/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Catholics choose to be Catholics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 28

File: bible-998150_960_720.jpg (162KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
bible-998150_960_720.jpg
162KB, 960x720px
Most people enter into the Catholic religion because of ignorance, and since most of them rarely even read their bibles they have no idea that what the church preaches is different to what's written but why, even when some Catholics are confronted and shown what they bible says, still choose to believe in their church instead of the words of God?
>>
File: 1499104037228.png (533KB, 2048x729px) Image search: [Google]
1499104037228.png
533KB, 2048x729px
>>3135798
>>
>>3135798
I this is mainly by heritage, because that's what they were taught
>>
>>3135798
This is true of every belief that you grow up with. People aren't rational, they believe things because they make them feel secure or worth something, not because they make sense.

Haven't you spent enough time on this site to figure that out yet, much less gone outside?
>>
>>3135800
with all due respect sir, that's a really crappy and inaccurate meme.
>>
Why do seculars think that 'muh independent thinks!' is good or relevant to Christianity?
>>
>>3135811
>I this is mainly by heritage, because that's what they were taught
This is true of all belief systems, including atheism. The vast majority of people never investigate their own beliefs.
>>
>>3135798

What does the bible say about dancing with snakes and speaking in tongues you fucking fruit?
>>
File: 1499097685657.jpg (78KB, 960x512px) Image search: [Google]
1499097685657.jpg
78KB, 960x512px
>>3135817
Try this one then
>>
>>3135815
I disagree with you, most people choose to believe whatever is most convenient for them, disregarding whether it makes sense or not.
>>
>this is what a heretic thinks
You were refuted centuries ago Luther, go back to the eternal hellfire from whence you came.
>>
>>3135821
What do you mean by that?
>>
>>3135836
Not a single mention of people dancing with snakes in the whole bible. When the bible mentions that term of speaking in tongs, it doesn't refer to some made up angel language, it refers to languages other people spoke around that time period such as latin and what not.
>>
>>3135843
say that to my beard, idolator
>>
>>3135838
You need to get a better understanding of the different branches of Christianity, Protestantism is a rehash of catholicism. That guy Joel is a charismatic shill. Christians have one book and one book only which is the holy KJV bible. nothing to do with catholics, or protestants or the orthodox
>>
>>3135843
What does a heretic thinks? That the bible is truth?

That guy isn't related to my post whatsoever, in his own words the catholic church left him, he didn't leave the catholic church
>>
>>3135798
>x protestant interpretation of scripture is the highest authority of faith because ???

But anon that is a fundamental mistake
>>
>>3136008
"what must I do to be saved? and they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house"

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:"

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

because an 8yo couldn't draw into the conclusion that salvation is a gift reading the bible on his own. Right? By the way I'm not even protestant, that's just a rehash of Catholicism
>>
gotta talk to bo(b)son before you even begin to debate catholicism
>>
>>3135798
>and since most of them rarely even read their bibles

End this meme.
>>
>>3135798
it's hard to admit everything you were taught as a child is a lie and being a catholic is really easy
>>
>>3136070
it's not a meme, it's reality
>>
>>3135856
I mean, 'independent thought' is a humanist meme. It has no place within Christianity.
>uh lmao look at me im thinkin fer meself SCIENCE IS FER GAYS!
>>
>>3136072
But don't they already believe that the bible is the word of God? It's not easy to be saved according to the Catholics, you have to constantly do stuff for them/with them or you'll go to hell. It's way easier to be saved according to the teachings of the bible which are the truth and the only way to get saved. According to the bible all it takes is faith
>>
>>3135871
The KJV is the disgusting product of Angl*s that does not contain several books used in Catholicism and Orthodoxy.
>>3136103
No it's not you fucking child.
Either if they don't read it, they hear it orally. You do realize that oral transmission is still prevalent now? Fucking humanists.
>>
>>3136115
There's plenty of room for that in Christianity, ideally you would align with everything the bible says but plenty of people are mixed up in a lot of stuff and even then they can be saved. You could be a Nazi that believes in Jesus and you'd still go to heaven.
>>
>>3136117
Catholicism implies constant renewal of your commitment with Christ and his teachings. Unlike Protestantism and the "just believe in Jesus and that's it" or Calvinism where it doesn't matter how are you in life you are probably going to hell anyway. Do you really think God would prefer people who just believe in him and not others who try to demonstrate it by their actions?
>>
Because it's a more fulfilling form of Christianity that has more in common with early christianity as it would have been practised in the days of Paul than modern protestantism.
Have you actually read the catechism?
Where do you take these supposed facts about catholicism from?
>>
>>3136137
those books are not cannon.

>No it's not you fucking child.

you are either retarded or in denial, it's a fact that the vast majority of Catholics don't read the bible.

>hear it orally

sure, because Catholic preachers preach the whole bible and use tons of scripture to back their arguments up and whatnot.

Are you willfully ignorant or you are too deep into idolatry a.k.a. the worship of devils to know what's the message of the gospel? You know Jesus has the power to save you right? All you have to do is believe in the bible and his words

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
>>
>>3136103
What makes you think Catholics don't read the Bible? No Proddie memes or propoganda, give me a viable reason.
>>
>>3136147
Look up the origins of Catholicism, and you'll be surprised at its real identity (Mystery Babylon).

You are saved through christs sacrifice, not by your actions.

