[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post Modern /his/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Duchamp_Fountaine.jpg (244KB, 968x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Duchamp_Fountaine.jpg
244KB, 968x1024px
I'm noticing some affinity with /his/ and classical views, going from 19th century way back. In fact usually 20th century views are mocked upon or just ignored by mostly users. So, in some kind of test, I'm creating this thread about post-modernism in general. Let's see how it goes, and how many people here is actually interested in recent history, and not in romanticized glories of the past.
Deleuze, Foucalt, Umberto Eco, Burroughs, Anti-psychiatry, Hedeigger, Dada, Magical Realism, Surreal, social constructs and so on. Everything goes here.
Keep in mind the idea is to keep this thread alive the more we can, making it easier not only to discuss, but also to keep on focus on the subjects. Feel free to link some books, articles or new names we may not know, and mostly important, do not fall for easy b8's

Let's get this started.
>>
>>3155700
>Anti-psychiatry
When I see this I think of Scientology. Is there more to it?
>>
>>3155700
dada was good at the time, but it's become a tired old meme that shitty artists use to sell literal garbage
>>
>>3155725
Agreed. But it's good to remember that Dada is not only "lol I trolled u" art, but also a celebration of aleatory organization (unconscious) with the purpose of running away from any kind of systematic order (conscious). Just like Surrealism, it had deep roots on psychology and Freud theory.

Nowadays artist with little to no knowledge on the theory, fascinated by the chance of "deconstructing the system", turned themselves into try-hard caricatures that, ironically enough, is now the status quo on academic circles
>>
>>3155720
Basically it starts with Lacan calling bullshit on mental illness classifications, and passing by all sort of intellectuals, having a peek at Foucalt again.
While never saying that mental ill people do not exist, mostly observe that heavy medicine and forced hospitalization usually do more harm than benefit, being all in all more "health" for the patient to live in society again.

Every post-50 Psychiatric Center had major changes on policy and treatment because of this movement.
>>
>>3155720
Hell no. It's way older and less retarded than that
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.