[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which makes a better society, individualism or collectivism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1500998590251.jpg (274KB, 721x887px) Image search: [Google]
1500998590251.jpg
274KB, 721x887px
Which makes a better society, individualism or collectivism?
>>
Both are ideals and neither really exist.
>>
>>3181153
whatever is trendy with the general crowd
>>
Balance between both.
>>
If we have a individualism <-> collectivism spectrum where the ends are the most individualist/collectivist societies imaginable, the ideal society is probably nowhere near the ends. But it is significantly more collectivist than current western societies.
>>
File: 1495067569547.png (273KB, 793x794px) Image search: [Google]
1495067569547.png
273KB, 793x794px
>>3181153
>>3181162
>>3181168
>>3181173
>>3181184
Fuck off
>>
File: spooky.png (273KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
spooky.png
273KB, 450x450px
>>3181153
The better question is, why would you need a society?
I take whatever I want, and if I associate with others it's out of my own free will, and in all moment I'm the owner of that association.
>>
>>3181153
Depends. What kind of society you want фaм?
>>
>>3181153
well compare any american city to any japanese city and see the differences
>>
File: 1501345247785.png (150KB, 374x289px) Image search: [Google]
1501345247785.png
150KB, 374x289px
>he fell for the 'individualism for a multi-ethnic state' meme
>he fell for the free will meme
Individuals only exist in the here-and-now. That being said, individuals are the building blocks of collectives, and therefore abusing the individual on a societal scale abuses the collective. A society should remember to respect the rights of the individual, in which rights come from a society's ability to enforce those rights, but it must be remembered that self-sacrifice is required for a civilization to succeed
>>
>>3181153
Individualism.

Collectivism is for the weaks.

Individualist can cooperate with other individualist to improve society, collectivism is full of weakling depending on strong people.
>>
Most people are too dumb to be individuals. I'd say the average "individual" is made up of like 3 or 4 separate people.
>>
>>3181414
In history, culture was the thing which separated population.

The Roman Empire never believed that hunter/gatherer European tribes were genetically inferior. They believed that the only thing separating themselves from other people was Romanization, a socio-cultural concept rather than a biological reality. The Roman Empire itself was multi-cultural. Black African Roman soldiers were in the formations that fought the European barbarian tribes.
>>
>>3181593
>the Roman Empire
>individualist
Pick one.
>>
Why not neither? How about just cherish a society that values individual rights and natural rights that all people should have? And the word gets thrown around a lot but why not cherish equal rights as well?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.