[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens when reality is gone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1475575684067.jpg (847KB, 1343x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1475575684067.jpg
847KB, 1343x1365px
Would it be possible to experience a pure "nothingness", where what we perceive as reality is completely gone? Or as long as we are alive we will always be conditioned by our senses?

Would such "nothingness" or void disprove the existence of a sentient god, being that not even him would be part of it or would be disolved on it as well?
>>
>>3167813
*being that not even him would be part of it or either that he would be disolved on it as well?
>>
>>3167813
>experience a pure "nothingness"
an experience is something whichc implies an experiencer which is also something, therefore you have two things which is not nothingness
>>
>>3167813
>Would such "nothingness" or void disprove the existence of a sentient god
in the abrahamic faiths alone, not to mention others, one finds many mystics who speak of god as a "divine nothingness"
>>
>>3167813
you'll find out when you die
>>
>>3167813
>Would it be possible to experience a pure "nothingness"
No. That'd be like saying you could see your blind spot. Your blind spot doesn't look dark or empty or black, it doesn't look like anything at all because it simply doesn't exist as part of your field of vision. Same thing with death. People often imagine death as everything going black like the series finale of the Sopranos, but in reality that wouldn't happen because you won't be around even a second after you die to see anything, black or otherwise. You simply won't be there to experience anything because your existence is bounded by your birth and death and any experiences you have can only take place within that span of time between those two events. Outside of that span of time (before birth or after death), there is no you available for any sort of experiencing.
>>
the act of perceiving is something
>>
File: image4.jpg (50KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image4.jpg
50KB, 480x480px
>>3167813
You mean a non-experience or a anti-thought? Did some intense psychedelics during a guided meditation, makeshift tms device; really made me think. Also I don't fear death anymore, I welcome the end of this nightmare. Is it possible? The power of the human imagination makes me believe that it may be possible, but could such an encounter with primal immense be verbalized? Not by my metal.
>>
>>3167861
>>3167881
>>3167928
>>3167930
Perhaps I used the wrong word or should've put "experience" with commas to suggest that it wouldn't be a common experience. Maybe as this >>3168101 anon says, "non-experience" or "anti-thought" is a bit accurate. Still, no word may probably be able to explain such a phenomena accurately

>>3167868
Interesting.
>>
>>3168116
*a bit more accurate
>>
>>3167813
If there's no reality there's nothing for you to exist within and thus you also can't experience anything.
>>
When reality is gone there's no words to talk about what's there and what it's like
>>
>>3167813
>Would it be possible to experience a pure "nothingness"
No. If you can experience it, it is something, not nothing.

>where what we perceive as reality is completely gone?
Whatever is then perceived would by definition be reality.

>Or as long as we are alive we will always be conditioned by our senses?
What?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.