[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So which are you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

So which are you?
>>
File: image.jpg (489KB, 1200x848px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
489KB, 1200x848px
>>3151833
Le religion
>>
>>3151840
How the fuck is that even possible without them chimping out
>>
File: IMG_0660.jpg (83KB, 1536x458px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0660.jpg
83KB, 1536x458px
>>
File: IMG_0661.jpg (53KB, 1536x359px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0661.jpg
53KB, 1536x359px
>>
File: 1501002274458.jpg (93KB, 630x802px) Image search: [Google]
1501002274458.jpg
93KB, 630x802px
>>3151858
>>3151860
>>
>>3151833
legitimate religion includes spirituality, there are not and cannot be seperated
>>
>>3151883
That's not the point of the image, there is an overlap. But you can most certainly have one without the other.
>>
>>3151858
>>3151860
I'd think this was written by a Subaru-driving hippie chick who voted for Bernie and loves music festivals, but it's too articulate

"spiritual but not religious" is the ultimate callow youth pretentiousness, a way to feel special and unique without having to commit to anything meaningful
>>
>>3151833
>>3151896
False distinction. It's not enough to say they are two distinct things with overlap. They are not. I also reject your definition of religion. At its core, religion is the bond of piety. Properly speaking, it necessarily includes everything found in both circles of the diagram.
>>
>>3152303
almost as if people instinctively recognize the vulnerability of religion to become swept into ideology and are rejecting it...
>>
>>3152321
You could technically be part of a religious institution and conduct the rituals and without being spiritually committed, I suspect this is actually quite common.
>>
>>3152321
>At its core, religion is the bond of piety

Your distinction of religion does not equate to what religion is, religion is an institution with forms of worship and rules you absolutely have to follow. For lack of a better example, spiritual 'hippies' do not have a doctrine or rites or rituals they must perform. Yet they are just as spiritual as any religious church goer.
>>
>>3152737
The Supreme Court has doctrine, rites, and rituals. Freemasonry has doctrine, rites, and rituals. They are not religions. Your definition of religion is faulty. It is the bond of piety. It necessarily involves "spirituality" (a term which has yet to be defined adequately) as well as any doctrine or activity essential to said piety.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.