[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

strategy plan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 13

File: image.jpg (76KB, 728x409px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 728x409px
Using ms paint show me how you would win this battle. you are blue team
>>
please i dont know how to win this battle, what does the grass do
>>
you look up whatever historical battle this was based on and do that
>>
>>3163157
Kill Henry de Bohun when he tried to solo the map
>>
>symbol guide
>no symbol guide
Are the triangles archers? Pike?
>>
File: bruce2.jpg (89KB, 728x409px) Image search: [Google]
bruce2.jpg
89KB, 728x409px
>>3163157
>>
File: IMG_7806.jpg (78KB, 750x416px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7806.jpg
78KB, 750x416px
>>
>>3163213

You're going to have your cavalry ford a river four times while the rest of your force of light infantry just advances evenly toward archers and heavy infantry?
>>
File: 1501395291521.jpg (88KB, 728x409px) Image search: [Google]
1501395291521.jpg
88KB, 728x409px
the russian way
>>
File: Mapbannockburn1_2.png (476KB, 1122x793px) Image search: [Google]
Mapbannockburn1_2.png
476KB, 1122x793px
>>3163213
>>3163253

Well shit, it worked.
>>
File: 1501395291521.jpg (89KB, 728x409px) Image search: [Google]
1501395291521.jpg
89KB, 728x409px
>>3163254
the french strategy, always works
>>
>>3163288
Top kek
>>
File: uhhhhhhhh.png (471KB, 728x409px) Image search: [Google]
uhhhhhhhh.png
471KB, 728x409px
teleports behind
>>
>>3163273
Wait what is this? Looks intredesting
>>
>>3163157
Spread out, kite them. Alternatively just bumrush them.
>>
File: pic.png (462KB, 728x409px) Image search: [Google]
pic.png
462KB, 728x409px
>>3163157
Assumptions
-Triangles are cavalry
-Units with a \ are archers
-dotted lines delineate dips in terrain that are deep enough to hide troops
-All troops are of equal quality

1. Full scale route into the forest, equally dispersed although with a denser concentration towards the north
2. Cavalry to reform in the dip in terrain (see pic 1). They will guard the flank, while also being available to charge through the clear area if needed.

If the enemy does not pursue then I have avoided an unfavorable confrontation.

If they do pursue then

3. Engage within the forest
4. If infantry engagement is successful then use cavalry to pursue, Attempting to roll the enemy line when they have superior numbers of cavalry is inadvisable.

Enemy cavalry may still prove to be difficult, but this strategy will negate their advantages as much as possible.
>>
>>3164117
autism
>>
File: strategy.png (476KB, 728x409px) Image search: [Google]
strategy.png
476KB, 728x409px
>>
The best strategy is probably for the enemy to full-scale retreat at start of the battle. That way you win without suffering any casualties.
>>
I would probably retreat to the forest to resist cavalry and longbows then advance when the English infantry move forward so the schiltrons can close ranks and use their pikes effectively.

I would leave the unforested gap at the north empty with 1 formation of troops in the forest facing north ready to move into the gap and the cavalry further back ready to charge into it. If they try to outflank us through the gap the formation will move north to pin them then the cavalry will charge as they turn to engage the infantry.

The troops will be ordered not to pursue routing troops without orders on pain of having their nads chopped off.

>>3163157
>>3163273
hmm, OP map fails to reveal that the river encircles the English
>>
>>3163157
>Bring them to boggy land where cavalry can't run properly
>Pike them to death
>Chase king back to England
pretty easy desu
>>
File: longbowmen.jpg (56KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
longbowmen.jpg
56KB, 700x467px
>>3167814
heh, I notice you dropped your shields to pick up those 2 handed pikes

*activates trap card*
>>
What's the context of Bannockburn?
>>
File: epic win.png (878KB, 896x476px) Image search: [Google]
epic win.png
878KB, 896x476px
>>
>>3167835
>Implying there weren't shields strapped to our backs the entire time
huehuehue
>>
>>3165270
That would be a pain in the ass
>>
File: Strategy.jpg (104KB, 728x409px) Image search: [Google]
Strategy.jpg
104KB, 728x409px
I don't know the battle this was historically based on and I think it's better this way, now only my strategic skill is tested rather than my knowledge of history.

I'd have two plans: plan A and plan B.

Plan A seeks to take advantage of the terrain. I retreat all of my forces back into the grasslands, using archers and skirmishers to goad the enemy into attacking. Then I use the high grass and hills to my advantage, negating the enemy advantage in cavalry. It will be difficult, considering the enemy outnumbers us in archers as well.

Plan B comes into play when it becomes clear that Plan A won't work, or when an agressive method appears to be more useful. In which case I send my first line of infantry forward to attack and hold position. The question here becomes how disciplined this infantry is and whether or not they can withstand the initial cavalry countercharge of the enemy. After the lines are clearly defined, I send my second line (with the black square around it) towards my left flank, with cavalry support if need be. They will be my "flanking force" as opposed to my "main force".

After this, I will order the center of my main force to slowly retreat, as if being pushed back, creating a pocket in which many enemies can concentrate themselves. Hopefully this will deplete the English rear enough for my flanking force to engage them, hopefully win and encircle the remaining enemy. (This is what B2 refers to in the picture).

A sort of adjusted Hannibal strategy where I seek to exploit the fact that my enemy cannot outflank me due to the terrain, but I *sort of* can.

Rate my strategy. That's the best I can do with how utterly fucked my side is.
>>
>>3163273
>>3169921
>mfw my half-assed strategy is actually what the Scots did.
I'm impressed by my own autism.
>>
But I don't know relevant details, like numbers, training, leadership, morale, terrain, strategic situation and so on.
>>
>>3164117
>Assumptions
>-Triangles are cavalry
>-Units with a \ are archers
Just the opposite
>>
File: magic.jpg (13KB, 213x160px) Image search: [Google]
magic.jpg
13KB, 213x160px
Fresh bread lads

What bows and arrow are being used and is there a strong wind? Could I roll for weather conditions and when in the day and year is it?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.