[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homosexuality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: gay.jpg (39KB, 270x373px) Image search: [Google]
gay.jpg
39KB, 270x373px
Learn me on the history of homosexuality /his/. I know that in Greek and Roman cultures it wasn't what we envision as homosexuality today at all, but often pederasty or filled with "prison culture" connotations.

But it was still practiced there, and presumably in other pagan societies as well. So here are my main questions:
1. What factors allowed homosexual acts to fall out of style in Rome? Besides Christianity, but speaking of...
2. How come while the rest of the Mediterranean seemed fine with homosexual acts Jews and later Christians took such a harsh stance against it?
3. Was homosexual activity like that in Rome and Greece common in other pagan societies like Scandinavia? Germania?
4. How did these ancient people deal with anal fissures, shitdick, and other "complications" arising from anal sex? What did they use for lube? Why was homosexual sex so prominent despite these factors being drawbacks?
>>
>>3152157
Occurs in nature.

Humans overthink things and attribute cultural values to natural acts
>>
>>3152157
It was never widely accepted, don't believe jewish propaganda
>>
>>3152234
Thanks for not answering my questions.

>Humans overthink things and attribute cultural values to natural acts

Okay cool but I still want to know WHY certain groups attributed good and bad moral values to the act.

>>3152260
So you're saying that if I google "gay Greek pottery" I'm not gonna get dozens of results similar to the one in the OP? For something that was never widely accepted there sure is a lot of art depicting it.
>>
The different city-states had different views on the topic.

If you want to go around having sex with boys, then go to Thebes or Elis. The former is probably the best bet; Thebans are well known as the worst people in all Hellas.
>>
>>3152157
1. infiltration of the local cultures into Roman aristocracy and the adoption of the Marian Reforms opening the army to lower classes (since homosexuality in classical culture was often linked to martial culture)
2. since homosexuality was a Romano Greek practice, early Christens used it as anti-Roman propaganda, as it was aristocratic and imperialist in nature to their eyes
3. Nope, Homosexuality seemingly only develops in highly sectarian martial cultures, ie. Sengoku Japan
4. I assume it would just be, suck it up? Homosexuality mostly developed out of martial culture, so it makes sense that they just took the anal beating. As for shit dick, they had towels, and they probably used some form of oil. As for the last point, if you were stuck in a military regiment, and you were surrounded by fit you twinks, you wouldn't care how your dick got wet.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.