[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>when you realize that Civilization originated in the Orient

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: uwgdfoev8redjkvym30i_400x400.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
uwgdfoev8redjkvym30i_400x400.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
>when you realize that Civilization originated in the Orient
>when you realize the West has merely copied what the East already had by millenia
>>
The Near East was more civilized at the time than it is now.
>>
>>3138094

The Orient IS the Near East. Go look up the "Oriental Institute", note that they are devoted to the study of Assyriology, not to the study of China.
>>
OP here by Orient I meant all of Asia
>>
>>3138094
Hell no it wasn't. The Middle East has never been as literate, prosperous, and safe as it is right this minute.

It's just no longer overwhelmingly more literate, prosperous, and safe than the rest of the planet, as was the case for most of antiquity.
>>
>>3138079
WE WUZ SHOGUNZ N SHEIT
>>
>>3138079
*copies greek mythology*
我们是哲学家和狗屎
>>
>>3138079
Pretty sure most of the West lived in the countryside up to the 1800s. Most people in the Roman Empire lived in the countryside.

The Western peoples still live like the Burned Housed Horizon and Trypillian Cucetini cultures.
>>
>>3138231
Only the elite were largely literate in Egypt.
>>
>>3138894
[Citation needed]

Protip: a sourceless 2006 blogspot found in /pol/ doesn't counts
>>
File: madmen318.gif (856KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
madmen318.gif
856KB, 500x384px
Well they stagnated. Then men of Europe did not hesitate and made contact with north/south american, conquered it, took all its riches and started inventing some of the most revolutionary innovations in human history, forcing the orient to go into copycat mode in order to remotely compete with Western nations.

Your leaving out the past 600 years of history and the fact that your living in a white mans world OP. Plains, trains, automobiles, computers, telephones, and modern advances in mathematics, medicine and space exploration.

Use your brain man. WEZ WAZ KANGS AND SHEEET!
>>
>>3138079
The first history ever written literally says this. I don't see how this is controversial.
>>
>>3139215
> The first history ever written literally says this
Which one?
>
>>
>>3139429
I think he means Herodotus
>>
>>3139200
You mean like how the west is beginning to stagnate now?
>>
>>3139200
Incas were superior to europeans though.
>>
>>3140457
In many ways, yes, but not in every single way.
>>
>>3138079
>Unironically being an Orientalist
>>
>>3138094
/thread
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.