[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was/is the Yakuza a force for good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

Was/is the Yakuza a force for good?
>>
>>3171256
>Was/is the Yakuza a force for good?
It depends on who you ask. If you ask downtrodden civilians whose police are useless, they are a force of good. If you ask the businessmen who fell for their traps and lost the business they put their lives into, they might not be.

Here is some food for thought. The Japanese Yakuza have gone unattested by the Japanese government, until recent times because the American government is putting pressure onto their government to try to pressure the syndicate. Why tho? They are not outright criminals. They are NOT drug dealers.

They are gamblers and businessmen. Irezumi is the best form of tattoo and you should check out Twilight of the Yakuza.
>>
They're generally the first to send blankets and food whenever there's a natural disaster, so they have their upsides
>>
>>3171322
>Yakuza aren't drug dealers
What drugs are you on? Yakuza also deal with prostitution.
>>
>>3171363
The Yamaguchi-gumi forbids drug trafficking, though other ""Chivalrous Societies"" are perfectly fine with it
>>
File: Yamaguchi.jpg (93KB, 1242x810px) Image search: [Google]
Yamaguchi.jpg
93KB, 1242x810px
>>3171363
Prostitution being a crime is atypical. Actual real yakuza do not deal drugs. If you want to be legitimate Yakuza you've literally got to be a businessman, it's essentially the biggest scam in the world. The members pay their bosses tuition fees, they cannot join if they are not making money and selling drugs simply is not in their repertoire. With the onset of new age gangsters and youngsters selling drugs, you think they are yakuza simply because they are gangsters, they are not yakuza, yakuza is an institution, not some simple gang.

They are literally the richest gang in the world. The Yamaguchi gumi is that is. Their ceremonies are televised for the nation to see, but yeah, they are drug dealers among one of the strictest nations in the world to be drug dealers with one of the most drug hating populations around.
>>
>>3171256
I stopped to smoke a cigarette and people watch in Kabukicho (Tokyo red light district) and got approached by this little Yakuza guy who kept trying to get me to buy his girls. After talking to him for a few minutes and making it clear that I wasn't interested, he literally goes "pleeease? I'm having a really bad night".

Truly a fearsome gangster.
>>
>>3171403
>members pay their bosses tuition fees,
Which is usually in the form of an apprenticeship where you slave work for your boss, cleaning his house and valuables, feeding him etc, etc.
>>
>>3171418
Did you wanted him to smash your face in or threaten you for not buying his services? That's not how anyone who is mentally stable acts, even gangsters or mobsters.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.