[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Want to go and see this thing , do they talk about the frenchmen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: dunkirk.jpg (25KB, 220x314px) Image search: [Google]
dunkirk.jpg
25KB, 220x314px
Want to go and see this thing , do they talk about the frenchmen who died? Or give any mention to the french at all?
>>
>>3142567
Yes

>>>/tv/
>>
Help yourself by checking the fucking catalog.
>>
File: IMG_3807.png (24KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3807.png
24KB, 500x750px
>>3142567
Well Christopher Nolan was going to but then he just gave up on it really fast.
>>
>>3142567
Don't give money to the "let's overrate British history" machine
>>
>>3144348
I'm guessing you haven't seen it then
>>
>>3144319
THE BATTLE OF FRANCE WAS IN 1940 REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
The troops trapped at the beaches of Dunkirk were allowed to escape due to Hitler ordering a halt on the advance against the wishes of his generals.

The Wehrmacht was fully capable of destroying the troops trapped at Dunkirk; however, an anticipation of armistice/ceasefire/treaty, remorse and/or strategic blunder can all be associated with Hitlers decision to halt the advance on Dunkirk.

One think is certain, they were allowed to escape and the Wehrmacht could have destroyed or captured them.

The first of many mistakes Hitler would make during that war against the wishes of his generals.
>>
>>3145571

>The troops trapped at the beaches of Dunkirk were allowed to escape due to Hitler ordering a halt on the advance against the wishes of his generals.
Wrong. Kleist and Rundstedt issued the halt order, and Hitler backed it up. Their reasoning was very much military in nature, and viewing that the proper placement of limited available reinforcements and supplies was pursuing the retreating French forces and not squeezing a pocket.

>The Wehrmacht was fully capable of destroying the troops trapped at Dunkirk;
Then why didn't they between May 27th and June 4th?
>>
>>3145794

On thing is for sure, they ordered a halt when they should not have against the wishes of Hienz Guderian and many other generals. It was a strategic blunder.

They were fully capable of closing that pocket, the Wehrmacht proved this in many battles on the easter front fought hundreds of miles away from German soil.

The men at Dunkirk were allowed to escape, that halt on the advance saved their lives.
>>
To my knowledge, the reason that the Wehrmacht stopped advancing was due to a request from Hermann Goring. He wanted to prove to Hitler that the future of the German Armed Forced lay in his branch, the Luftwaffe, and not the Wehrmacht, with whose commanders Göring was in a constant backroom battle for political supremacy. Long story short, he wanted to prove that the Luftwaffe could destroy the Allied Armies at Dunkirk with less lives lost and more efficiency than the Wehrmacht could. Hitler ordered the attack to stop to indulge Göring, but by the time Hitler realised Göring was full of it, the allies had had a decent amount of time to set up enough defenses, manned mainly by Frenchmen, to let the British escape across the channel.
>>
>>3145917
>>3145794
>>3145571
Why are you copy-pasting stuff from the other thread?
>>
>>3145917
>It was a strategic blunder.
A tactical one if at all. Destroying the BEF wouldnt have made any actual difference to the progress of the war
>>
>>3145571
>>3145571
wtf i love nazis now! uncle hitler was so honorable!
>>
>>3146294
Was Hitler really your uncle? Tell us more.
>>
>>3146297
yes, he was a stern, but kind, man. he liked to walk around the room with his doggie for hours, and if you entered the room, why!, he'd smack you with his dog whip like you had robbed him blind! everybody loved Herr Werewolf, though. what an endearing man! he spoke in a whisper and a little stammer, but what a gentleman! one day father, with uncle hitler's permission, allowed me to spend time with him on the eastern front. I had a little soldier's uniform, and everything! I remember those months very fondly, I adoringly changed the fuhrers Chamberpots as he laid in bed. best days of my life :)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.