Christianity stands on the Gospel of God's sovereign grace. In love, God predestines His chosen ones to be adopted as sons through Jesus Christ, their sole mediator.
>>
>>3136147
If constant renewal where to be a thing, the Lord Jesus wouldn't had had to say this "Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." using birth as an analogy because salvation is something that happens once, in a moment and is irreversible.

I'm not a protestant once again, I'm a christian I believe in the bible not in men. And actually "just believe in Jesus and that's it" is what the bible teaches, if you disagree with that you are backing your faith/belief on the words of men.

Of course God want's his servants to be useful, but believing that works + faith is what gets you into heaven is not the message of the gospel "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." salvation is a gift.
>>
>>3136146
>align with the Bible
You don't understand Christianity.
>>
>>3136160
>has more in common with early christianity as it would have been practised in the days of Paul than modern protestantism.

has more in common with early Christianity and blatantly disregards the teachings of the holy bible, yeah right mate.

Personal experiences
>>
>>3136164
They aren't canon (to you) because you're a disgusting Angl* heretic.
READING THE BIBLE IS A COOPERATE PROTESTANT MEME, DESIGNED BY THOSE TOTALLY INCAPABLE OF RECEIVING THE HOLY SPIRIT.
>>
so were Romans in the right to allow Jews to kill Jesus?
y/n?
>>
File: child praying with Mary.jpg (592KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
child praying with Mary.jpg
592KB, 1600x1200px
>>3136166
It could be all that idolatry, which is, you know, Forbidden by god in the bible
>>
>>3136166
Because if you ask them "if you were to die today, are you 100% you would go to heaven" they answer "I hope so, I mean, I've been a pretty good person"

and also because if you ask them "are you a christian?" they say "No, I'm catholic"
>>
File: 1499604589447.png (642KB, 1797x644px) Image search: [Google]
1499604589447.png
642KB, 1797x644px
>>3135817
You're right.
Posting the fixed version.
>>
>>3136209
>praying with Mary
Even your fucking image name contradicts you.
>>
>>3136193
How come?
>>
>>3136224
Praying to a graven image contradicts gods laws

So im alright
>>
File: 1443314290480.png (192KB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
1443314290480.png
192KB, 480x287px
>see a protestant on fire
>offer him the proven tradition of water from a hose
>he spits at me
>tells me he has a relationship with water of his own
>hoses are heresy
>faucets are not in the bible
>everyman is a fireman
>mfw
>>
>>3136208
They were not “When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.”

that's a reference to a law of the old testament, according to that law in order for Pilate to had been innocent he would not had been a witness to Jesus crucifixion.
>>
>>3136209
I said no memes.

>>3136216
So your anecdotal evidence proves all Catholics don't read the Bible?

Also Catholics are Christian.
>>
>>3136238
Praying WITH
WHY CANT HERETICS READ
YOU HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF GOD'S LAWS BECAUSE YOU ARE INCAPABLE OF RECEIVING THE HOLY SPIRIT
NO MAN WHO DENOUNCES THE MOTHER OF CHRIST MAY RECEIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT
>>
File: 1500134371367.png (268KB, 700x494px) Image search: [Google]
1500134371367.png
268KB, 700x494px
>>
>>3136245
Great analogy mate. those traditions sure are proven and all, the Lord said this “But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.” for no reason at all.

Once again I'm not a protestant, I have nothing to do with the great whore that is the catholic church.
>>
>>3135838
>Dante
>strongly hints at the Pope being in Hell
>puts a pagan (Cato) in Purgatorio
;) nice try buddy
>>
>>3136259
>Praying WITH
How can you pray with a dead person?

>YOU ARE INCAPABLE OF RECEIVING THE HOLY SPIRIT
I am saved by the grace of god, not filthy rags

The holy spirit is indwelling me
>>
File: paradise lost .jpg (103KB, 622x489px) Image search: [Google]
paradise lost .jpg
103KB, 622x489px
>>3135838
nice cherrypicking there papist
>>
>>3136279
>how can you pray with a dead person
You keep admitting heresy. Stop that.
>>
>>3136254
>So your anecdotal evidence proves all Catholics don't read the Bible?

It proves that most Catholics don't read their bible. They aren't, if they were followers of Christ then they'd had the Holy Ghost in them

"But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand."
>>
>>3136245
>offers a hose
>as your pope pours gasoline on the already hundreds of raging fires
>as the head of your institution that has started countless fires in history
>your institution literally parallels the definition of an arsonist set food in the book of legal codes
yeah no gonna pass on that
>>
Protestant does not come from protesting against the doctrines of the Catholic Church. This is a common misconception.

John Eck destroyed Luther's theological arguments and humiliated him at Leipzig in 1519. Luther was forced to admit that his arguments were heretical and no legitimate theologian took Luther seriously after that. In 1521, the Edict of Worms was issued condemning Martin Luther and his teachings. In 1526, the Diet of Speyer suspended the Edict of Worms and allowed Luther to preach his heresy under the protection of six German princes. In 1529, a second Diet of Speyer lifted the suspension of the Edict of Worms and again prohibited Luther from preaching. The six princes signed a letter of protest to the Emperor, requesting that the original Edit remain suspended. The word Protestant comes from the protest of the princes to the civil authority. It was not a protest to or against the Church.

Luther the reformer was right in that the Church was corrupt in the same way that the Church is corrupt today and had a significant support from the pious German middle class. Most of the clergy (who were mostly members of the nobility) were only interested in money and making their lives more comfortable.

