[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Korean War thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

The American Invasion of Korea was called to a truce 64 yrs. ago today.
>>
File: US_Retreat_from_Taejon.jpg (365KB, 1024x756px) Image search: [Google]
US_Retreat_from_Taejon.jpg
365KB, 1024x756px
>>3148259
Occupied Taechon
>>
>>3148259
Were the north and south koreans really so caught up in the apearances of power that they couldnt afford to be seen as the ones backing down that they couldnt just end the war and stare angrily at one another.
>>
>>3148259

I have lived in Seoul for half a year, talked to all the professors at my uni, read up.as much as possible.. Here are some things that conflict with the western narritive:

- The reason for the war is unclear. Western historians, almost all of them, agree that NK attacked SK with Tanks and then there was war. Not just simplified, plain wrong. Syngman Rhee made his scouts knowingly pass the border every night for days until NK finally decided to strike back. He was clearly taunting, knowing he had US help. His goal, I think, was to be perceived as being on the right side of history.

- SK dictatorship was slightly worse than NK dictatorship, but only until mid 50s. Funnily enough the prof who told me that was a NK refugee, half his family prolly got killed by the regime in the 80s, so he has a clear pro-SK bias.

- The USA entered the war illegally, without UN approval. That only came retroactively, 1 week after.

- The UN aided in the division of Korea, western forces may be the reason why the DMZ was installed in the first place. It was not intended as a border.

- This is my personal favorite: If the US had not nuked Japan, Korea might be united now. The resistance in Korea was about to overthrow the Japanese occupational forces, it was a matter of weeks honestly, but the US, immedeatly after nuking Nippon, essentially annexed SK and installed a puppet dictator there. Seriously, read up on Rhee.
>>
>>3148305
It doesn't matter because all of Korea would've fallen to North Korea's brutal dictatorship if Americans didn't die fighting them.
>>
>>3148305
cool
>>
>>3148322

Read the last bit of my post. NK would never have existed if the Koreans were allowed a democratic govt after Jap occupation

Furthermore the formation of NK itself was mostly a reaction to Americas actions in SK

I am no NK apologist, its prolly the worst dictatorship on earth t b h. But history is more complicated than good & bad
>>
>>3148305

Yes! I knew the Americans were too blame all along.
>>
>>3148365

Why do I even try f am..

Its okay man, just believe whatever you feel really comfortable with, right?
>>
>>3148391
Now you've made me feel bad, I was only kidding around trying to bait for some angry replies.
>>
>>3148411

Holy shit, somehow I knew you were a real /his/torian and that it would at least somewhat sting

Its cool, man, t bh my posts were very anti-American

There is little point in focussing on the things NK did wrong, because everyone knows about them, you feel me?
>>
>>3148358
What would have prevented unified Korea from just being the Chinese/Soviet propped tyranny? Seems like the American dictator saved their asses severely.
>>
File: 7b2.jpg (27KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
7b2.jpg
27KB, 500x324px
>>3148322
>>3148432
Ameritards are fucking pathetic
>>
>>3148432
Kim Il Sung was only chosen when the democratic leader didn't want to rule. If all of Korea was freed things could have been different.
>>
Happy Victory Day comrades! This is a glorious Victory one by the great Korean People's Army. Tears keep rolling down my eyes over how sweet this victory was over the American imperialists. President and the great leader comrade Kim il-sung defeated the US imperialists and their puppet allies the Korean people won a glorious victory 64 years ago.
>>
>>3148305
>The resistance in Korea was about to overthrow the Japanese occupational forces, it was a matter of weeks honestly,
This completely ignores the fact that the Soviet Union had already swept through Manchuria and was already in Korean territory when the second bomb was dropped.

Both the US and USSR had agreed that each of them would stop at the 38th parallel, so it's safer to say that this was an injustice on the part of both of them rather than simply the US in denying the Korean people their sovereignty.

>>3148358
>Read the last bit of my post. NK would never have existed if the Koreans were allowed a democratic govt after Jap occupation
Even if the US had allowed the South a democratic government, the USSR was already in and had already established the DPRK.
>>
>>3149320
Here here! Glory to Comrade Kim Il Sung. Great leader and libertator og Korea!
>>
>>3148259
Thread theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7V4tOdboWA
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.