[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never forget, people DIED for the eight hour workday.—Rebecca

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: suu.jpg (94KB, 500x636px) Image search: [Google]
suu.jpg
94KB, 500x636px
Never forget, people DIED for the eight hour workday.—Rebecca Gordon

Freedom is never granted; it is won. Justice is never given; it is exacted.
- A. Philip Randolph

“Silence never won rights. They are not handed down from above; they are forced by pressures from below.”
―Roger Baldwin

Do any of you guys know a quote or a paragraph of intense visual and poetic quality that concerns the slow achievement of human and social rights after centuries of struggle? I am sure there must be a book that makes (maybe on the introduction or in the conclusion of the volume) some beautiful and concentrated remarks about the fact that so much that today is normal and well established for us needed to be extracted with strikes, wars, blood and sweat from those on power by our ancestors.
>>
>>3170870
that was the gayest post I ever read in my entire life

You sound like a teenage girl
>>
>>3170923

You can say that when you are not the one fighting against the dilapidation of labor rights in your country. The one who is fragile and spoiled here is you. Probably never had to work a day in your life (except for comfortable desk jobs) and had the University paid by your parents for you.

Also, I am not talking to /pol/ here: spoiled babies dont have nothing to offer.
>>
>>3170923

>>/pol/
>>
>>3170870
Don't know any but i have to notice that people generally don't value the rights they have and take them for granted

If there was a debate for going back to 12 hour workday i assure that there would be actual working people among those who support it, people are completely brainwashed into acting against their own interests

Rights are won and this is a fundamental truth, those who don't fight for them don't deserve them
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.