The reformation was about money and had little to do with religion. The Emperor had raised taxes to fight the French for control of Italy and the Turks in the Balkans. The German princes and burghers did not see why they should pay for these wars so far away from their lands. They did not want to pay taxes to the Hapsburg Emperor, much the same as the American rebels did not want to pay taxes to protect King George's family holdings in Hanover against the French. They saw Luther as an opportunity to rebel and cloak their tax rebellion behind a facade of righteousness.

This religious "reform" also allowed the princes to steal church land, under the pretense of ending corruption.
>>
File: Luther on deathbed.jpg (34KB, 202x312px) Image search: [Google]
Luther on deathbed.jpg
34KB, 202x312px
>>3135862
>>
>>3136297
This led directly to the German Peasant's War of 1522 which was caused by the dissolution of the monasteries. The monks had given food to local peasants. Now the princes were selling it for money. The starving peasants rebelled. Luther called for the princes to slaughter the impermanent rebels. This reinforced his position with the princes, but he lost most of his popular support among the lower classes.

The princes formed the Schmalkaldic League in 1531 and held out against the Emperor until 1547. The Emperor defeated the heretics, but then negotiated away his victory in the name of unity and compromise in the Peace of Augsburg, which formally recognized the Lutherans. The Emperor Charles V later realized his mistake, resigned in 1556 and retired to a monastery.

The pre-Trent convents and monasteries were different than the Franciscans and Dominicans that we are familiar with. Some religious houses were very pious, but many were not. Often younger sons were forced into the monastery by their families.
There was also a class distinction among the monks. Upper class monks who could read and write worked in the library or scriptorium, while lower class monks worked the fields or kitchens and were essentially servants to the upper class monks. The number of lower class monks were restricted while the families of the upper class monks had to pay the monastery. Runaway monks were common and the civil authorities would arrest them and return them. The same was true for the convents.

When Luther and the Princes disbanded the monasteries, these upper class ex-monks and nuns became his greatest supporters. Very few parish priests defected.

From what I know of Luther, he seems to have been caught up in his own celebrity and his writings became more radical as he was egged on by his supporters. Later in life he seems to have retracted some of his earlier positions and was probably always Catholic, and a hypocrite in the truest sense of the word.
>>
>>3136291
Where in the bible does it say mary is alive?

Since youve read it you can tell me.
>>
>>3136259
27 And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.

28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

Words from the mighty Lord himself, if you were to follow him you'd be able to understand.
>>
>>3136209
Do you not know why images of Mary almost always show her in a position of prayer?

Because she is also praying. If you had any influence of the Holy Spirit and weren't simply masturbating yourself to your own ideas, you would begin to understand this.

But wait, you don't actually have faith in God. You're a Peterson suckoff. You reject the 'irrational' aspects of Christianity because they offend your bourgeoisie senses.
>>
>>3136308
>>3136309
>sola scriptura
YOU WORSHIP A BOOK BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO COMMUNION WITH GOD. YOU CANNOT EVEN INTERPRET SCRIPTURE.
>>
File: 1500763222771.png (249KB, 248x459px) Image search: [Google]
1500763222771.png
249KB, 248x459px
>The bible was written by God
Why do people believe this?
I met some protestants who won't even say "Oh my God", it's just a word in English you cooks.
>>
>>3136301
I firmly believe that he remained being a catholic until the day he died. I disagree with what the protestant movement did, stealing is never justified, I only knew about a small part of all the things that you wrote about
>>
>>3136316
>you worship a book
Guess muslims are christians now :^)))) muh communion with God
>>
>>3136314
I reject Roman catholicism because it is not Christianity,

my salvation is through faith in Christ, not the false doctrines of the Roman religion
>>
>why do people choose to follow the church jesus created
this is your brain on heresy
>>
>>3136316
I don't worship a book, I worship the words that are written therein which are the words of God. I worship God almighty

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

you are not a sheep of the Lord.
>>
File: Irenaeus-of-Lyons.jpg (112KB, 868x536px) Image search: [Google]
Irenaeus-of-Lyons.jpg
112KB, 868x536px
>>3136340
Which doctrines do you have a problem with, my friend?
What are your thought about the collection of the gospels and books in the New testament that were organized by the Church and what is your opinion on the old Church Fathers?
>>
>>3136333
Why? "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

It's not just a word in English Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain." God is also a name for God
>>
>>3136340
Amen
>>
>>3136336
Heretics can't read anything, can they?
>>3136340
You aren't Christian, you're below Catholics. You are a disgusting humanist. You are not saved.
>>
>>3136350
>Which doctrines
Anything created by the Roman magisterium are false gospel and are anathema to christianity

> opinion on the old Church Fathers?
Fake Christians and apologists for the Roman system of control
>>
>>3136348
You might as well call yourself a Gnostic, idiot.
Stop LARPing as an apostle!
>>
>>3136348
You worship a book because you cannot read the Bible. You have no communion with God. You do not have the Holy Spirit which allows one to read absolutely any translation of the Bible in their tongue and comprehend it as God said it.

Stop LARPing, Peterson suckoff.
>>
>>3136170

>Mystery Babylon is RCC

End this meme.
>>
>>3136345
Jesus didn't create the catholic Church, even if an angel came down from heaven teaching what the Great whore teaches we aren't allowed to believe on what he teaches "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
>>
>>3136364
>Fuck the Romans maaan! i only submit to my Angl* overlords!
>>
>>3136371
Did you know Vatican was the center of Mithras worship in Rome?

Did you know the cult of Mithras had a celibate male priesthood?

Did you know the leader of this priesthood was called

The Pope?

