[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone else noticed how the concept of "a virtuous person"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: capitalism.png (187KB, 1200x415px) Image search: [Google]
capitalism.png
187KB, 1200x415px
Has anyone else noticed how the concept of "a virtuous person" has been totally conflated with the idea of "a survivor under capitalism"?

Working hard, not blaming others, working on your faults, seizing the day, etc.

A person like this will become rich, and then enact policies that benefit themselves (and thus harm the poor). Which is a complete contradiction, since then people will call them "greedy" (which is supposed to be the opposite of a "virtuous person").

What is this insane doublethink? Are people just not willing to admit they are attempting to become egoists?
>>
>>3183708
&humanities
>>
>>3183708
>Working hard, not blaming others, working on your faults, seizing the day, etc

Not things that are exclusive to capitalism. It works like this under monarchy too faggot.
>>
File: 1501626625580.png (881KB, 640x598px) Image search: [Google]
1501626625580.png
881KB, 640x598px
>Working hard, not blaming others, working on your faults, seizing the day

This is how successful people operate in any time period in history. Successful cavemen were doing this shit. You sound like a faggot OP

>if only the form of government was changed then maybe I wouldn't have to improve myself

it starts with the person in the mirror OP
>>
>>3183708
>PragerU pic
stopped reading there
>>
>>3183734
Well yeah, that's always going to be the recipe to obtain power and survive.

I'm just wondering when we all decided that survival is the same thing as virtue. I mean this sort of "virtue" would recommend going along with a fascist takeover of your country. Which means that having Nazis as an example of bad people is a sort of hysterical hypocrisy.
>>
>>3183708
It's the result of Calvinist Protestant work ethic culture combined with rampant, unbridled greed. When tempered with charity and generosity, it actually leads to immense physical and human capital development without crushing the poor underfoot. Corporations have corrupted it to convince ordinary Americans that the poor deserve to be where they are by playing a card that is so ingrained in their economic ideology, it's difficult to combat without sounding like pinko commie who wants to hand out gibs.
>>
File: virtue.png (11KB, 665x236px) Image search: [Google]
virtue.png
11KB, 665x236px
>>3183752
Well OP all those things sound like virtue according to this first definition to me.
>>
>>3183773
But do they? I mean if fascists took over your country, and you hated them so you fought against them, wouldn't that be an example of blaming others instead of changing yourself? Surely a "virtuous" person under capitalism should just adapt to the new situation. You know, "get a job" instead of "whining". Like, a job killing Jews.
>>
>>3183783
Why the fuck are you so obsessed with fascism and jews? You have 4000 years of history in accordance with virtue and morals, why are you so obsessed with a brief not even 20 year timeline?

You sound like you're just trying to push some shitty agenda desu. Go back to leftypol or wherever the fuck you came from, this is a history board
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.