[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

China Warlord Era

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1828.jpg (59KB, 461x319px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1828.jpg
59KB, 461x319px
What can /his/ tell me about this period
Any notable warlords or break away states or anything particularly crazy
>>
File: Warlord China.png (171KB, 1200x992px) Image search: [Google]
Warlord China.png
171KB, 1200x992px
>>3142544
That map's not the warlord period though. Nominally it was 1916-1929

Also everyone was sort of pretty colorful.
>That Fatass Muslim Chinese general in the Republican Army, Ma Hongkui, who loved the fuck out of ice cream.
>Zhang Zuolin who headed the Fengtien Clique and was obsessed with restoring the Qing Dynasty,
>Zhang Zongchang of the Zhili Clique, the most colourful Chinese warlord. Alias "72 Cannon Zhang," "Dogmeat General," and "General 3 Don't Knows" because "He never knows how many soldiers he has, how much money he has, and how many mistresses he has." Had a private air force, master in the use of armoured trains, and a Praetorian Guard of White Russians.
>Feng Yuxiang. Basically a Protestant Redneck in a Chinese body- albeit a stellar disciplinarian- the "Christian General" who first fought for the Zhili, then for the Republican faction.
>General Qing En Liu. Less of a commander and more of a machine-obsessed eccentric, invented China's first Semi-Auto Rifle in 1916. Sadly the patented machine ordered from Britain to make the rifles sank due to WWI shenanigans, causing the general to become super-depressed.
>>
>>3142630
>invented China's first Semi-Auto Rifle in 1916
>tfw no technocratic cyberpunk China

Oh wait
>>
Did any European powers such as France,UK or the Soviet Union take advantage of a fractured China?
If so, why didn't they?
>>
>>3142762
If not*
>>
>>3142544
>HOI map
>>
>>3142762
Too busy fighting in the great war which happened in the same time
>>
>>3142762
Too busy with their own Europe crisis. They absolutely did try to take advantage of China before the 1900s tho.
>>
>>3142762
France and UK supported and supplied a lot of warlords since they were part of their "spheres of influence"
While Russia for example tried to expand their influence over Tuva (which actually became a protectorate) and Mongolia.
>>
>>3142544
There actually plenty of foreign mercenaries running around the place like Morris "Two Gun" Cohen, a Canadian Jewish Cowboy who was a fanboy of Sun Yat-sen for some reason and was Chiang Kai-Shek's bodyguard, and plenty of disenfranchized White Russians fleeing the civil war.

Their female counterparts were adventurous prostitutes who've heard that warlords pay ridiculous prices for white pussy.
>>
I've been super interested in this period for a while, but can never find any info on this: Did any of the warlords have a navy? Were there any naval battles, and in general, how big of an impact did naval affairs play during the time?

I want to make a board game about this, but don't know whether or not to include Naval stuff.
>>
>>3142630
You should have made color boxes on your map tho
>>
>>3142762
I think France may have influenced the south of China but that could have been before Warlord era. Japan took advantage of and supported various warlords to increase their influence in places like Shadong and Inner Mongolia.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.