Guess not, shame your faith in the catholic church is blinding you to the truth
>>
>>3136367
>>3136370
Say the follows that reject the teachings of the bible.
>>
>>3136386
'pope' means Father you idiot.
>>3136388
I don't, you do. Worse, you pervert them for your humanism. You are the Whore.
>>
File: 354deaa3770912621bb816da070346a.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
354deaa3770912621bb816da070346a.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>>3136386
>>
>>3135798
Because it feels more organized to have a holy order of clergy and a pope. I trust them more than Protestants or Baptists.
>>
>>3135798
I must say, it is absolutely adorable when the little Paulians have their little fights.
>>
>>3136400
"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." I keep on quoting from the bible, I haven't seen you do that even once.

What's humanism even?
>>
>>3136407
Even when they contradict the teachings of Christ? It still feels more organized? Who's the boss at the end of the day?
>>
>>3136413
Stop perverting scripture, Whore.
>>3136421
You contradict Christ. You cannot even begin to understand any aspect of God. Stop this, heretic.
>>
>>3136386

>Did you know Vatican was the center of Mithras worship in Rome?

You know the Vatican didn't exist back then?

>Did you know the cult of Mithras had a celibate male priesthood?

Did you know that the vow of celibacy is not doctrine, and is only practiced by the Latin rite Catholics? Even then there are exceptions.

>Did you know the leader of this priesthood was called The Pope?

Did you know that, it wasn't?

There was more than one Pater Patrum and it didn't function anything like the Pope.

>Guess not, shame your faith in the catholic church is blinding you to the truth

Shame you're too retarded to do any real research and just eat up whatever pastor cletus tells you.
>>
>>3136411
>Judaizers
>>
>>3136045
>salvation is a gift
That's what the Catholic church has been teaching forever.
>>
>>3136505
A gift is free, the catholic church teaches you must earn your way to heaven via works
>>
>>3136505
Their definition of gift must be wrong then, because they believe that you can lose your salvation.
>>
File: 1500776401968.jpg (67KB, 591x960px) Image search: [Google]
1500776401968.jpg
67KB, 591x960px
Here you go Americans, have fun learning.
http://www.pravoslavieto.com/docs/eng/Orthodox_Catechism_of_Philaret.htm
>>
>>3135871
>one book only
where do you suppose the KJV comes from? were all christian scriptures invalid before this abomination of a translation of a translation of a translation came into being?
>>
File: 1416269939576.gif (219KB, 1772x2250px) Image search: [Google]
1416269939576.gif
219KB, 1772x2250px
>>3136568
From my years of research and study, I've come to the conclusion that Biblical Christianity is the truth.

Not Roman Catholicism.
Not eastern Orthodoxy.
But Protestant denominations.

Catholics just role-play. It's all carnal and goes against the teachings of Jesus.
>>
>>3136575
Biblical Christianity is heretical. Sorry kiddo, but claiming that man-made theology is invalid while also ascribing to 'research and study', you are basically shitting on your own face and licking it up. Typical heretic behavior.
>>
>>3136575
That's not in the bible
>>
>>3136575
you didn't answer me. given that the KJV is a translation (we can debate the merits of its translation another time) of another version of the Bible, how can it be the one and only book?
>>
>>3136581
Rome's "gospel" is not good news at all. The Roman institution, calling itself "The Church", usurps Christ's mediatorial office, proclaiming herself as the "sacrament of salvation."

The Roman Catholic Church is a mighty obstacle to anyone seeking salvation, enslaving millions of people to a religious system and preventing them from coming directly to Christ.
>>
>>3136575
21. Which is the more ancient, holy tradition or holy Scripture?

The most ancient and original instrument for spreading divine revelation is holy tradition. From Adam to Moses there were no sacred books. Our Lord Jesus Christ himself delivered his divine doctrine and ordinances to his Disciples by word and example, but not by writing. The same method was followed by the Apostles also at first, when they spread abroad the faith and established the Church of Christ. The necessity of tradition is further evident from this, that books can be available only to a small part of mankind, but tradition to all.
>>
>>3136590
I'm not Catholic you fucking heretic.
You are the Whore. You have no connection to Christ. You will die like this because you are too arrogant to comprehend your own heresy.
>>3136591
Don't try to argue with the teenager, he cannot comprehend a pre-literary world.
>>
>>3136568
Didn't meant to say that the KJV is the only holy version of the bible. In the English language it is, but there are good bibles in most if not all languages.
>>
>>3136597
>damage control
Fuck off, Angl*
>>
File: Antonio_Salazar-1.jpg (374KB, 1195x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Antonio_Salazar-1.jpg
374KB, 1195x1600px
Here you go Americans, have fun learning.
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM
>>
>>3136605
I can quote scripture that debunks most If not all of your beliefs. Why are you so keen in following that path to hell? Show me in the scriptures where do I err
>>
>>3136614
>scripture
Sola Scriptura is invalid. The Word of God comes before the Written Word. You have no access to either, however, because the former is required to comprehend the later.
You are on the path here, heretic.
>>
>>3136614
>scripture is the ultimate authority
the bible is ironically a contradiction to this heretical belief. how can the new covenant exist and replace the old covenant, if scripture is the ultimate authority? are you saying that God is beneath the scriptures, and that he cannot invalidate any of it?
>>
>>3136621
Says who? I've read the bible from start to finish and not even once that is either stated or hinted at. The word of God is the written word of God, the holy Ghost speaks unto you with the scriptures.
>>
>>3136623
The bible is the inspired word of god, your traditions are not

