[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where did the Tochars go?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 640px-QizilDonors.jpg (162KB, 640x497px) Image search: [Google]
640px-QizilDonors.jpg
162KB, 640x497px
What happened to them and were they related to Celts? I vaguely remember reading that somewhere.
>>
I mean Tocharians
>>
>What happened to them

Uyghurs are their descendants

>were they related to Celts?

No. They were one of the oldest branches of Indo-Europeans while Celts are one of the newest and have more to do with Italics and Germanics.
>>
They got UYGHURED.
Their descedents live on as a mixed people in the Tarim basin.
The language they spoke is just as related to celts as Hindi is to English
>>
File: 8Bqgt2lyExc.jpg (70KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
8Bqgt2lyExc.jpg
70KB, 604x453px
>hapas are beaut-
>>
>>3188794
They got TURKED

Or more specific, UYGHURED
>>
>>3188881
And lo! This is how the russians were made
>>
>>3188810
>>3188876
>>3189140
No.

They got XIONGNUED, KUSHANED first
>>
>>3189163
guess who introduced domesticated horses to the rest of Asia?
>>
>>3189190
WE
>>
>>3188794
They got assimilated by the uyghurs. I'm pretty sure you can still see their genetic legacy on uyghurs though.
>>
>>3189203
*lactase persistence intensifies*
>>
>>3188794
"Celts" are the descendents from Steppe invaders than mixed with the natives. A Celt from Ireland had very little in common with a Celt from South England, and even less with any continental one, it wasn't a culture but how the ancients grouped ancient people than spoke a language than was close.
About the Tocharians, they were reket, when you stop being a steppe nomad and grow fat and lazy in cozy cities in Asia you are calling for another steppe nomad civ to conquer you.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.