[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 500px-Nauru_map.png (195KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
500px-Nauru_map.png
195KB, 500x385px
Why?
>>
Capitalism
>>
australia needs somewhere to host their off shore gulags
>>
>>3140753
Honestly not one single fucking clue.
t. Aussie.

Nah, this place is economically in the shit. There is simply no opportunity here. Why would you want to bring people here who would probably be worse off and literally starving?

>these refugees think they are going to be able to crack the million dollar shed home market.

Kek. Pic related is a million dollar "house" in sydney. Surely they could build their own homes nicer. Sucks to be the economic refugee who picks Australia.
>>
File: shack.jpg (133KB, 629x404px) Image search: [Google]
shack.jpg
133KB, 629x404px
>>3141049
>Pic related is a million dollar "house" in sydney.
Whoopsie.
>>
phosphate is cool
>>
>>3140756

Actually. If you got together $500 million or so in money, you could probably not only pay the residents for the land, but pay off Australia for independence and recognition as a sovereign state..

Its only got a GDP of $160 million and all the residents want to leave badly along with the refugees and the land is worthless now and most of the coast will be underwater in 50 years.

You could probably install your libertarian or fascist paradise that you always dreamed off.
>>
>>3140753
>mining has devastated about 80% of the land area
what the fuck why didn't anybody go 'hey maybe we should think about this long-term'
>>
>>3141145
When has anyone ever said "maybe we should think about this long term" when short-term benefits are that good?
>>
>>3141114

Well a billion could do it, but then he'd have to fix the interior where they mined it all out. Then build a port and airstrip. Try to get people and corporations to immigrate.

Easier to just move to Ireland for tax breaks.
>>
I just looked at the Island on Google Earth and shit they did fuck it up badly
>>
>>3140753
Nauru is the original ancap paradise
>>
>>3140753
If your "country" is too small to have a functioning economy without it being mostly comprised of international aid, it shouldn't be an independent nation. Nauru is probably the most pathetic nation-state on Earth. Doubt it'll exist in another 50 years.
>>
>Intensive phosphate mining during the past 90 years has left the central 80% of Nauru a wasteland
JUST
>>
>>3140753
Holy shit.
>>
>>3140753
They should grow hemp in Nauru. It's cheap, it grows damn well under equator (and on a full nitrate soil), it produces a large amount of biomass which will "quickly" make humus, and you can produce and sell oil from the seeds.
Let me be their minister of agriculture.
>>
apparently Australia is sending refugees there
>>
>>3144554
why not study agronomy and try a variety of crops to see which yield the most profit per acre
>>
>>3144600
It's not just about profit, it's also about restoring the soils. As you can see nothing grows there nowadays. You'll need a rustic plant to colonize the area before testing some really profitable crops. I thought about hemp but maybe there's something better...
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.