[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly are political parties?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1477671540177.jpg (248KB, 1043x927px) Image search: [Google]
1477671540177.jpg
248KB, 1043x927px
And are they inevitable in democracies?
>>
I've often heard Washington didn't want political parties in the US when he left office, warning his successors of the risks it'd bring but how would the US look like without political parties?
>>
>>3165469
Political parties are organizations of people who seek to pool their resources to win political victory, and yes, they are inevitable in democracies: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_law_of_oligarchy
>>
>>3165469
They are groups who usually share similar ideas and group up to being change to a nation, and then they linger around making false promises and suck up tax payers money.
>>
>>3165480
This is correct, although Washington acted like a Federalist.
>>
It depends on what type of government you have. I'm most familiar with the American system. In America a political party is essentially a formalized alliance between politicians who share similar core values. Getting anything voted into law requires a huge number of votes in the House and Senate. Getting support can be difficult since everybody has their own personal goals plus the issues that their local constituents want them to deal with. They are representatives, remember, they represent the will of a segment of the population. So how are they going to get their local issues resolved if nobody else in the country really gives a shit?

Answer: join a party. These parties have a platform of core issues that members agree are important and should be voted on, and in exchange for members supporting that issue the party also supports them with their individual issues and goals to an extent (as long as they do not conflict with the party's platform or the goals of its most central figures). Basically it's scratch my back and I scratch yours. You vote along party lines and the party is likely to write your issue into the bill as pork (a term for added on random bits of legislation to large pieces of legislation that have nothing to do with the rest of it and are just some politicians pet project that had to be included in order to secure his vote).
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.