[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Misperception of American slavery.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (24KB, 284x422px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 284x422px
Slavery in the US is arguably the most incorrectly perceived event in history. They were largely criminals/debtors/POWs in Africa, given a second chance at life(of sorts) in the new world.
>>
>>3168137
Alright even accepting that as true why did their kid, grandkids, great grandkids, etc. deserve slavery
>>
t. everything I know about slavery comes from /pol/
>>
>>3168137
I'd frankly rather be just be shot then work at a sugar plantation in the Caribbean.
>>
>>3168246
But you might end up in the carolinas, they literally had nothing to lose.
>>
>>3168246
If you were born a nigger chances are you'd be shot either way
>>
>>3168153
They didn't deserve to be at the bottom rungs of society, but early America was a caste system.

The rule was, that children inherited the status of their mother. It was designed and pushed by the white wives of the founding fathers to screw their illegitimate children out of inheritance.
>>
>>3168137
I would slightly agree that American slavery gets a bit of a worse rep than it deserves but for totally different reasons.
Yes its true that when slaves were brought over in the boats they had already been enslaved by other Africans and then sold to the Europeans. But ultimately it doesnt matter because being a slave sucks no matter what the circumstances of your capture are.
That being said, if you had the power to magically show a newly captured slave all the places he could possibly be forced to work at, and then let him choose, you can bet your ass that he/she is gonna pick the United States in the areas that would become the border states.
>>
>>3168265
They weren't just randomly captured. Most were debtors/criminals/ POWs or political type misfits. It would be like if we sold our prisoners to a foreign country.
>>
>>3168275
I have no idea how you could possibly come to that conclusion unless you have already crossed the threshold of delusion neccesary to browse /pol/ unironically.
That simply is just not the case. There was a massive economic incentives for tribes and nations in Africa with trade relationships with the European powers to go out of their way to capture and enslave surrounding kingdoms so they could then sell them. Yes they sold their debtors and criminals. All that is very likely as well. But there just frankly would not have been enough to satisfy the demands of even one of the European powers. They needed people to sell and they didnt care where they got them.
>>
>>3168301
Tribal warfare was constant, and the POWs of that warfare would be sold. It's simple.
>>
>>3168275

This is part of the reason why American blacks are more criminally inclined than African immigrants.
>>
>>3168312
Tribal Warfare was constant largely because slavery was a large industry in West Africa, it's ultimately a very shitty situation to be the on the wrong side of.
>>
>>3168137
>They were largely criminals/debtors/POWs in Africa,

No thays just another thing people spun to justify shitting on American Blacks.
>>
>>3168261
You think a Bashar would inherit the family fortune?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.