[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Two Bullets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Assassination of the Archduke.jpg (442KB, 1500x1717px) Image search: [Google]
Assassination of the Archduke.jpg
442KB, 1500x1717px
Does /his/ find it fascinating how radically different the world be if Gavrilo Princip hadn't shot his gun to assassinate Archduke Ferdinand?

I don't think about it every day, but the reason our world grew up into the current state it is was...

>the death of monarchies making decisions for the countries they rule over as they have lost the war to industrialized democratic nations
>The unfair Treaty of Versailles firing up hate and bitterness in Germany and giving birth to Hitler's fascist ideologies, thus starting the Second World War.
>American involvement in both wars forever cemented it as one of the strongest world superpowers, causing its ideologies to clash with their Communist rivals who were the other world superpower, thus prompting countless offshore wars that caused massive domino effects of instability and corruption in Asia and the Middle East as well as Latin America

... If Gavrilo had kept his gun at home and decided not to assassinate the Archduke, how much the world would be different? We would have a much different set of problems, sure, but I'm sure they won't be as big as the ones we're currently having.
>>
>>3145089

>... If Gavrilo had kept his gun at home and decided not to assassinate the Archduke, how much the world would be different? We would have a much different set of problems, sure, but I'm sure they won't be as big as the ones we're currently having.

>implying europe wouldn't have blown up some other way

>you need much deeper changes to aviod a WW1
>>
>>3145089
WWI is pretty much unavoidable, but if Britain had stayed out of the war, France had capitulated quickly (as they had done a few decades hence) matters would be a lot better for us all now. A strong British Empire, an America that does not grow obscenely rich, a strong Germany and a renewed France, continuation of the Austro-Hungarian empire and the Ottoman Empire (keeping the Arabs down and the Middle east stable).
>>
>>3145608
The USA was already on the fast track to becoming obscenely rich before the war though, in terms of industry it had surpassed both the UK and Germany.
>>
>>3145559
but it might have happened much later. and in turn, ww2 might have happened when hydrogen bombs were on the table. basically, any 20th century time line is inferior to this one, because in this one, the hydrogen bomb hasn't been used in anger.
>>
File: wwdf.png (45KB, 1058x485px) Image search: [Google]
wwdf.png
45KB, 1058x485px
Germany had decided that "the time was right for a general war", so it was bound to happen anyway
Princip just provided them with an excuse
>>
>>3145089
>The unfair treaty of Versailles...giving birth to Hitler's fascist ideologies.

The Versailles treaty wasn't terribly unfair in light of Germany's harsh treatment of occupied territories and their attempt to gain hegemony over Europe.

The militarism, ruthlessness and desire to dominate Europe were already in evidence during World War I. They didn't start with Hitler.
>>
>>3145089
The only way to prevent a world war is to drain the blood of all aryan males suitable for the army and give it to the eternal anglo
>>
It wouldn't have been that different since the war was gonna happen anyway
Now, if Germany wasn't so fucking autistic and had kept their hands from Belgium and raping everyone there, then maybe the world would be different
>>
European statesmen had been anticipating war for years prior to Princip's assassination. How could you explain all the alliances and guarantees and such if this were not the case? The assassination of Gavrilo Princip just kicked it all off. If it were not that, it would have been something else.
>>
Germany anyways wanted to start the war but they didn't want to be blamed so princips acts was a chance
>>
File: 1483796555906.png (121KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1483796555906.png
121KB, 600x338px
>>3145089
>Versailles
>unfair
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.