Deal with it
>>
>>3136623
“Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.”
>>
>>3136636
We have pretty much the same stance sir. What led you into the truth?
>>
>>3136636
once again you've failed to address the point. the scriptures are indeed the inspired word of God, but that does not make them the sole basis for the faith. was the OT not also the inspired word of God? if so, how could it's laws be overwritten by the new covenant?
>>
File: Catholics.png (678KB, 2047x729px) Image search: [Google]
Catholics.png
678KB, 2047x729px
>>3135800
>>
>>3136648
“Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.” what's wrong here is your lack of understanding
>>
>>3136632
>sola scriptura
Stop shitposting. Claims of sola scriptura do not validate sola scriptura. The Word of God comes first, and you would understand this if you had it.
>>
>>3136653
Best meme of the whole lot lol
>>
>>3136657
you still aren't addressing the point, stop beating around the bush. how could Christ release the Jews from their prior obligations such as resting on the sabbath if the scriptures are the ultimate authority? you would put the scriptures above God himself, the idolater here is you.
>>
>>3136664
Without the Holy Spirit you will not understand God's Word

If one does not have the accurate understanding of the Scriptures, then you cannot understand what God is saying, you cannot understand His commandments and His message.
>>
>>3136677
You don't have the Holy Spirit you dope, what about that don't you understand?

The Word of God comes from the Holy Spirit, not scripture. Scripture comes second, but below.
>>
>>3136513
It has never taught that. You'll never find it in any official doctrine.
>>3136517
Only if you turn away from the Lord and reject his laws and love.
>>
>>3136671
Think this true, you are basically calling God a liar and the bible says "In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;" So, you either have a different God in your mind or you are really messed up and need to do some studying.
>>
>>3136683
The holy spirit dwells within me

Christs sacrifice has saved this worthless sinner and none of your insults will change that.

I suggest if you want to know Christ better, you read the bible (KJV please) and the holy spirit may enter your heart if you let it.
>>
>>3136684
That's false, Saul turned away from God and did many things to the point that God stopped communicating with him, yet Saul is in heaven right now "Moreover the LORD will also deliver Israel with thee into the hand of the Philistines: and to morrow shalt thou and thy sons be with me: the LORD also shall deliver the host of Israel into the hand of the Philistines." the Spirit of Samuel the prophet is the one speaking to King Saul. I can quote plenty of scripture to back me up
>>
>>3136685
through* not true
>>
File: Don't trust Catholics2.gif (24KB, 468x240px) Image search: [Google]
Don't trust Catholics2.gif
24KB, 468x240px
ITT: Butthurt Satanist pedophiles
>>
File: 58b.png (175KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
58b.png
175KB, 600x600px
>My personal interpretation of holy scripture
vs
>Traditional interpretation of holy scripture,holy traditions and holy orders
>>
>>3136708
>Dont read the bible, the catholic church will tell you whats in it
>BTW, thats $50 to get out of purgatory

Roman temples dont pay for themselves
>>
>>3136685
>>3136704
how did you come to that illogical conclusion? I am saying that God can change his laws if he so desires, which is how the new covenant came into being. not once did I imply that God lied. you still have yet to address the argument, which you won't do because your stance doesn't make any logical sense.
>>
>>3136691
Stop deluding yourself. You do not know Christ, you only know the Whore.

The KJV is monarchist trash, heretic.
>>
>>3136191
And works are the obvious consequence of faith and love given to Jesus.
Get off your high horse, saying that you've got faith but not acting like your living God would have wanted is simply hypocrisy.
>>
>>3136715
hahahahaha, $50 is a true bargain for a place that's not even mention in the bible even once lol
>>
>>3136741
>sola scriptura
The Word of God (something so alien to you that you confuse it for scripture) supersedes the Bible. Sorry, heretic.
>>
>>3136724
If the bible says these two things;

“Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.” "In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;"

And you choose to believe that "God can change his laws if he so desires" then the God that you have in your mind is a false God, because in order to "change his laws if he desires" this “Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.” would be false, thus making God a liar.
>>
>>3136691
it's true you can't tell parody from real christianism on the internet
>>
>>3136761
>rationalizing God
proddy heresy
>>
>>3136731
The written word of Holy Scripture is all we have to know God, we only know God by His word that He has given,

if you don't have that word or you have the wrong word and you don't have God and you are decieved.

You will be held accountable for that on your judgement day.

I would not like to be in your position with that attitude.
>>
>>3136759
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Those words found in the bible are God.

>>3136770
"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."
>>
>>3136707
Ah, yes, Islam, the Catholic offshoot whose adherents warred with Catholic nations for the Holy Land, were targeted by the Inquisition, and invaded Europe
Ah, yes, communism, the Catholic political system whose governments were atheist and anti-theist, tried to restrict the Church's influence, and had all of its adherents excommunicated in 1949
Ah, yes, Nazism, the Catholic political system run by men who thought that modern Christianity was too Jewish, were condemned by Pius XI in the encyclical Mit brennender Sorge, frequently arrested priests who spoke out, and even plotted to assassinate Pius XII
Yes, such pro-Catholic institutions.
>>
>>3136761
indeed, he did not come to destroy the law, he came to fulfill the prophesies of the prophets. this doesn't mean that he didn't destroy part of the old law. in your interpretation of the quote, you erroneously assumed that because Christ said his purpose was not to destroy the law, that he could not have changed any of the old laws. this is contradicted when he instructs his apostles to do work on the sabbath, eat before washing their hands, etc. his purpose was to redeem us from our sins, but that doesn't preclude him from changing the old laws.
>>
>>3136781
>this is what heretics actually believe
Back to /r/eddit please, some of us aren't walking memes.
>>3136783
>sola scriptura
More heresy, wonderful

The Logos is not the Bible, the Logos is Christ through the Holy Spirit. The Bible is absolute irrelevant and is only given so much gravity because proddies are delusional corperatists looking to sell Bibles.

