[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did Mongols develop anything when they had no trees?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: mongolia-ger-stay_1439434c.jpg (27KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
mongolia-ger-stay_1439434c.jpg
27KB, 460x288px
How did Mongols develop anything when they had no trees?
>>
The only wooden item that immediately comes to mind when I think of Bows is mongols. Besides, there were still trees there just weren't really forests.
>>
>>3193658
The used bones. Skull pyramid building was a favorites of theirs!
>>
>>3193668
What did they burn though? They had no way to make metals surely.
>>
>>3193658
Pretty sure they didn't evolved in this environment.
>>
>>3193680
Yak shit
>>
File: tumblr_nkcd2dU8Sg1un5doco1_500.gif (25KB, 500x228px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkcd2dU8Sg1un5doco1_500.gif
25KB, 500x228px
>>3193666
try again satan trips, mongols used horn bows (well, mostly horn)
>>
>>3193680
They traded (raided) metals from the surrounding tribes. some of the hill tribes where iron age. Also, there is some forests around in Mongolia, so construction wood wasn't that much an issue.
>>
>>3193690
Interesting, I thought it was a horn inside with a layer of wood. My bad. But regardless OP, what else would you need wood for? Your society doesn't even have cities.
>>
Hm. I guess I just have a yuro, tree centric attitude to things.
>>
they'd go some place where there are trees
>>
>>3193658
Well it helped that they weren't sub-Saharan
>>
>>3193658
As you can see they don't evolve much past some point. Like every desert societies, I'd say.
>>
>>3193702
Fire
>>
>>3193658
Genghis Khan grew up in forested areas when his father died. His mom and him were left to fend for themselves.
>>
>>3193684
They were forest niggers until Indo Europeans introduced horse domestication to them.

The epicantile fold is for arid desert environments, they evolved in the great deserts north of the alps and migrated east into China, pushing out Polynesian looking people, the remnants are the Ainu in Japan.

I'm thinking around 30KYA
>>
File: nope.gif (260KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
nope.gif
260KB, 600x338px
>>3193818
>Indo Europeans
>horse domestication
>30KYA
nope
>>
>>3193818
>great deserts north of the alps
Like Germany?
>>
>>3193831
I clearly punctuated the first line from the second. Firstly I commented on the state of the Mongolian peoples before they migrated with the horse. Secondly I commented on their ultimate origin, which is the desert.

Clearly I said Desert > Forrest > Steppe
>>
>>3193833
>alps
Kek, go google Himalayan Alps you nigger.
>>
>>3193854
>Himalayan Alps
No such thing you dingus, Alps are in Europe, Himalaya in central Asia.
>>
>>3193796
animal fats.
>>
>>3193680
Mostly feces. The nomads still do I think
>>
File: IMG_1716.jpg (159KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1716.jpg
159KB, 640x425px
>>3193658
Apparently that was the reason for decarnarion and sky burials in that part of the world. (Especially in mountainous regions) Lack of fire wood and digging holes in the ground being too much hassle.
>>
They imported that shit from China
>>
Siberia duh
>>
>>3193833
Lmao I was thinking bitch where
>>
>>3193658
Superior IQ
>>
>>3193684
They didn't. The USSR deforested their country in the 20th century.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.