[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /his/ think of the Greatest Musical of All Time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: nigger with gold background.jpg (27KB, 486x648px) Image search: [Google]
nigger with gold background.jpg
27KB, 486x648px
What does /his/ think of the Greatest Musical of All Time?
>>
>>3158245
I think Rise and Fall of the City of Mahoganny is very good.
>>
I don't think West Side Story is set long enough ago to be /his/ related yet
>>
>>3158245
I wouldn't say it's the greatest musical, but it was great. You can tell they put in a lot of effort to remain accurate for the most part. It just ducks that the tickets were so expensive. They were nearly $200 each.
>>
>>3158435
It's the best musical in my opinion. I can't stop listening to the soundtrack.
>the tickers were so expensive
Wait, are you poor?
>>
>>3158245
It's pretty good.
>>
Why don't people make Operas anymore?
>Inb4 Tenors n shiet
I mean the artform: Operas are basically Musicals with 0 spoken dialogue and everything is sung.
>>
>>3158942
Anglos can't into Opera to save their goddamned lives.
>>
>>3158261
You're getting dangerously esoteric there, friendo.
>>
>>3158942
Oh, you mean like "sung-through" musicals?
>>
>>3158245
This is actually my most favorite musical this decade. I don't care what /his/ says
>>
>>3161392
Not the best but bretty good imo
>>
Its pretty fucking clever and it got the nuances of the day and relationships between the people quite right. Expected nothing, was pleasantly surprised.
>>
>>3158245
Im too poor to go see it. I want a bluray release
>>
>>3158245
Hamilton is pretty good but Miranda can't sing for shit.
>>
>>3161441
You can watch it here if you want:
http://hamiltonlive.uphero.com/
It starts in an hour and a half.

It's an illegal recording of the show, but it's very high quality.
>>
File: 1484854111596.gif (3MB, 398x255px) Image search: [Google]
1484854111596.gif
3MB, 398x255px
>>3158245
>>
>>3161459
I fucking agree. The rest of the cast are actual singers/broadway performers. Lin is a rapper, he should've just stayed as the writer/creator. Forcing himself to be the main character wasn't a good idea.
>>
>>3158245
That's not Stomp
>>
>>3161469
Leslie Odom Jr. and Chris Jackson are excellent singers and it highlights how shit Miranda is. His only schtick is he can rap fast but that's about it.

Solid writer but his singing is shite.
>>
File: todd.jpg (10KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
todd.jpg
10KB, 223x226px
>>3158245
>>3158269
>>3158541

>What does /his/ think of the Greatest Musical of All Time?

You mean the greatest musical of all time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi2hQPNm1kI
>>
File: 1494732614320.jpg (27KB, 303x303px) Image search: [Google]
1494732614320.jpg
27KB, 303x303px
>>3158541
I'm not poor. I got tickets in the orchestra section at a really nice deal. They usually go for around $400, but I was able to get them at a much cheaper price.
>>3161459
I don't like Miranda's voice. It was the same with the Chicago performance. Hamilton's voice was the worst part of the show. It was still amazing though.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.