Sorry Whore, salvation cannot be sold. It is a gift.
>>
>>3136789
He did not destroy parts of the old testament, he fulfilled them, because they were fulfilled there's no need for them anymore "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away."
>>
>>3136797
>The Bible is absolute irrelevant
lol
>>
extra ecclesium nulla salus is the most norrow minded and petty doctrine conceivable. do you guys seriously believe that everyone who doesn't fall under the jurisdiction of your arbitrarily defined organizational structure will be burning in eternal hellfire? that's some stupid shit
>>
>>3136805
but he did "destroy" parts of the old testament. how else can you explain why the apostles were permitted by Christ to break the rules given to the Jews through Moses?
>>
>>3136819
Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.

7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.
>>
>>3136839
you're proving my point, the Lord is greater than the temple, and greater than the scriptures (which are a tradition of the temple) as well. how then, can the scriptures be the ultimate authority? do you even read the quotes you're posting?
>>
>>3136857
The Apostles were empowered by the Holy Spirit who did testify the Truth, Jesus came so that we could have life more abundantly, to repair the broken breach between Him and His people Israel who recieved the new name and New Covenant and became Christians.
>>
>>3136883
what does this have to do with sola scriptura?
>>
>>3136809
The Word of God comes before the Written Word. You are too arrogant to see this
>>
>>3136783
Translational bias. Stupid m*narchist.
>>
>>3136926
the word of God is the written words. you are no better than a pagan.
>>
>>3135798
we read the bible in communion with Christs church and believes all its teachings. you follow a sectarian interpretation founded in 1521 in which individuals interpret scripture independently in trying to resurrect "true Christianity" ending up with many variations of theologies and sects which disagree with one another and end up all being not even remotely similar to the faith practiced by the apostles and their immediate successors as bishops because of the rejection of "pagan" doctrines supposedly accepted by constantine.
>>
>>3136942
No, he Word of God is not written. You are the pagan here.
>>
3. What is necessary in order to please God and to save one's own soul?

In the first place, a knowledge of the true God, and a right faith in him; in the second place, a life according to faith, and good works.

4. Why is faith necessary in the first place?

Because, as the Word of God testifies, Without faith it is impossible to please God. Heb. xi. 6.

5. Why must a life according to faith, and good works, be inseparable from this faith?

Because, as the Word of God testifies, Faith without works is dead James ii. 20.
>>
According to the definition of St. Paul, Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen (Heb. xi. 1); that is, a trust in the unseen as though it were seen, in that which is hoped and waited for as if it were present.

7. What is the difference between knowledge and faith?

Knowledge has for its object things visible and comprehensible; faith, things which are invisible, and even incomprehensible. Knowledge is founded on experience, on examination of its object; but faith on belief of testimony to truth. Knowledge belongs properly to the intellect, although it may also act on the heart; faith belongs principally to the heart, although it is imparted through the intellect.

8. Why is faith, and not knowledge only, necessary in religious instruction?

Because the chief object of this instruction is God invisible and incomprehensible, and the wisdom of God hidden in a mystery; consequently, many parts of this learning can not be embraced by knowledge, but may be received by faith.

Faith, says St. Cyril of Jerusalem, is the eye which enlighteneth every man's conscience; it giveth man knowledge. For, as the prophet says, If ye will not believe, ye shall not understand. Isa. vii. 9; Cyr. Cat. v.
>>
9. Can you illustrate further the necessity of faith?

St. Cyril thus illustrates it:

It is not only amongst us, who hear the name of Christ, that faith is made so great a thing; but every thing which is done in the world, even by men who are unconnected with the Church, is done by faith. Agriculture is founded on faith; for no one who did not believe that he should gather in the increase of the fruits of the earth would undertake the labor of husbandry. Mariners are guided by faith when they intrust their fate to a slight plank, and prefer the agitation of the unstable waters to the more stable element of the earth. They give themselves up to uncertain expectations, and retain for themselves nothing but faith, to which they trust more than to any anchors. Cyr. Cat. v.
>>
22. Why, then, was holy Scripture given?

To this end, that divine revelation might be preserved more exactly and unchangeably. In holy Scripture we read the words of the Prophets and Apostles precisely as if we were living with them and listening to them, although the latest of the sacred books were written a thousand and some hundred years before our time.

23. Must we follow holy tradition, even when we possess holy Scripture?

We must follow that tradition which agrees with the divine revelation and with holy Scripture, as is taught us by holy Scripture itself. The Apostle Paul writes: Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word or our epistle. 2 Thess. ii. 15.
>>
24. Why is tradition necessary even now?

As a guide to the right understanding of holy Scripture, for the right ministration of the sacraments, and the preservation of sacred rites and ceremonies in the purity of their original institution.

