[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rome fell.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Why does /his/ deny this?
>>
>>3145864
I never much liked the WRE anyway. Too gay.
>>
>>3145864
not your western rome-centric safe-space. byzantine empire WAS rome. you can kys if you don't understand this fact
>>
>>3145896

Ottoman empire was Byzant
>>
>>3145896
>byzantine empire WAS rome.
It's a semantic argument one way or the other.

But whatever was happening in the Greek East, in the Latin West civilization fell. Trade networks collapsed, industry collapsed, political order collapsed, and cities shrunk to nothing.
>>
>>3145896
This desu
>>
>>3145864
problem is which Rome fell?

I mean Rome is still there, a bit castrated but it's still a thing that exists
Imperial line and empire where still things in the Byzantine empire
The Pope, the de-facto ruler of Rome in the middle ages was the one who officially anointed Charlemagne
Roman culture and Western civilization are basically synonymous

and the only "fall" that was actually a violent takeover was the one the Ottomans did to the Byzantines.

Lot of questions about who and which place really owned Rome in the latter half of the empires life is the reason for the conflicting theories.
>>
File: Screenshot (43).png (61KB, 422x672px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (43).png
61KB, 422x672px
>>3145994
"Rome fell" means that in much of the territory once ruled by Rome, including its original heartland, civilization collapsed into barbarism.

Only contrarian "Late Antiquity" byzaboo fedora-historians (so most of /his/) deny this.

www.bu.edu/historic/hs/perkins.pdf
>>
>>3146056
>"Rome fell" means that in much of the territory once ruled by Rome

that still includes the Byzantine empire
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.