one last time before he left, at this point he looked indifferent from the other knights, helmet,shoulder guards, knee guards, everything but the rose in his hand, a gift from his wife as a farewell. His wife stood on the corner of the painting, facing opposite the onlooker (you or I) towards her love, hands looking to be rested on her pelvic region, lady in waiting comforting her as her husband looks on at her through the slit in the steel bucket. nowadays I associate that armor with sobbing and grief, in my eyes the painting portrays the final moments of a free noble before he condemned himself to the horrors of the field, with his final moments he spent it with his love in the form of a wedding, and as he looked upon her one last time with a rose in hand he knew he wouldn't see her again, for a military campaign in autumn would likely last till winter, if the battle didn't kill him the hunger or the cold would. And then there's the thing where he is unrecognizable besides the rose showing that no mater who they were, where they came from or what they did previous to this call to arms, death would reap them of their soul and leave nothing but one of many, indifferent iron caskets.

Part 2/2
>>
File: 1482695044542.jpg (23KB, 480x385px) Image search: [Google]
1482695044542.jpg
23KB, 480x385px
>>3194477
Jesus, OP. You okay?
>>
>>3194542
I'm fine, its just that I thought on this odd fear I had towards that armour type, the post was the end result
>>
>>3194713
>Full plate armour
>shield
Why?
>>
>>3194713
Can you draw the composition of the paintings?
>>
>>3194821
I could do a rough sketch in the morning, but I noticed I failed to mention in the original post when I saw these, years ago, 3 or 4 years maybe. They were just something that stuck in my mind
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.