[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battle of Thermopylae

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

What went wrong?
>>
It was literally a suicide mission
>>
>that nigger in the bottom left
Seriously, go fuck yourself hollywood, if Greeks can be considered "white" than so can we
>pic related: Greek and Iranian prime ministers
>>
Ephialtes.
>>
>>3162777
Take an art concept crash course anon.

Art always assumes lighter colors with the prescribed good vs dark with evil.

The artist obviously choose to represent the Spartans as good in this piece therefore associating them with brightness and clean looking.

Much of art in history and in historical reanimations in artwork assume this style of representation, not to get confused with racial discrimination.

In many pieces where the piece depicts peoples of darker skin tone, they too are surrounded by light and appear clean where there enemies are often dirty and disorganized. Dispute the actual fact that both sides would be dirty and by some point disorganized, those who understand how art is represented and search for not the accuracy of a piece but the admiration of the artwork are more often also the ones who do not fall for the racial agendas that many try to push on these masterpieces.
>>
>>3162759
they didnt let trans-abled people into their army and so they got goatpathed
>>
>>3162777
>wanting to be pigdisgusting whitey

>Ali Shamkhani
>Iran's prime minister
>>
>>3163362
I don't wanna be wh*te desu, all that means is more associated with g*rmans

What I meant though is that if Greeks are considered white than every damned person from Anatolia to Afghanistan should be too, unless we're speaking in the cultural sense and not the strictly color sense
>>
>>3162759
For the Persians - charging at the Spartans instead of loosing arrows upon them from the get-go.
>>
>>3163356
damn this seems like a good metaphor for our current times

i bet some tranny is going to leak state secrets
>>
>>3162777
Greeks nor iranians are white. Stop fantasizing about such things
>>
>>3162777
>>that nigger in the bottom left
>what is shading in art
>>
>>3163395
Spartans were fortified, just losing arrows would've been a waste of time. What they should've done is literally what they did: encircle the greeks. They won the Thermopylae without serious loses, everything surrounding Leonidas and the 300 is an amazing work of propaganda. The Persians were defeated in Salamis and Platea, those should be the celebrated battles.
>>
>>3163943
It's remembered because people have a boner for 'last stands'. Either way, the important part is that the sand people got buttfucked out of Europe, hopefully they will again but Europeans just don't seem to be able to coordinate.
>>
>>3163689
>going to
uhhhhhh...
>>
Why did the persians sustain such casualties? Surely they weren't all equipped with wicker shields?
>>
>>3162759
literally nothing, stop falling from ''suicide mission'' and greece meme. It was a lost and could have doomed city states if Salamis didn't happen
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.