[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I once read, that whenever civilization collapsed, its art and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

I once read, that whenever civilization collapsed, its art and architecture reversed to its most primitive form of simple geometrical shapes. Is this true? Because that makes the modern age a bit disturbing.
>>
ill give it a few bumps
>>
Pic related is 102 years old. That collapse is taking its time.
>>
>>3186018

Most of that modern age stuff started after WWI, created by people who experienced civilizations clash in the most miserable and awful war in the history of humanity. Their world was collapsing for them... well, the ones who got into modernism anyway.

It would have marked the beginning of the end had the World War trilogy ended hot instead of cold.
>>
There was nothing else to do. Artists had already mastered life-like photographic realism. The only way forward was deconstruction. Deconstruction looks like shit because you, know, it is an euphemism for destruction.
>>
>>3186018
>I once read, that whenever civilization collapsed, its art and architecture reversed to its most primitive form of simple geometrical shapes

And where did you read something as retarded as that exactly?
>>
Can you find a single example of this?
>>
>>3186146
/his/, /pol/, whatever the fuck the board for aspiring concept artists for EA Molvania is called
>>
>I once read
stop lying
>>
>>3186167
Well it's retarded. Cubism and non-realist art in general was literally invented in the early 1920s.

Why would it herald the collapse of a civilization if it was created by us 100 years ago?
>>
>>3186177
Lad, clearly I'm not actually that poster and am just taking the piss
>>
>>3186146
It was some short book about ancient Mesopotamia, don't remember which one
>>
>>3186177
I'm not talking specifically about abstract art. I am talking about the general idea of art reversing to the simplest form, which you can nowadays see in architecture, paintings, music (electro music) etc. And i am literally ASKING (not claiming) if reversing arts are a sign of collapsing civilization.
>>
File: 1483117894844.jpg (23KB, 503x512px) Image search: [Google]
1483117894844.jpg
23KB, 503x512px
>>3186309
>Electro music as a medium is simplistic
>>
>>3186309
No, sometimes we just boil things down to their constituent parts to examine them and eventually rework them in different ways.
>>
>>3186330
>all nowadays club/party music is just deep bass beats
>>
>>3186384
>This means that intricate music made with computer programs is an oxymoron
>>
>>3186399
I am not saying all electro music is retarded, i like to enjoy some of it myself, but if you listen to nowadays pop music, it always devolves into "UC UC UC UC" after the drop
>>
>>3186418
Almost as if radio music has never been very intricate!
>>
>>3186418
Mom, please stop shitposting on 4chan
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.