[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most badass fighting force in history and why is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Legion Etrangere.png (188KB, 1024x748px) Image search: [Google]
Legion Etrangere.png
188KB, 1024x748px
What is the most badass fighting force in history and why is it the Legion Etrangere?
>>
>>3140088
Nah, Gurkhas are better, even deadliest warrior agrees.
>>
File: wash.png (280KB, 643x704px) Image search: [Google]
wash.png
280KB, 643x704px
>>3140107
Deadliest Warrior also thinks that Washington was a better general than Napoleon
>>
>>3140142
>Napoleon
>defeating and banished

>Washington
>leads the best country of all time

what did the hispost mean by this
>>
>>3140142
Sorry to rain on your parade Pierre but your country is an overrated meme, even a normie TV series could see that.
>>
>>3140088
What makes you think the FFL would be the best? They may be pretty hardcore, but all they have to their name is that one battle in mexico and dien bien phu (a fucking major defeat), what did they do in WWI, that would be significant, what in WWII?
>>
>>3140184
>what in WWII?

Bir Hakeim
>>
>>3140158
>>Washington
>>leads the best country of all time

Do the blobs actually believe this? America was largely irrelevant until 1918 because Europe had almost destroyed itself.
>>
>>3140088
The Legion is just a surrogate for the Swiss mercers.
>1830 Switzerland outlaws mercers services for France
>1831 La Legion is founded
>>
>>3140196
Ok, while not bad, does it warrant the title of "most badass fighting force in history"? I know this is a shitty bait thread (OP forgot a few accents, I doubt a frogfucker would do that), but we could still steer this thread in an interesting direction. How about: Who was better, Tercios, Landsknechte or Swiss pikemen?
>>
>>3140213
You cant honestly believe this. They had a non-interventionist policy when it came to old-world powers and their politics. Roosevelt was already waving the big stick and making the southern anericas bend the knee.And industrially the US was literally booming continuously til the depression hit. America might not have been officially a great power then but it definitely was a rising power on its way there. Calling them irrelevant is dishonest.
>>
>>3140244
>Landsknechte or Swiss pikemen
Landsknechte were a cheap copy of Swiss Pikes for poor people.
>>
>>3140245
irrelevant
>adjective
>not connected with or relevant to something.
>"an irrelevant comment"

hmmm

>They had a non-interventionist policy when it came to old-world powers and their politics
They didn't want to get BTFO by European powers, and were comfortable fighting pastoral nomads, along with subsistence agriculture tribesman, for new land.

>Roosevelt was already waving the big stick and making the southern anericas bend the knee
Serious internal conflict and division within the country.

>And industrially the US was literally booming continuously til the depression hit
The US was tryign to industrialise it's country so that it could compete with the European powers .

That "continuously" is quite dubious though.

All in all, I think it's pretty safe to say America was "not connected with or relevant to something", with that "something" being the major world powers of the time, up until 1918.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.