[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"African-Americans"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (69KB, 520x419px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 520x419px
Why do people get mad when they claim African civilizations, when "African" is literally in their moniker?
>>
>>3178485
African American is stupid, anyway. There are tons of African Americans who aren't black.
>>
Remember to sage and report. If you respond you're part of the problem.
>>
I recall answering this question several times now. Here it is again, one more time, since apparently you've forgotten:

Only in the USA can one think that the term "African-American" is politically correct. My friend Gerard, a white man from South Africa who relocated to Pennsylvania, is an African-American. My friend Hassan, a Moroccan who relocated to California, is an African-American. The white Zimbabwean businessman whom i met in Argentina and the black Angolan student whom i met in Brazil are African-Americans. But that is not what USA citizens mean when they say "African-American": they mean "black person who lives in the USA". In fact they call "African-American" even people from Haiti, Britain and France, as long as their skin is black. Most USA citizens (particularly the self-appointed African-American ones) think of Africa as being only sub-Saharan Africa, and of America as being only the USA. And they do not consider white people born in Africa as "African". In other words, when they say "African" they really mean "person with a black skin", and when they say "American" they really mean "USA citizen".

I think that "black" is more precise and, ultimately, more politically correct. Thus i use "black musician" to mean what USA citizens refer to as "African-American musician". If no nationality is provided, then it means that the black person is from the USA (this book is mostly about the USA, so it would be redundant to keep repeating "black USA musician"). I write both "black" and "white" lower case. Occasionally i lapse into the "African-American" thing myself, but that should be in a broader context (when i am indeed talking about the two continents).

-Scaruffi
>>
>>3178485
Because American blacks are descended from Fulani Jihad victims and other assorted war spoil filth. It would irk me if some Germanic barbarians claimed to be the legitimate successor of the Roman Empire, so of course it would irk me if a couple of brutal niggers with a decapitation for their flag laid claim to Nubian and Afro-Asiatic heritage.
>>
>>3178620
>>
File: 1501339924021.png (15KB, 473x454px) Image search: [Google]
1501339924021.png
15KB, 473x454px
>>3178485
>be arab
>arabia is in asia
>japan is in asia
>claim japanese civilization
>>
>>3178485
Only Americans claim African civilizations, and they claim the wrong one.
American education...
>>
>>3178485
I get mad when people claim civilisations in general.
If you weren't a part of history, then you can't take credit for that history.
Can't we all just admire and discuss civilisations without seeking to own them?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.