[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this guy's channel /his/ approved? Trying to get an overview

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Is this guy's channel /his/ approved? Trying to get an overview of Roman military and politics before going into deeper stuff I also tried watching the History of Rome podcast that was also recommended to me but its a little too dense without a framework.
>>
File: 1497555982382.jpg (46KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
1497555982382.jpg
46KB, 500x359px
>>3189773
ready livy
>>
>>3189783
I'll move onto him once I have a stronger base. I did read "The War with Hannibal" for a uni class.
>>
>>3189773
He's good enough to offer a foundational base.
>>
>>3189815
Great, that's all I needed to know. I didn't want to waste hours of my time watching his videos just to find out that he's pulling a lot of stuff out of his ass.
>>
>>3189773
But the History of Rome podcast provides the framework, it's a great introductory work on Roman history. What exactly did you not get, or feel you needed to know more about before going back to it?
>>
>>3189882
It was just really really fast. I kept having to back it up to take in all the info. I'm also autistic and visuals help. I'll probably take another crack at it in a week or two.
>>
>>3189904
Ah okay, I see what you mean.

Mike really develops as a narrator as the show goes on, as you get used to it he'll also get better at expressing himself.
>>
>>3189915
Alright, great. I think the problem was that I knew literally nothing about the Roman Kingdom and Early Republic so that since every piece of info was new, it was like drinking through a fire hose. It'll probably be alot easier next time as I've done other research as well.
>>
Read a book you stupid faggot.
>>
>>3189947
>2017
>books

I seriously hope you guys don't do this
>>
i think he beefed it on his video on Roman elections and the cursus honorum because he didn't detail the context in which they began and what they actually did, each.

Also someone needs to tackle Roman law proper, it's not only a very rich part of Roman society that impacts a lot of why they worked out as a society in the long run, and a lot of the changes in it fit very well with historical processes as well, like how they actually had to add a second magistrate at first just for the Peregrinii and Foederatii when business with them became even more common than among Romans, and then how the process with Peregrinii was so expedient they ported it over to Citizens because the solemnities and rituals were such a huge pain in the ass.

Romans bickering over who owns the fruit of a tree next to a fence should be top tier entertainment.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.