St. Basil the Great says of this as follows:
>>
Of the doctrines and injunctions kept by the Church, some we have from written instruction. but some we have received from, apostolical tradition, by succession in private. Both the former and the latter have one and the same force for piety, and this will be contradicted by no one who has ever so little knowledge in the ordinances of the Church; for were we to dare to reject unwritten customs, as if they had no great importance, we should insensibly mutilate the Gospel, even in the most essential points, or, rather, for the teaching of the Apostles leave but an empty name. For instance, let us mention before all else the very first and commonest act of Christians, that they who trust in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ should sign themselves with the sign of the cross--who hath taught this by writing? To turn to the east in prayer--what Scripture have we for this? The words of invocation in the change of the Eucharistic bread and of the Cup of blessing--by which of the Saints have they been left us in writing? for we are not content with those words which the Apostle or the Gospel records, but both before them and after them, we pronounce others also, which we hold to be of great force for the sacrament, though we have received them from unwritten teaching. By what Scripture is it, in like manner, that we bless the water of baptism, the oil of unction, and the person himself who is baptized? Is it not by a silent and secret tradition? What more? The very practice itself of anointing with oil--what written word have we for it? Whence is the rule of trine immersion? and the rest of the ceremonies at baptism, the renunciation of Satan and his angels?-
>>
-from what Scripture are they taken? Are they not all from this unpublished and private teaching, which our Fathers kept under a reserve inaccessible to curiosity and profane disquisition, having been taught as a first principle to guard by silence the sanctity of the mysteries? for how were it fit to publish in writing the doctrine of those things, on which the unbaptized may not so much as look? (Can. xcvii. De Spir. Sanct. c. xxvii.)
>>
the religion makes very impressive use of mythological and psychological memes, drawing from over a millenia of research on its subjects. how can you NOT want to join. at least until you examine the premise logically.
>>
>>3136575
Can you expand on your arguments and justification?

What of other religions?
>>
>>3137099
>logic
>of any value
Back to /r/eddit please.

There is nothing mythological or psychological about Christianity, pagan.
>>
File: Keep+Europe+Pagan_1.jpg (10KB, 300x271px) Image search: [Google]
Keep+Europe+Pagan_1.jpg
10KB, 300x271px
What are you going to do when the religions of peace come for you ?
>>
>>3136797
Im sure you will convert people to roman paganism by calling them whores

baka
>>
>>3136797
>The Bible is absolute irrelevant

Glad to see Catholics are starting to tell the truth about their beliefs.
>>
>>3136819
Jesus broke the rules the pharisees and sofairs (sp?) made in Babylon, not the Law as given to Moses.
>>
File: 653622.jpg (124KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
653622.jpg
124KB, 720x960px
I'm a practicing Catholic, feel free to ask me anything.

> since most of them rarely even read their bibles they have no idea that what the church preaches is different to what's written but why, even when some Catholics are confronted and shown what they bible says, still choose to believe in their church instead of the words of God?

Wrong. Take a look at the catechism sometime and you'll see every point is backed up by the appropriate passage from Scripture.

That's why the Church has a coherent set of doctrines that have remained unchanged for almost 2,000 years while there's thousands of contradicting Protestant doctrines.
>>
>>3139176
resting on the sabbath is definitely one of the laws given to Moses
>>
>>3139178
It's not even a close call. Most of what you believe is in the bible, is not in the bible. Including your absolutely absurd belief that Peter is the foundation of the church, and that Mary was born sinless, did not die and ascended to heaven where she intercedes for you. Your baptism, eucharist, rosary; these are all carry-over pagan beliefs and items from Babylon.

You are a Babylonian pagan, my friend. You just call Semiramis/Isis/Ishtar "Mary" instead.
>>
>>3139186
But not "keep off the grass".

The Law is Remember the Sabbath Day and keep it holy.

Not "don't travel more than 50 yards or start a fire".
>>
File: laughing-pepe.jpg (27KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-pepe.jpg
27KB, 399x385px
>>3139188
>>
>>3139194
the law states to perform no work on the sabbath day, yet Christ instructed his apostles to gather grain.
>>
>>3139201
And then Jesus told the hypocrites that David too ate of the shewbread that was reserved for the priests only.....

I sense you yourself are entangled in legalism. I suggest you break free, because you're practicing lawlessness and increasing sin.
>>
>>3139213
what is the point you are trying to make here? God, and even David with God's consent is clearly above the laws written in the scriptures ACCORDING to the scriptures, so the scriptures cannot possibly be the ultimate authority. you continue to apply armchair "psychology" on me but you have yet to offer any argument of actual substance.
>>
>>3139226
That the disciples were greater than David, and unless the pharisees wanted to condemn David, they should shut their hypocritical pie holes about the disciples.

The way you think, you may never understand that man was not made for the sabbath, but the sabbath was made for man.
>>
>>3139226
The argument is quite simple. You, like the hypocritical pharisees of Jesus' day, have abandoned the Law of Moses in favor of your own Pharisaical Judaism.

You, for instance, think you have kept the Passover properly in your life, while clearly according to the scriptures you have not.

And the result is your insufferable religious self-righteousness, your religious pride, the same that the devil has, that is an offense to both God and man.
>>
>>3139188
>>3139188
>You just call Semiramis/Isis/Ishtar "Mary" instead.
I don't even know what you're trying to imply here. Do you not recognize Mary as the Mother of God? Are you a Christian?

>absurd belief that Peter is the foundation of the church

Matthew 16:18: "You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church."

What are your specific concerns about it?

(1) https://www.catholic.com/tract/peter-the-rock
(2)https://www.catholic.com/tract/peter-and-the-papacy

>and that Mary was born sinless

The angel Gabriel's greeting to Mary, "Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with you" (Luke 1:28).

https://www.catholic.com/tract/immaculate-conception-and-assumption

>did not die and ascended to heaven where she intercedes for you

You think assumption is impossible? So it didn't happen to Enoch and Elijah?

