[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

aussieboi here, i want to learn more about aboriginal culture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 9k=.jpg (10KB, 296x170px) Image search: [Google]
9k=.jpg
10KB, 296x170px
aussieboi here, i want to learn more about aboriginal culture and society, but everything i find is incredibly political
>muh 50000 years of culture
>them evil whities
>the abos were in perfect harmony with the land

/his/ give it to me straight what was it really like to be an abbo pre whitey, how horrible was it really?

and sources would be appreciated
>>
Nobody's really sure where they originated from but popular consensus is that they were people who probably came from south asian groups without breeding any of the weird groups inbetween there and australia.

They were I suppose similar in ways to what you'd imagine as a "typical" south african tribe with very simple tools and little in the way of innovation.

When the British arrived they weren't met with much of a fight-even the least developed areas of Africa at the time offered more bite and innovation that aboriginal australians.

I'm not trying to be /pol/ here but if ever there was an example of "sitting on a rock doing absolutely fuck all" then the abos are it.
>>
File: IMG_0028.jpg (3MB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0028.jpg
3MB, 4320x3240px
>>3180333
> i want to learn more about aboriginal culture and society
> aboriginal culture and society
> culture and society
they have none; lesson over, move on to better subjects of interest
>>
>>3180333
they used to eat people
>>
>>3180450
They're actually from one of the first out of Africa waves and likely island hopped from asia to Australia. Theyre related to andamanese islanders.
>>
>>3180574
I did see that there is dispute about whether they came from Africa or south asia, but never looked into it much.

what >>3180469 said is accurate though. They may as well have no existed until Brits found them.
>>
They have fucking nothing. They didn't write, they didn't have metals, they didn't have architecture or great agriculture or anything. There's nothing to talk about.
A 40000 year old race that didn't have a single interesting thing happen until 200 years ago when they were invaded.
>>
>>3182406
They have the didgeridoo. And rock drawings.
>>
>>3180333
>lets ask retards on the internet who probably do not even live in the country on a subject which as next to literal actual recorded evidence
>I will base my arguments around that

Kill yourself, my man, my man - kill yourself. Kill yourself, you should, my man.
>>
>Subincision (like circumcision) is widespread[citation needed] in the traditional cultures of Indigenous Australians, and is well documented[citation needed] among the peoples of the central desert of Australia such as the Arrernte and Luritja. The Arrernte word for subincision is arilta, and occurs as a rite of passage ritual for adolescent boys.[1] It was given to the Arrernte by Mangar-kunjer-kunja, a lizard-man spirit being from the Dreamtime. A subincised penis is thought to resemble a vulva, and the bleeding is likened to menstruation.[2] This type of modification of the penis was also traditionally performed by the Lardil people of Mornington Island, Queensland. The young men who chose to endure this custom were the only ones to learn a simple ceremonial language, Damin. In later ceremonies, repeated throughout adult life, the subincised penis would be used as a site for ritual bloodletting. According to Ken Hale, who studied Damin, no ritual initiations have been carried out in the Gulf of Carpentaria for half a century, and hence the language has also died out.
>A subincized penis can be penetrated by another penis, provided the latter is sufficiently small. In some Australian cultures, one traditional practice involved the penetration of an elder's subincized penis by the unsubincized penis of a young boy who was usually under age 7. Some authors have theorized that this was the original purpose of subincision.
>>
File: 1496357341817s.jpg (3KB, 125x103px) Image search: [Google]
1496357341817s.jpg
3KB, 125x103px
>>3184047
>>
>"In the Tully district, a very young man would give his betrothed to an old man to sleep with her and train her for him. The idea was that the elder would `make the little child's genitalia develop all the more speedily'. There was no restriction of age or social status at which the bride would be delivered up. As Roth observed, `It is of no uncommon occurrence to see an individual carrying on his shoulder his little child-wife who is perhaps too tired to toddle any further.'''
>In Birdsville a different technique was used for defloration and enlargement. "A wooden stick of very hard wood about two feet long with a representation of the extremity of a life-sized penis rudely carved at the top and thinned all the way down to the handle was used for the purpose of tearing the hymen and posterior vaginal wall.''
>In the Boulia district, when a Pitta-Pitta girl showed the first signs of puberty, Roth said: "Two or three men manage to get the young woman all alone by herself away in the bush and, dragging her down, one of them forcibly enlarges the vaginal orifice by tearing it downwards with the first three fingers wound round and round with opossum-string. Other men come forwards from all directions and the struggling victim has to submit in rotation to promiscuous coition with all the bucks present.''
>>
>>3184047
>>3184111
What a beautiful culture
>>
>>3180333
It´s petrol time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt0NcaxmGHo
>>
File: 1501227014188.png (283KB, 499x513px) Image search: [Google]
1501227014188.png
283KB, 499x513px
>>3184047
>>3184111
>>
I am not very educated on the subject, but from what I've been taught, the aboriginals burned the forests down to kill Megalania. So they literally destroyed the entire ecosystem and are the reason Australia and Tasmania have such different environments.
>>
>>3184751
They didn't do it to kill giant goannas, they did it to flush all the normal sized goannas and kangaroos out for a spearing
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.