[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did make up start?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 800px-Beijing-Opera2.jpg (298KB, 800x1201px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Beijing-Opera2.jpg
298KB, 800x1201px
I didn't know where to put that thread, but I need to have a conversation with someone over this.
Most of us are aware that make up started thousands of years BC in different cultures. In Ancient Egypt it was directly related to spirituality, in China it was related to social class.
My question is, how did we get to the point where it is not socially acceptable for men to wear make up anymore and why?
Also, why did we initially connect a painted face to a more presentable face/more attractive face?
>>
>>3153522
Ask an anthropologist dude this is probably the wrong place.
>>
>>3153528
Yeah, well, thought that I'd get some of that.
Still seemed like the best place on here for such a discussion.
>>
probably from tribal face paint
>>
>>3153541
Yeah, I guess that was the point where humans connected face painting with spirituality (why?), but at what point was it an indicator of beauty...
>>
File: 1500343520238.jpg (117KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500343520238.jpg
117KB, 1080x1080px
>ancient Cleetus trying to marry his ugly ass daughter to the nigga with the thiccest herds
>"damn bitch maybe I should've beat yo momma more to unfuck your face"
>mom finds white mud and red mud
>smears on face
>makes a 2/10 into a 5/10
>Cleetus acquires cows

And the rest, as they say, was HISTORY...
>>
>>3153631
But why does our brain register white and red mud smeared faces as more attractive than bare ones?
>>
>>3153739
unblemished skin means less disease and better health. A consistent texture fools the brain into thinking someone is healthier than they are.
>>
>>3153795
But like...what about eye makeup for example?
>>
>>3153935
bigger eyes looks more childlike, meaning the woman is younger, younger women are more fertile, meaning make more babies and make them easier

its all about sex dude
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.