>Your baptism

All Christians believe in the Sacrament of Baptism. What're you getting at here?

>eucharist

This is a sacrament that Christ instituted.

And having taken bread, he gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body, which is being given for you; do this in remembrance of me." In like manner he took also the cup after the supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which shall be shed for you." (Luke 22:19-20)

I am the living bread that has come down from heaven. If anyone eat of this bread he shall live forever. (John 6:51-52)

>rosary

This is a tool that helps us pray.
>>
>>3135798

Because of the whole networks of priests and bishops based on apostolic tradition.

The Bible can be really fucking confusing and lots of parts leave you scratching your head. Since I don't have a theology degree or speak Latin or all the other things priests do to become priests, I really appreciate knowing that 2,000 years of people have looked at the same passage of the Bible and have an interpretation.

I know that the Orthodox have this system too, but I don't speak Amharic or Ukranian so it would have been tough to go to those churches.
>>
>>3135826
atheism is not a belief system retard it's a lack of belief

it's like saying my favourite sound is silence
>>
>>3139230
>>3139240
please refrain from the ad hominems and actually address the argument being made. if God is greater than the scriptures, which the scriptures indicate is true, how can the scriptures be the sole basis for faith? shouldn't that be God, not the scriptures? yes, the scriptures come from God but that only serves to show that he is above them.
>>
>>3139255
>Logical fallacies
That's not in the bible, good sir
>>
>>3139264
what logical fallacies?
>>
>>3139270
>Ad hominem
it's just a joke mate.
Proddies are self righteous and insane
>>
>>3136427
Pastor Cletus hahaha. Truly evangelicals are the silliest of all Christians.
>>
I choose to be a catholic because of the Jesuits and their teachings.
>>
File: 1500651880026.png (1MB, 600x640px) Image search: [Google]
1500651880026.png
1MB, 600x640px
>>3139817
I got bad news for you most Jesuits in the modern day are corrupted to liberal theology.
Legacy of the Jesuits is ruined forever by these imposters and perpetrators.
>>
>>3136286
Anglicans are special snowflake Catholics.
>>
>>3139171
lol
>>
>>3139178
If you were to die today, are you 100% sure you'd go to heaven? Back your answer up with quotes from the bible

>That's why the Church has a coherent set of doctrines that have remained unchanged for almost 2,000 years
lol yet I can debunk most if not all of your doctrines with the bible
>>
>>3139250
>You think assumption is impossible? So it didn't happen to Enoch and Elijah?
"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;"
>>
>>3135798
>they have no idea that what the church preaches is different to what's written

Oh look, it's an inbred american protestant talking out of his ass. Aren't they the cutest.
>>
>>3139164
>>3139171
I'm not Catholic. Can't you read? Holy shit proddie, at least develop 3rd grade literacy before you start advocating universal Bible ownership.
>>
>>3139194
Shabbat is an Old Covenant law reserved for the Children of Abraham.

In the New Covenant, all days ought to be kept holy.
>>
>>3140053
Oh wow one verse (not even sourced) in rebuttal to one point of a dozen, and is not even relevant to that point.

Why do you hate the mother of your Savior, Anon? Why do you call her a whore, like Ishtar, a pagan goddess of prostitutes and the like?
>>
>>3140863
Holy shit that looks demonic.

I like Catholicism, orthodoxy and high church Anglicanism. It's comfy. Pic related.
>>
>>3136278
>strongly hints
nigga, he outright shows several popes in hell, and says boniface the 8th had a special place reserved in circle 6, as the center of the eternal fire
>>
>>3135871

There are only 2 branches of christianity; the Eastern Apostholic Catholic Orthodox, aka Orthodoxy, and the Roman Apostholic Catholic Church.

Then there's a variety of Protestant denominations: the euro ones, basically lutherans and reformists, that technically didn't seceded, and never intended to, but see themselves as a reformed continuation of the Roman Catholic Church. Then there's the anglo denominations which funnily see themselves as 'christians' but are in fact either a grand compilation of heresies or not christian at all. Or both, most likely. And either way they're shunned out by the 2 main Christian Churches.
>>
File: Quiboloy Duterte.jpg (81KB, 834x478px) Image search: [Google]
Quiboloy Duterte.jpg
81KB, 834x478px
>>3135798
Well, here in Catholic Philippines, the other alternative is Protestantism. And Protestantism is stuck between
>No fun allowed religious fanaticism and anti-intellectualism.
And
>Christ-rock tier HEY FELLOW KIDS ISNT CHRISTIANITY COOL!? Cringe

At least Catholicism is somber.

In addition, Catholicism doesn't violate the separation of Church & State here. When they have a position against something, they stand firm to it (i.e. vs. gay marriage, death penalty, and so on). Meanwhile the bajillions of Protestant groups in this country suck tremendous government official cock promising block votes for their pet causes within their Churches in return for rewards.
>>
>>3142068

That's some type of anglo burger ''''''''''Christianity'''''''''' '''''''''''Church'''''''''', not respectable lutheran europrotestantism.
>>
>>3136277
the thing is, the church is an agreement on all the experts and leaders of christianity on what is cannon and what is not

protestantism is every guy making up his own canon
>>
>>3142068
>>No fun allowed religious fanaticism and anti-intellectualism.
>And
>>Christ-rock tier HEY FELLOW KIDS ISNT CHRISTIANITY COOL!? Cringe
that seems to be all protestants, in europe its mostly the latter i think
Thread posts: 201
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.