[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pyramids

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20170731-174212.png (532KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170731-174212.png
532KB, 1280x720px
I was reading this book on the meaning of Western architecture, which begins in ancient Egypt. I always thought of the pyramids as absolutely the most basic and least practical structure in history. This book sort of changed my mind. Egyptians saw the landscape as divided in two axes by the Nile River (which flows from the North to the South) and the sun (which rises in the east and sets in the west). These predictable phenomena laid the groundwork for Egyptian religious sentiment; that, unlike other ancient river civilizations, their gods were contemplative rather than destructive. They adhered to a natural order rather than revolutionized it. They don't bicker and quarrel; they promote structure and routine. Egypt represented this. Eternal, unchanging order... that by this constant, unchanging order of the universe, contrasting forces can act in opposition to each other in harmony. This is what the pyramids represent: eternal order. One can see this by the things they stored the corpses with, as if they would continue their life even in death. As if death was but an element of the nature of the constant universe. False doors represented the passage from one life into the next. Irrigation techniques based on the eternity of reality. It's all so magical. I understand Yu-Gi-Oh! so much more now. Incredible.

Anyway, just a thought.
>>
Bump bcoz u took the time to write such a thought to share it with us
>>
sounds like op needs to read some schwaller de lubicz
>>
>>3172372
Book?
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.