[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this is a humanities thread From these 3 which was the most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: watchmen.jpg (3MB, 3728x1272px) Image search: [Google]
watchmen.jpg
3MB, 3728x1272px
this is a humanities thread

From these 3 which was the most truthful interpretation of Humanity's Nature?
>>
File: 1500376718135.gif (2MB, 270x188px) Image search: [Google]
1500376718135.gif
2MB, 270x188px
Booooring. This is now a snek thread
>>
comedian
>>
>>3174307
woah man thats a cool as fuck snek what's his name? I had no idea they drank water
>>
>>3174295
the smartest.
>>
File: 1497356187524.jpg (34KB, 940x611px) Image search: [Google]
1497356187524.jpg
34KB, 940x611px
>>3174307
Thats a cute snake
>>
>>
Ozy was idealist that didn't care about killing to achieve his Utopia Lenin/Trostky tier
Comedian was cynic that broke down whe he saw that there were people capable of things not even him could fathom
Rorschac was moral absolutist that believed the only order that matter was the one that was enforced
>>
>>3174295

Ozymandias-Thomas Hobbes
Rorschach-John Locke
The Comedian-Max Stirner

prove me wrong
>>
Rorschac
>>
Comedian. How is this even a question!?
>>
File: 0.png (100KB, 256x512px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
100KB, 256x512px
>>3174295
All of them and none at the same time.

>Pic related
>>
>>3174295
Ozymandias - he understood that humanity is extremely flawed, but can be made great. Rorschach and the Comedian were extreme right wing idiots who thought that just beating up criminals would save the planet. Ozymandias did literally nothing wrong.
>>
>>3174958

Ozymandias was the typical dictator
Rorschac and the Comedian punished actions they did not erased Free Will
>>
>>3174295
Humanity has no unified Nature more complex than eat, sleep, fuck. There is a battle of personality raging throughout humanity all the time. Environment is too influential on ideals for a shared nature to exist.
>>
>>3175279
That's a big claim, care to provide a source?
>>
>>3174604
>Ozy-Hobbes
Ozymandias believed in spontaneous restructuring of societies due to external pressures. Hobbes mainly talked about the fundamental animal nature of man, the inherent flaws in society, and the need for a state to regulate and mediate. Ozymandias remains silent on the issue of the need for a government after everyone's scared into cooperation.
>Rorschach-Locke
Locke believed in social contract that everyone entered into by living within society. Rorschach regularly supersedes the social contract by being a vigilante. They are almost nothing alike. Rorschach is a might-is-right fascist, and Locke believes in liberal principles of social organization.

Not to mention that Hobbes and Locke are both at the very least Deistically oriented to derive their values and notions of rights and human nature from a divine or at least outside-of-nature force or figure. Ozy and Rorschach, just like all the other characters in Watchmen, make regular reference to the social context of extreme secularism and moral relativism in their own time and rail against it in different ways.

>Comedian-Stirner
I have a feeling this is your choice just because Stirner is the only other philosopher you know. Stirner would think that Comedian's moral misgivings about what goes on on the island are a literal spook. Stirner wouldn't be driven to suicide by witnessing morally reprehensible things but would applaud the individual assertion of will going on.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.