[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What war(s) do you find the most interesting /his/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 4

File: KOY001SE0017.jpg (1MB, 1200x793px) Image search: [Google]
KOY001SE0017.jpg
1MB, 1200x793px
What war(s) do you find the most interesting /his/?
>>
File: That War.jpg (43KB, 314x593px) Image search: [Google]
That War.jpg
43KB, 314x593px
>>3160296
War of the League of Cambrai.
>>
File: pepelips.jpg (236KB, 580x563px) Image search: [Google]
pepelips.jpg
236KB, 580x563px
>>3160296
>when you find out Cuba sent troops to Angola as some sort of mini vietnam for them.

Fucking crazy to think that this tiny island had some projection power and how in the fuck they did it when the blockade was one etc. Truly interesting.
>>
File: Nazi invasion plans.png (2MB, 902x1247px) Image search: [Google]
Nazi invasion plans.png
2MB, 902x1247px
>Peloponnesian war
Its like all the key aspects and themes of International Relations seen with modern historical events like the cold war but in bite size chunks.
>Napoleonic wars
Highlights the importance and differences between Strategy and Tactics as well as featuring a clash of ideologies.
>Boxer Rebellion
Gang rape of the Chinese that ends in a block buster style race to the capital to free held up Christians, featuring sneaky Russians, heroic Yanks, and which is then won by the British in a sort of curtain call before the 20th century goes to shit
>Cold war
Adds the dynamic of having a Bi-polar world but with the two super powers with the stipulation of being unable to attack each other due to MAD which leads to all sorts of underhanded and cheeky behavior
>WW2
The grand daddy of wars (sure its over studied but only because its the fucking paragon of military history). Over the top villains, enemy of my enemy is my friend memes, dashing raids and espionage, 3 way of ideological tension, a half time where by it looks like one side will win only for the comeback of the century, awesome strategic and tactical maneuvers and mistakes, battles that end with more casualty's than some countries have populations, tank and air battles that look like a 10 year old who got the biggest toy set for Christmas set up, with more theaters than Broadway, ending with one bad guy changing sides, one getting absolutely annihilated, and one getting two fucking bombs dropped on it almost as if the author of history just didn't give a fuck any more and wanted to wrap this bad boy up.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.